Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Ull - City of culture

Recommended Posts

What a great start from the lady on the radio:

Here are in ull, city of culture. We've set up our studio on the asstury sorry estuary.

And straight in with voting to leave the EU.

I like ull. It has an end of the world feel.

Back to leaving EU again.

ull - city of EU leavers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh FFS.

She's now with the Siemens windymill CEO.

Why did you choose Hull?

Its closest to the North Sea

Did Brexit have an affect?

No, we are not exporting. All for the field.

FFS, every other question is relating to Brexit and if they are going to leave. Every answer is No.

Didnt a lot of your workfoce vote to Leave?

Thats a democracy. You have to respect their decision. There's no point going over + over and we move on.

Interview stops.

I feel a referendum on whether the BBC license fee should remain.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Oh FFS.

She's now with the Siemens windymill CEO.

Why did you choose Hull?

Its closest to the North Sea

Did Brexit have an affect?

No, we are not exporting. All for the field.

FFS, every other question is relating to Brexit and if they are going to leave. Every answer is No.

Didnt a lot of your workfoce vote to Leave?

Thats a democracy. You have to respect their decision. There's no point going over + over and we move on.

Interview stops.

I feel a referendum on whether the BBC license fee should remain.

 

 

Apparently fishing communities and town (where ther was once one ) tended to vote leave, so I guess Grimsby and Ull fall into this category

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are on the Bransholme estate.

'Not everyone is so articulate ...'

People talking about struggling. On that estate it would help if they worked and went to school FFS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh christ two of my recent threads have crossed.

'Now xxx. How many kids do have? 5'

XXX has recently started a new business .... making party gifts....

Do you make a living from this. Almost.

Oh FFS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Oh christ two of my recent threads have crossed.

'Now xxx. How many kids do have? 5'

XXX has recently started a new business .... making party gifts....

Do you make a living from this. Almost.

Oh FFS.

 

What telly programme you on spy.  It sounds like a Beeb thing but no, the Beeb in on with the evils of drink at the mo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its probaly worth listening to on iplayer.

'And here we are, in the 'North''

'Oh look. Poor people. Can we evict them and get some muslims instead?'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you will listen to R4.  Made by the middle class for the middle class Islington set.  And teachers.  It must be like being on safari with David Attenborough. And over here we see ordinary working man in his natural habitat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born and raised in East Yorkshire and  went to Hull grammar school for 9 years. Bransholme is the lowest achieving most interbred place in the country and nearly 100% white British so perfect for radio 4 to patronise without getting any guilt about it. Didn't visit the home of the slavery abolitionist Wilberforce then ? Or point out that the English civil was started at Hull when the monarch's army was refused entry?  Didn't visit the old town of Beverly just to the north with the uks  only remaining mediaeval grazing commons the Westwood?

As to Brexit, what do they care about the EU it's done nothing but destroy what there was in the city? Even when I was at school in the 70's there were a significant number of trawler skipper's children in the schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Born and raised in East Yorkshire and  went to Hull grammar school for 9 years. Bransholme is the lowest achieving most interbred place in the country and nearly 100% white British so perfect for radio 4 to patronise without getting any guilt about it. Didn't visit the home of the slavery abolitionist Wilberforce then ? Or point out that the English civil was started at Hull when the monarch's army was refused entry?  Didn't visit the old town of Beverly just to the north with the uks  only remaining mediaeval grazing commons the Westwood?

As to Brexit, what do they care about the EU it's done nothing but destroy what there was in the city? Even when I was at school in the 70's there were a significant number of trawler skipper's children in the schools. 

Token reference to some but mainly on it voting Brexit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spyguy said:

Token reference to some but mainly on it voting Brexit.

 

Oh the horror.  Those thick northerners.  Won't they think of the Islington set and Westminster bubble.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spyguy said:

*********** LOOK WHO  WON THE BBC FACE OF HULL ***********

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2016/kofi-smiles-face-of-hull

His parents are from Ghana. FFS

He lives in Withernsea. FFS*10^100

And he works at the job centre.

English Lit from Newcastle Poly. Works in job centre.

Really doing the jobs the natives cannot do FFS.

He sounded a nice bloke but, FFS, useless waste of space.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, spyguy said:

'Now xxx. How many kids do have? 5'

XXX has recently started a new business .... making party gifts....

Do you make a living from this. Almost.

Oh FFS.

 

Can you Imagine R4 asking any of these questions in an area with a high level of ethnic minorities

 

Hull is still one of the area of the UK with very low Immigration, from what you say it sounds like the radio 4 commentator is having a field day asking all sorts of un-PC questions without the uncomfortable feelings associated possible stereotyping 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Well if you will listen to R4.  Made by the middle class for the middle class Islington set.  And teachers.  It must be like being on safari with David Attenborough. And over here we see ordinary working man in his natural habitat 

Fellow Londoners. Let's have a good laugh at the North, and their quaint ways!:mellow:

The "news" I caught earlier did seem like condescending drivel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, not taking a pop at the bloke, it just seems to have rigged all around him.

His real name is Kofi Duodo

Maybe al Quaeda missed a trick in not changing Osama's name to Bill Wainwright?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   90 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.