House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

New RM listings post Xmas

6am alert from Rightmove... 4 new listings ... In a search comprising 80 properties that's a 5% increase in supply in one hit. They do say boxing day is very popular RM browsing day... I hope to see lots more listings during the next few days.

4 minutes ago, Kiwi_Muncher said:

6am alert from Rightmove... 4 new listings ... In a search comprising 80 properties that's a 5% increase in supply in one hit. They do say boxing day is very popular RM browsing day... I hope to see lots more listings during the next few days.

'Thats the last Xmas im spending with you, you b1tch/ctnu. Put the house on the market for the new Year ...'

Despiue claims, the UK has not seen much in the way of wage increases over the 10-15 years.

Combine that with high house prices, long overdue benefit cuts and theres not alot of cash about.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

'Thats the last Xmas im spending with you, you b1tch/ctnu. Put the house on the market for the new Year ...'

Despiue claims, the UK has not seen much in the way of wage increases over the 10-15 years.

Combine that with high house prices, long overdue benefit cuts and theres not alot of cash about.

could be accurate.

january is the most likely month for relationship break-ups,

2 minutes ago, EnglishinWales said:

Benefit cuts are not overdue. They should not be happening at all. Punishing people for not being able to find non existant jobs is as stupid as it is heartless.

Otoh, paying people more to sit around than those who are working full-time is utter madness.  It awards feckless behaviour and engenders a feeling of entitlement. Meanwhile those stupid enough to work begin to wonder what they are working for and so very well may consider ways of gaming the system themselves. 

The other issue is that this money has to come from somewhere and would better be spend elsewhere.  9k per year debt for young people to get an education. Social services beyond breaking point.  I know where I would rather my hard earned tax money get spent.  

32 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Otoh, paying people more to sit around than those who are working full-time is utter madness.  It awards feckless behaviour and engenders a feeling of entitlement. Meanwhile those stupid enough to work begin to wonder what they are working for and so very well may consider ways of gaming the system themselves. 

The other issue is that this money has to come from somewhere and would better be spend elsewhere.  9k per year debt for young people to get an education. Social services beyond breaking point.  I know where I would rather my hard earned tax money get spent.  

I PAY MY TAX!

I'M ENTITLED!

Of the 21 results for "added in last 14 days" to one of my regular searches 6 were reductions :-)

Reduced today  3

added today      1

Reduced           3

added               14

All leasehold flats (1 to 3 br), 9 added in the last 3 days (£50k to £140k). 5 of them are genuine new listings with kite flying asking prices. The other 4 have £5k-£10k shaved off.

Do employees of Haart work on Xmas day? The 3 bedroomed flat they're marketing was listed on RM yesterday.

2 hours ago, Lovely Rum said:

I PAY MY TAX!

I'M ENTITLED!

The point is that those in receipt of benefits are not net contributors to the system and are taking out far more than they will ever pay in.  

33 minutes ago, One-percent said:

The point is that those in receipt of benefits are not net contributors to the system and are taking out far more than they will ever pay in.  

Stop being so sanctimonious. Everybody consumes more than they contribute. The wealth of the country comes from the City, all other jobs are just riding that wave. Job seekers' allowance and disability allowance is something like 2% of the welfare bill. People on benefits still pay VAT ergo we're all tax payers. Most claimants will have worked before they claimed. Compare that to the 20% that goes on pensions. It is not more money than work, it's a pittance. There's millions below the poverty line, hundreds of thousands homeless.

Our manufacturing is gone, the golden age of full employment is over. There's only so many self-employed people a local economy can support. Sky-high housing costs means something has to fill the gap. The government is in denial thinking if it pulls the rug from under peoples' feet then it'll suddenly turn the economy back 40 years. You need to wake up.

Edited by EnglishinWales

2 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

Stop being so sanctimonious. Everybody consumes more than they contribute. The wealth of the country comes from the City, all other jobs are just riding that wave. Job seekers' allowance and disability allowance is something like 2% of the welfare bill. People on benefits still pay VAT ergo we're all tax payers. Most claimants will have worked before they claimed. Compare that to the 20% that goes on pensions. It is not more money than work, it's a pittance. There's millions below the poverty line, hundreds of thousands homeless.

Our manufacturing is gone, the golden age of full employment is over. There's only so many self-employed people a local economy can support. Sky-high housing costs means something has to fill the gap. The government is in denial thinking if it pulls the rug from under peoples' feet then it'll suddenly turn the economy back 40 years. You need to wake up.

"everyone consumes more than they contribute"....really? I think unlikely. I think very clear that a sizable minority contribute more than they consume...

4 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

Ahem... I have worked since the age of 16 part time, worked full time from 21, paid off all student loans and have 100% attendance rate at work. On the verge of moving abroad dependent on if 2017 is year of HPC or not.

There are quite a few folk who have paid in a hell of a lot into the system.

In my fairly dormant search areas:

2 reduced

3 new listings (only 2 of which are genuine the other is just a relist at the same stupid price it was for the last 2 years but possibly with a different agent again)

One is interesting as its just up the road from me, its now within £10k of its 2004 price of 142k. Originally listed in June at 190k!

Edited by Northern Welsh Midlander

5 hours ago, One-percent said:

Where did you get that from? About £26 billion quid of welfare spending goes on housing benefit, a significant proportion of which goes into the pockets of greedy buy to let landlords. Regards 'net contributors', the situation is complicated but it seems likely that a reasonable proportion of housing benefit claimants are in work for example.

Edited by spacedin

Under the general category of "people who bilk off the work of others without contributing" surely people on benefits are a drop in the ocean. Bankers, politicians, land speculators to name a few. Might as well lean over the water and complain about a guppy eating your dropped crumbs without noticing the shark just behind you.

5 hours ago, Wayward said:

"everyone consumes more than they contribute"....really? I think unlikely. I think very clear that a sizable minority contribute more than they consume...

budget deficit?

4 hours ago, mathschoc said:

Ahem... I have worked since the age of 16 part time, worked full time from 21, paid off all student loans and have 100% attendance rate at work. On the verge of moving abroad dependent on if 2017 is year of HPC or not.

you're probably in the top 1% of the worlds wealth list so quit moaning about how hard done by you are

4 minutes ago, Kiwi_Muncher said:

Can we leave talk of benefits and tax to another thread..... not really on topic is it!?

Why does it come up on every thread then? You can't talk about housing without mention of housing benefit. 

6 hours ago, mathschoc said:

Congratulations on your turn of luck. When it runs out and you get sick, suffer a family crisis or have an incacipating accident and end up unemployed and on long term sick pay, people will know not to call you a scrounger given that you have 'paid in a hell of a lot'.

Edited by EnglishinWales