Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Recommended Posts

This is the town where property prices have risen the most in 2016

 

Luton has been identified as the top-performing town across the UK for house price growth over the last year.

Property values in the Bedfordshire borough have jumped by nearly a fifth (19.4 per cent) over 2016 and are nearly £42,000 higher typically than a year ago, according to the Halifax bank.

http://www.independent.co.uk/property/house-and-home/uk-property-prices-latest-2016-luton-bedfordshire-a7501381.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kiwi_Muncher said:

Its just lots of BTL tossers outbidding each other!!! Must be like a tulip bulb salesman convention!

This. On very low volumes.

The best performing areas of the last 5-10 years are all BTL hotspots.

They are going to crash like a rocket propelled brick.

Whats interesting about most of these places - rough ar5e London satellite towns - is that 20 years ago they used to have hobs a ndstuff. Now most of them are jobless benefit cr.pholes. Reading takes the crown for this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, spyguy said:

 

The best performing areas of the last 5-10 years are all BTL hotspots. 

Tower Hamlets, Watford and Barking and Dagenham make the list too. All shitholes par excellence.  I suspect you are right. BTL idiots jazzing off on HMO floorplans most likely. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the replies on the Indy forum hit the nail on the head. Just publish the bloody table of twenty towns you morons, it doesn't warrant any comment. Just give us the bloody table !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

One of the replies on the Indy forum hit the nail on the head. Just publish the bloody table of twenty towns you morons, it doesn't warrant any comment. Just give us the bloody table !

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-4073012/Luton-tops-UK-property-table-2016-unglamorous-parts-South-East-biggest-house-price-rises.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC there was a social housing crisis in Luton reported on local radio due to London Boroughs (unable to house locally) taking all the flats there. Luton is a sh1tty dirty town with few pockets of community and loveliness. It's a poster child for a multi-cultural experiment, and far enough away from Islington for those supporting the agenda to be untroubled by it. But mostly its a dirty, congested town; good only for escaping (M1, airport).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, monkeyman1974 said:

IIRC there was a social housing crisis in Luton reported on local radio due to London Boroughs (unable to house locally) taking all the flats there. Luton is a sh1tty dirty town with few pockets of community and loveliness. It's a poster child for a multi-cultural experiment, and far enough away from Islington for those supporting the agenda to be untroubled by it. But mostly its a dirty, congested town; good only for escaping (M1, airport).

There is indeed ,currently 13k on waiting list for homes.Said on forum for months prices in Luton have gone crazy ..Watched my friends who have houses from family support gain 120k plus over 3 years in price increases its a joke.

 

As I point out repeatedly the prices are going up in the shithole no one wanted to live they are going up as other areas have become unaffordable and with 20% increases it won't be long till these places join the unaffordable list ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many northern towns still sinking in price seven years into this ''housing boom''. Blackpool has been a bit of a grave yard for investors, on another thread Keith Harris was left penniless playing Monopoly in Blackpool. As indeed have many northern footballers, should have palyed for Spurs  and it would have gone swimmingly.

I guess those of you living down south could always swap your two bedroom hovel in a sink Labour ward of Cambridge with a mansion on the Fylde so long as you can put up with shale gas extraction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spyguy said:

This. On very low volumes.

The best performing areas of the last 5-10 years are all BTL hotspots.

They are going to crash like a rocket propelled brick.

Whats interesting about most of these places - rough ar5e London satellite towns - is that 20 years ago they used to have hobs a ndstuff. Now most of them are jobless benefit cr.pholes. Reading takes the crown for this.

 

You really need to give your obsession with the Reading/M4 corridor a miss its complete ******.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fandanman said:

You really need to give your obsession with the Reading/M4 corridor a miss its complete ******.

Im just reporting what I see, what I hear  and what I know.

The M4 corridor is coring out of jobs. Its too expensive. Its too congested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AvoidDebt said:

Tower Hamlets, Watford and Barking and Dagenham make the list too. All shitholes par excellence.  I suspect you are right. BTL idiots jazzing off on HMO floorplans most likely. 

 

Pretty much every shithole in London and the South East has rocketed. About ten times the average local salary for a 1 bed flat in these sort of shitholes is now the new  normal. 

Of course, the lunatics won't be happy until that's twenty, thirty, even fifty, times the average local salary for a 1 bed flat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, allornothing said:

It may not be very appealing place to live now, but presumingly in a decade or two it will be  a london suburb of sorts? Not really that hard to imagine more HPI in Luton if London population growth continues at the same rate

Have you spent time in Luton?  As far as many are concerned its credit that fuels HPI, not population itself.  Though you could be right if NIRP comes along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blackhole said:

Have you spent time in Luton?  As far as many are concerned its credit that fuels HPI, not population itself.  Though you could be right if NIRP comes along.

Lived here most of my 35 years literally nothing has happened to the town to suddenly make it more attractive , this is driven by unaffordablility closer to London. Look at the rest of list even nearby Dunstable which is 2-3 miles from a tran station is on there ffs 

Three train stations in Luton have seen passenger going through raise from 8.2 mil to 8.7 mil in a year ..its London workers moving out driving this , and in response there are thousands of apartments being planned or currently being built in town center all limited or no parking facilities 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nabby81 said:

Lived here most of my 35 years literally nothing has happened to the town to suddenly make it more attractive , this is driven by unaffordablility closer to London. Look at the rest of list even nearby Dunstable which is 2-3 miles from a tran station is on there ffs 

Three train stations in Luton have seen passenger going through raise from 8.2 mil to 8.7 mil in a year ..its London workers moving out driving this , and in response there are thousands of apartments being planned or currently being built in town center all limited or no parking facilities 

Is Luton commutable? Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Is Luton commutable? Really?

I have never ever met anyone who commuted to London from Luton. Where is it anyway? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

I have never ever met anyone who commuted to London from Luton. Where is it anyway? 

More a question of whether you can commute to the station.

No point being '40 minutes from London' if it takes you 30 minute to travel in and park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Property developers build where they think they can sell at the best profit. The Luton railway stats simply show lots of people commute from there. That doesn't mean they have unlimited money to buy overpriced new build property. We're starting to see massive oversupply come to market just as we are in SW8. So allornothing... HPI in Luton is temporary...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ah-so said:

I have never ever met anyone who commuted to London from Luton. Where is it anyway? 

People only choose to move to Luton if they can leave it on a daily basis.

It's somewhere inbetween Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nabby81 said:

Lived here most of my 35 years literally nothing has happened to the town to suddenly make it more attractive , this is driven by unaffordablility closer to London. Look at the rest of list even nearby Dunstable which is 2-3 miles from a tran station is on there ffs 

Three train stations in Luton have seen passenger going through raise from 8.2 mil to 8.7 mil in a year ..its London workers moving out driving this , and in response there are thousands of apartments being planned or currently being built in town center all limited or no parking facilities 

I actually lived there for just over a year for work related reasons.  Although the neighbours were friendly enough, it is a genuinely tough place to integrate into, and as you've stated has become a commuter hotspot simply due to its train lines and once upon a time reasonable rents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   56 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.