House Price Crash Forum

Could Carrie Fisher star in future Star Wars films?

reddog

HOLA441
12 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I'm guessing that a decent percentage of this "cosplay" - had to Google that - involves Sigourney Weaver..?

And maybe Seven-Of-Nine from "Star Trek: Voyager"...?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

It is not just men.

Women are just as susceptible to this sort of thing just in slightly different guises

I sometime wonder about the acres of analysis some of the blokes on this site devote to female psychology and how to attract women when in fact they could achieve their goal simply by dressing up in Regency togs and pretending to be  Mr Darcy.  If it works for Colin Firth then it can do the same for anyone.

HOLA442
17 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Even Mary Poppins eventually got her tits out for the boys due to popular demand.

Yes - that was that S.O.B. thing if I remember it right...?

And I also recall them being a decent pair...!

XYY

HOLA443
20 minutes ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

It is not just men.

Women are just as susceptible to this sort of thing just in slightly different guises

I sometime wonder about the acres of analysis some of the blokes on this site devote to female psychology and how to attract women when in fact they could achieve their goal simply by dressing up in Regency togs and pretending to be  Mr Darcy.  If it works for Colin Firth then it can do the same for anyone.

Right.

Well that's me donning me Jeremy Corbyn outfit and popping off down the local Labour Club then...!

;)

XYY

HOLA444

Can't help noticing that space and science fantasy dramas do provide a way for mainstream cinema to smuggle quite a lot of what can only be described as 'fetish' gear onto the screen in a way that would be unimaginable in more conventional films. Of course, Jane Fonda pretty much got through the whole range in Barbarella with the various costumes being recycled  in other films ever since.

Hard to believe I met her briefly a few years ago at a talk and book signing in Guildford where we chatted about her hip replacement operation of all things.

Archived