House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

reddog

Could Carrie Fisher star in future Star Wars films?

As Peter Cushing managed to appear in the new Star Wars even though he is dead, do you think they will allow a digitised Carrie Fisher star in the next Star Wars?

It's an interesting question because it would make a noticeable shifting of power from Hollywood actors to digitised film making.

Personally I am a bit sick of sanctimonious actors who already have a ton of money telling everyone else what to do, so I hope it happens.

Was just thinking that there have been a lot of clips of her and George Michael banging on about how fame made them a drug addict / alcoholic.  Maybe it would be better to let a computer do the acting!!

For quite a while now Hollywood actors have been leaving their likeness in their wills so that their heirs can profit from them for, in theory, a long, long time to come.

So what is most likely to happen is that famous actors will be commanding more money in the decades despite the fact that they are dead... and their kids and grand-kids, who often have never worked, will be making fortunes. I can see the likes of Disney ppaying big bucks to buy the rights of certain actors in the decades to come.

So those sanctimonious actors with a ton of money will probably be replaced by sanctimonious descendents.

1 minute ago, reddog said:

Was just thinking that there have been a lot of clips of her and George Michael banging on about how fame made them a drug addict / alcoholic.  Maybe it would be better to let a computer do the acting!!

I suggest you watch 'Postcards from the Edge' - autobiographical film written by and starring Carrie Fisher. Aside from being a great film it can't have been all plain sailing growing up as the daughter of entirely dysfunctional parents who happened to be very famous.

5 minutes ago, frozen_out said:

I suggest you watch 'Postcards from the Edge' - autobiographical film written by and starring Carrie Fisher. Aside from being a great film it can't have been all plain sailing growing up as the daughter of entirely dysfunctional parents who happened to be very famous.

I look forward to Elton Johns kids biography....

3 minutes ago, frozen_out said:

Well in that case my idea would help.  Less famous people, would mean less suffering.

Just put this post up really as it shows one of the wierd and wonderful opportunities / threats that modern technology offers that we never thought of.

8 minutes ago, reddog said:

Just put this post up really as it shows one of the wierd and wonderful opportunities / threats that modern technology offers that we never thought of.

Wait till they invent functioning sex robots. How much will ladies pay to be fecked by a robot with the face of Brad Pitt? Or blokes pay to feck some famous actress's face on a robot? (That came out wrong.) (And that did as well.).

3 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Wait till they invent functioning sex robots. How much will ladies pay to be fecked by a robot with the face of Brad Pitt? Or blokes pay to feck some famous actress's face on a robot? (That came out wrong.) (And that did as well.).

Katie Price?

Mind you, the robots wont be so riddled.

I remember when I first saw Star Wars and how hot I thought she was. In my youth she had a starring role in my nightly fantasies. She was one of the guests on the Graham Norton show about a year ago and I thought she still looked good even after all her problems.

Apparently her part had already been filmed for episode 8 (out next winter), and the thoughts are that she was scheduled to be terminated in episode 9.

28 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

As soon as the sex robots come out the stars will ban their visage being used in this way.  It'll become a back-street thing, 'got any <cough> brad pit?'.  You can, I think, do this sort of thing if the person is dead (depending on jurisdiction), so I imagine there'll be a whole pile of sex robots based on dead celebrities.  I'd imagine that they'd change the law at some point, as it does seem a bit gruesome.

The whole ethical side of sex robots is vast.  

Let's all have a w8nk for Carrie! And yes I thought her a handsom gal!

34 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I remember when I first saw Star Wars and how hot I thought she was. In my youth she had a starring role in my nightly fantasies. She was one of the guests on the Graham Norton show about a year ago and I thought she still looked good even after all her problems.

Really? I looked back at some of her SW1 clips after her death and could see her older self already in that 19 yo face, particularly around the eyes. No Debbie Reynolds.

1 minute ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Really? I looked back at some of her SW1 clips after her death and could see her older self already in her 19 yo face, particularly around the eyes. No Debbie Reynolds.

Perhaps I was just easily pleased when I was 20! Those curly hair things really did it for me.

6 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Perhaps I was just easily pleased when I was 20! Those curly hair things really did it for me.

Grannie's headphones?;)

1 hour ago, reddog said:

As Peter Cushing managed to appear in the new Star Wars even though he is dead, do you think they will allow a digitised Carrie Fisher star in the next Star Wars?

It's an interesting question because it would make a noticeable shifting of power from Hollywood actors to digitised film making.

Personally I am a bit sick of sanctimonious actors who already have a ton of money telling everyone else what to do, so I hope it happens.

oh it's really quite easy.

princess leia has become such a vip in the rebellion that she has had to have clones made up because of the threat of assassination from infiltrators/bounty hunters,and the ones you have been seeing in the last few episodes are actually "stunt doubles"....sort of" the empire strikes back" meets "the island"

.......easy plot to make as they can already regenerate limbs in the case of luke,and cryogenically freeze in the case of han solo.

worth considering if they run out of ideas!.....

28 minutes ago, dgul said:

Apparently her part had already been filmed for episode 8 (out next winter), and the thoughts are that she was scheduled to be terminated in episode 9.

As soon as the sex robots come out the stars will ban their visage being used in this way.  It'll become a back-street thing, 'got any <cough> brad pit?'.  You can, I think, do this sort of thing if the person is dead (depending on jurisdiction), so I imagine there'll be a whole pile of sex robots based on dead celebrities.  I'd imagine that they'd change the law at some point, as it does seem a bit gruesome.

The whole ethical side of sex robots is vast.  

still think a 3-way with the chuckle brothers will remain a bit too out-there for mainstream though:lol:

I'd be amazed if Disney haven't written the rights to use digital likenesses of the geriatric original Star Wars cast into their contracts for the current run of films. The odds of one of them being unable to complete the film series were high enough that it had to have come up in Disney's planning.

22 minutes ago, oracle said:

still think a 3-way with the chuckle brothers will remain a bit too out-there for mainstream though:lol:

That would be one of the rare instances where the real thing would be cheaper and easier to arrange than the sex-robots.

1.  Start Episode 9 with Luke having one of those "I sense a great disturbance in the Force" moments, where some catastrophe has happened (planetary or starship destruction), and Leia was one of the victims. The story then adopts a revenge theme. She can be see in hologram form like we've seen other characters before (so CGI doesn't need to be perfect).

2.  Leia has been captured, and the focus of the film involves a rescue mission, and  we don't see her until the appearance of a CGI Leia at the end (or and maybe there's some suitable footage of her they can move over from Episode 8). Or maybe we they don't rescue her at all, ending on a downbeat note.

Either way, Leia's presence is felt throughout the film as a plot device, and could also be visually represented with Luke thinking about her through flashbacks/memories via unseen "new" Episode 8 footage.

On 12/28/2016 at 6:01 PM, MrPin said:

Let's all have a w8nk for Carrie! And yes I thought her a handsom gal!

One suspects Carrie Fisher found being the masturbatory dream girl of adolescent males of all ages a bit tiresome as the years passed. Maybe she should have learned a lesson from Jacqueline Pearce who played Servalan in Blake's 7 in the 1970s. The latter apparently found the idea that she played a similar role in teenage boys self pleasuring fantasies hugely flattering.

5 minutes ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

One suspects Carrie Fisher found being the masturbatory dream girl of adolescent males of all ages a bit tiresome as the years passed. Maybe she should have learned a lesson from Jacueline Pearce who played Servalan in Blake's 7 in the 1970s who apparently found the idea that she played a similar role in teenage boys fantasies hugely flattering.

Servalan was hot - but it was Jenna that always did it for me...

f45e05b4613f2bbd70ef5b49e5dcad48.jpg

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Servalan was hot - but it was Jenna that always did it for me...

f45e05b4613f2bbd70ef5b49e5dcad48.jpg

XYY

Space chicks and cosplay .

There is a whole world of sexual fantasy just in those topics

Suffice to say that Carrie Fisher was not the first actress to find herself caught in that category.

4 minutes ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

Space chicks and cosplay .

There is a whole world of sexual fantasy just in those topics

I'm guessing that a decent percentage of this "cosplay" - had to Google that - involves Sigourney Weaver..?

And maybe Seven-Of-Nine from "Star Trek: Voyager"...?

XYY