House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wsn03

Which sites show the reductions besides Zoopla.?..

I nearly fell off my chair when i was looking at houses for sale on the Isle of Man.. up to 50% reductions on some places...this must be a "cooling off" with the "froth" coming out leading to a slower "growth ".

Who else besides Zoopla shows the price reductions? Really good way of seeing the change in sentiment and hpc

Edited by wsn03
Typo

Thanksfor that...I'll try them both! Im looking in Warwick for my Mother in-law..same old crap not shifting since May, tired 1970s decor, very over priced...small family homes that no modern family could afford 

Edited by wsn03

8 hours ago, wsn03 said:

I nearly fell off my chair when i was looking at houses for sale on the Isle of Man.. up to 50% reductions on some places...this must be a "cooling off" with the "froth" coming out leading to a slower "growth ".

Who else besides Zoopla shows the price reductions? Really good way of seeing the change in sentiment and hpc

Isle of Man is a strange place.There are houses for sale there that have been on the market for ten years at the same kite flying levels.

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Isle of Man is a strange place.There are houses for sale there that have been on the market for ten years at the same kite flying levels.

Im Manx...by citizenship anyway. The Island is actually screwed, the money runs out soon, and there is no plan B. Lots of people leaving  (professionals from the "mainland") because the gravy train, aka the government, is no longer able to keep creating unnecessary jobs...too many final salary pensions to cover....plus the small detail of losing half their income in the VAT agreement with the UK (and what a neat trick that was).

Lots of very over- inflated property that no one can afford, sitting for sale for years. Lots of it looks like old folks no longer living in them...peoples parents i guess?

Was browsing last night - i wouldn't mind returning eventually.  Couldn't believe it, near 50% price reductions on Zoopla!

Edited by wsn03

21 hours ago, wsn03 said:

Im Manx...by citizenship anyway. The Island is actually screwed, the money runs out soon, and there is no plan B. Lots of people leaving  (professionals from the "mainland") because the gravy train, aka the government, is no longer able to keep creating unnecessary jobs...too many final salary pensions to cover....plus the small detail of losing half their income in the VAT agreement with the UK (and what a neat trick that was).

Lots of very over- inflated property that no one can afford, sitting for sale for years. Lots of it looks like old folks no longer living in them...peoples parents i guess?

Was browsing last night - i wouldn't mind returning eventually.  Couldn't believe it, near 50% price reductions on Zoopla!

But did that put them in the affordable range ?

21 minutes ago, long time lurking said:

But did that put them in the affordable range ?

No it keeps them in the still taking the p1ss range, well for locals and the salaries they are on.  But still...this is the land of milk and honey, where prices may "slow" they said...this is a bit more catastrophic for the optimistic home owners than slowing growth...and note still they dont sell...clang!

1 minute ago, wsn03 said:

No it keeps them in the still taking the p1ss range, well for locals and the salaries they are on.  But still...this is the land of milk and honey, where prices may "slow" they said...this is a bit more catastrophic for the optimistic home owners than slowing growth...and note still they dont sell...clang!

Still go to see though 

40 minutes ago, long time lurking said:

Still go to see though 

Its very good to see. Here is the link showing most reduced http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/isle-of-man-county/?results_sort=most_reduced

The first one is actually not bad value compared to the area I live in in the UK - you'd have no chance...as things go its not too bad, perhaps 200k over valued, its some place in a really good area.

The flat further down for 45k would have been unheard of any time since the late 90s. It's really going to be all about who has money, and what can they afford, pretty much how all supply and demand is / should be. The answer there will be "not many, and not a lot".

1 hour ago, wsn03 said:

Its very good to see. Here is the link showing most reduced http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/isle-of-man-county/?results_sort=most_reduced

The first one is actually not bad value compared to the area I live in in the UK - you'd have no chance...as things go its not too bad, perhaps 200k over valued, its some place in a really good area.

The flat further down for 45k would have been unheard of any time since the late 90s. It's really going to be all about who has money, and what can they afford, pretty much how all supply and demand is / should be. The answer there will be "not many, and not a lot".

There`s  something going on there for sure ,some of those places are are on par price wise (even below )  with my part of the world S/E wales not the most affluent part of the Uk by any means 

13 hours ago, long time lurking said:

There`s  something going on there for sure ,some of those places are are on par price wise (even below )  with my part of the world S/E wales not the most affluent part of the Uk by any means 

Interesting comparison.  Im telling you this was THE land of milk and honey, i started to really question why my predictions were so wrong, and worse why i ever left. This place is just a microcosm of the UK, and as they say the taller they are the harder they fall.

Same old sh1t..everyone in debt, obsessed with house prices, all of them "expert" investors...

13 hours ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

There was a site called housecrash.co.uk. Now it redirects to daftdrop.com and defaults to Ireland but the UK info is also there.

Thank you, i will look into this one

Talking of SE Wales I looked today for all the properties for sale on RM in the past 7 days in Cardiff and there was 50% reductions! (81/164 allowing for double entries).  I have never seen this many before and wondered if it was Ros putting her property empire up for sale and it not selling:D

3 hours ago, janch said:

Talking of SE Wales I looked today for all the properties for sale on RM in the past 7 days in Cardiff and there was 50% reductions! (81/164 allowing for double entries).  I have never seen this many before and wondered if it was Ros putting her property empire up for sale and it not selling:D

This is worthy of a thread i think...seems parts of the UK are clearly going into reverse.

On 29/12/2016 at 11:08 PM, wsn03 said:

Last time I was over I was speaking to an EA who told me he had two types of customer.Those who'd been on the market for years and were destined to spend a few more on it and those who wanted a deal.

As an example of how the islands economy has gone,there used to a load of stock brokers there.Last time I tried to find a local all the old names had gone.

Same with brokers in the UK,computers have taken over.

There's still a lot of wealthy people there but the amount of financial services jobs resulting from them has definitely gone down.

Seems there's lots of austerity there with the govt cutting back on spending.

Great place to live though.Best thing they could do is break with the UK imo.

On 29/12/2016 at 11:08 PM, wsn03 said:

Can you put some links up please?

22 hours ago, wsn03 said:

5 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Can you put some links up please?

On 30/12/2016 at 10:20 PM, wsn03 said:

Thanks for that,sorry I palmed over it.

Didn't realise you sort Zoopla by most reduced.

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Last time I was over I was speaking to an EA who told me he had two types of customer.Those who'd been on the market for years and were destined to spend a few more on it and those who wanted a deal.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/34558776?search_identifier=40b1dc664e99a80ed9fca3e28c4bc7ff

This is a prime example of the former.Started at £2.5 million in 2015,by 2020 they might be down around the £500,000 mark where they might find a buyer if the market hasn't tanked.