House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Justice

Benefit Reforms

Just to convince you all to buy houses at inflated prices government cooked to book on the unemployment figures by putting 2.7m on incapacity benefit whilst telling everyone that unemployment was a mere 1m

Now the scam is over it’s time to cut expenditure and move the walking dead back on to the dole.

Brown needs these so called education reforms so what this really means is cuts in spending on education but Blair will spin it as if it’s to improve education.

Doctors getting government bonus not to sign sick notes and prescribed medicines being removed !

Record government borrowing

This all points to the boom being truly over and tax receipts going down so expect more stealth taxes any day now as brown gets it’s wrong again.

Joke

How do you know when an MP is lieing

His lips are moving :lol:

The government know that tough times are ahead & such unemployment in the UK will rise dramatically over the next two years.

As such they'l be looking at taking on another 500,000 public sector workers to fix the problem :lol:

Question are public sector workers classed as disabled anyway ?

Edited by Live_in_hope

Until they can charge VAT on debt repayments the 1% tax on house purchase is not going to help.

Reduced customer spending means less tax revenue.

Lowering wages and employment mean less tax revenue.

Increased public sector jobs means tax on income, but as tax revenue pays this anyway its all a mute point.

and hell I havent smoked in two months.. thats about £30 less revenue they get from me a week.

£1560 a year..

So its all down to me I am afraid..

I think I need to do my bit

http://www.madmaxcars.com

Until they can charge VAT on debt repayments the 1% tax on house purchase is not going to help.

Reduced customer spending means less tax revenue.

Lowering wages and employment mean less tax revenue.

Increased public sector jobs means tax on income, but as tax revenue pays this anyway its all a mute point.

and hell I havent smoked in two months.. thats about £30 less revenue they get from me a week.

£1560 a year..

So its all down to me I am afraid..

I think I need to do my bit

http://www.madmaxcars.com

Yeah... me too :P I quit smoking cause of the tax implications, not cause I don't like it :P

Trying to cut down on non-compulsory tax at the moment... maybe TV license could be next :lol::lol::lol:

I'm already buying all my vodka in Poland while on business...... No UK VAT or duty :D:D:D

Guest Bart of Darkness
Trying to cut down on non-compulsory tax at the moment... maybe TV license could be next

If you only use your TV to watch videos, DVDs or play console games, you don't need a licence (make sure all the channels are de-tuned and the ariel disconnected though).

Radio doesn't require a licence.

You'll still get pestered by licence inspectors though, the idea than someone can live without a TV is one they just can't take in.

If you only use your TV to watch videos, DVDs or play console games, you don't need a licence (make sure all the channels are de-tuned and the ariel disconnected though).

Radio doesn't require a licence.

You'll still get pestered by licence inspectors though, the idea than someone can live without a TV is one they just can't take in.

why does one need to be "licensed" to watch a telly anyway? Makes it sound like you have to be vetted and approved in case you watch illegal subversive anti-consumerist channels.

cf "People like you shouldn't be allowed to watch TV, you disgust me!"

sorry, too much sugar today :blink:

Just how else would you get all that propaganda, er sorry, "News" then?

You don't think they'll move to making all benefits repayable if your income goes up?

So you're unemployed and get benefit which you pay back when you get a job?

Please, let's not be sexist here.

His or HER lips are moving.

:)

Which lips of hers are moving?? I knew it was hard times, but i didnt think female MP's had to go work in Brothels or is that why they were legalised?

You don't think they'll move to making all benefits repayable if your income goes up?

Most people would then never bother to get a job would they - especially

if they were on benefit for years?

You should work for Government!

I have a memory of just such a system being advocated but can't remember by whom.

It might have been a thinktank.

Called something like a "Social Account". I think the idea was it rolled everything like NI, pension into one account that you paid into in good times and drew from in bad.

Probably the idea being to make the individual more responsible for their own destiny.

You should work for Government!

I have a memory of just such a system being advocated but can't remember by whom.

It might have been a thinktank.

Called something like a "Social Account". I think the idea was it rolled everything like NI, pension into one account that you paid into in good times and drew from in bad.

Probably the idea being to make the individual more responsible for their own destiny.

LOL as someone above just said it'd stop people getting a job - but make benefits time limited so a clock is ticking so you only get so much until you've paid that back maybe.

Working tax credit works just like this though - not earn much get this "benefit" earn more than that and have to pay back the "benefit"

I think people should be more responsible...

About 3 weeks ago 2 people I know started looking for jobs, one is enjoyiong her first week of work this week so its not impossible (Ok the other person is still applying for jobs)

Guest Bart of Darkness

Just how else would you get all that propaganda, er sorry, "News" then?

There's always t'internet I guess, so Tony and Gordon can still sleep soundly tonight.

I went through a few years in the mid-90s with no TV (unemployed part-time photography student at the time, so I decided not to replace it and spent the money on materials instead). I did a lot more reading back then, catching up with a lot of the books I'd always intended to read. Went out for long walks, lost a fair bit of weight. After a short while I didn't miss TV at all.

Once I was back in work I bought a new TV but my viewing habits had changed. No more couch potato viewing, no more leaving the TV on all night and definitely, definitely no more soaps.

I had to be forced into a TV free lifestyle by lack of money but I think it did me a lot of good.