House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Ethel + Ernest

First bbc prog ive watched.

I think in their eagerness to get a 'hit' theyve put it on too early.

Theres going to be some awkward questions about why Ernest us being askd to diddle someone elses wife. Esp gy kids expecting Snowman2

And hes just not done a not nice opinion on the NHS. Oh dear.

You cn just see them - Wheres the fcking snowman? We cant show this every xmas. 

A little bit slow, but painfully honest. Similar generation to my parents. Funny how there seems to be such a big gulf between that generation compared to our own with the next. Or maybe  I'm deluding myself.

I thought it was good. Lovely story, engaging, and a window on people's lives pre-World War One and up to the 1970s. Very sweet and quite moving at the end. Note that Ethel and Ernest die within months of each other as if one life force wasn't enough - they needed each other! (Similar thing happened to my grandparents.)

I really enjoyede it.

I jus thoughtthat the bbc might have thought they were getting ghe next snowman, fcktards that the beeb are.

2 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

I thought it was good. Lovely story, engaging, and a window on people's lives pre-World War One and up to the 1970s. Very sweet and quite moving at the end. Note that Ethel and Ernest die within months of each other as if one life force wasn't enough - they needed each other! (Similar thing happened to my grandparents.)

+1

its the only thing I've watched on the Beeb this Christmas. 

In the past I have in bedded the whole film here but now not available on ut ....a very moving and poignant film imo, very rarely do I watch films let alone one that leaves long-term impact.....;)