• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Well those that believe they are here to rule us will not go quietly.  How about the crazy idea that people look after their own family and charities pick up the slack? They just make going to work ever more pointless.

The social contract is broken beyond repair imo.

HOLA446
HOLA447
19 minutes ago, doomed said:

Well those that believe they are here to rule us will not go quietly.  How about the crazy idea that people look after their own family and charities pick up the slack? They just make going to work ever more pointless.

The social contract is broken beyond repair imo.

To look after your own would mean having local jobs which could afford one to have the time to help out.  Yet again poor housing and job policies creating side effects like these. 

I would be very suprised if they manage to get this through and break the cap.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
5 minutes ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

Not sure it's that awesome. The results will be a rejection, 100% guaranteed. Then when conditions get really dire for old people they will passive aggressively blame the electorate. 

Judging by most of the comments under the article, seem immigrants will get most of the blame.

HOLA4411

It's the same tactic THEY use for everything;

Create and distribute a horror story about "Double Digit Rises" to strike fear into the populous, then once everyone's moaned about it the "Actual" rise will be closer to 9% so the sheep will say, "Phew that was lucky! We thought it was going to be Double-Digits!, Dodged a bullet there!" as usual.  Thinking you've escaped the proposed increase but totally disregarding the fact that Council Tax is just that; It pays for Council Employees' pensions.  If that wasn't bad enough, the majority of Local Council workers across the Country are useless, inanimate objects who couldn't get a job in the real world due to their incompetence and laziness.  Local Councils are the last resort for people who couldn't get a job anywhere else.  There are some good people, but the ratio of good against downright terrible means that even with the best intentions in the World, the level and quality of service received will not improve, the quite the opposite in fact.

And emptying your bins costs about £1 per week...

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'd rather see the triple lock scrapped from April 2017. The minority of pensioners who are poor that will lose out by this being compensated by increased pensioner tax credits the rest given nothing extra. The money saved from abandonning the tripple lock then being spent on elderly care before the begging  bowl is passed round younger generations through council tax.

HOLA4415

I'm sure that any increase in Council Tax revenues will be reallocated wisely...

http://lada.debtresistance.uk/londons-councils-audit-debt-raising-tax-rates/

In Newham, which has borrowed £563m from banks like RBS and Barclays in the form of high-risk LOBO loans, interest payments on debt are equivalent to nearly 80% of the borough’s council tax revenue.

You can check if your council has LOBOs here:

http://lada.debtresistance.uk/

...I know it's old news but thought it worth slapping on the table! ;) 

HOLA4416

Slash the foreign aid budget

make large companies such as Vodafone, Lloyds and Shell pay their corporation tax

Raise taxes on BTL

Raise taxes on top 5% earners

Hardly rocket science. If house prices were priced at their true worth (bricks and mortar)/ rents were correct, I would not mind such a hike in council tax which would help those in need of support. But write now I am just about getting my family by on the monthly wage so Surrey Council can F*** off.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

They want a referendum on this.

The honest question should be - 'Do you want everyone else to pay more tax so that you don't need to pay care fees from your own assets?'

Or - 'Do you mind everyone paying a bit more tax so that you get to keep your massive inheritance?'

Sadly, the people that would answer no to the above are the exact same people that don't normally vote.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, mathschoc said:

Raise taxes on top 5% earners

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to make a fair contribution but they are already taking the p*ss here for genuine PAYE earners in my view.  Given you're keen on taking my earnings from me would be interested to know just how much tax and NI I should be paying in your view?

HOLA4423
19 minutes ago, wish I could afford one said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to make a fair contribution but they are already taking the p*ss here for genuine PAYE earners in my view.  Given you're keen on taking my earnings from me would be interested to know just how much tax and NI I should be paying in your view?

Don't you completely avoid any income tax by paying into a pension wrapper anything above the tax allowance?

HOLA4424
2 hours ago, SarahBell said:

I think we have to face up to the fact there's a lot of social care needs funding and it's got to come from somewhere. 

But priority needs to be your own assets before other people's cash.

But surely the boomers worked hard and paid in all their lives? The triple lock pension is all fully costed and affordable.

HOLA4425