House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Dyson hair dryer

I'm surprised it doesn't connect to the internet, and knows when your hair is wet so it turns on automatically when it picks up. It should also have GPS proximity detection so it can go to standby when you approach the house.

Also it could have a Bitcoin miner on it, so imagine 100 million bitcoin miners that split the coins 75/25 to Mr Dyson and to your account. Free coins to both parties, but you supply the electricity.

It goes on overdrive when obviously you use it, but serendipitously mines on standby mode.

Wow can you imagine if all devices are upgraded to micro mine Bitcoins. All planetary devices combine firepower - toasters, hoovers, TV's, mobile phones, printers, microwaves, Sky boxes, etc. If there is 4bn people who might be able to have at least 1 mine-able device in their home, all 21m bitcoins will be mined in no time.

The next generation of hair dryer could have a head lice detector on it, and sharks with laser beams to eradicate them and dandruff.

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

So it can communicate with your echo. 

It's actually a kind of echo.

But instead of quietly surveilling you, it takes the more direct approach. For instance, as you hold it up to your head, it might straight out ask you: "Been anywhere nice lately?"

Or perhaps: "Going away anywhere this summer?"

All of course in the regional accent of a local hair stylist, just to lull you into a false sense of security.  Before you know it you've blurted out, "yes, a small but exclusive and very private terrorist training camp in the khyber pass."

The spooks are well interested in this one.

1 hour ago, 200p said:

I'm surprised it doesn't connect to the internet, and knows when your hair is wet so it turns on automatically when it picks up. It should also have GPS proximity detection so it can go to standby when you approach the houshous

This is old tech, in the future all hair driers will be self-driving. Apple are on the verge of releasing their new model, it's going to be called to iblow.

I got it!

A drone hair drier - that self-flies, and livestreams to twitch, and then takes a selfie of you at the end AND posts this automatically to facebook, instagram, tinder, grindr, twitter, and snapchat.

Annnnnd it create memes like this

Image1.jpg

The future is SO BRIGHT.

1 hour ago, reddog said:

Peak Dyson?  To be fair, I thought we hit peak with that fan!!

The heater/fan's actually quite good. The air flow is much more pleasant over extended periods than a standard bladed device, especially if you are sitting in one spot working. Stupid price though.

Speaking as one of the few on here who would at least have reason to consider spending a few quid on hair-drier - i.e. a full head of hair - I can assure you all that I won't be buying one.

My towel still works as good as ever...

XYY

Dyson tat is over expensive arty plastic techno-shit, aimed at men! I have spoken!:huh:

I saw this a few months back and was horrified at the price. I decided to find some reviews and the ones that raved about it the most had been given the item in exchange for an honest review. 

I think I'd be very positive about it if I was given one for free. 

3 hours ago, MrPin said:

Dyson tat is over expensive arty plastic techno-shit, aimed at men! I have spoken!:huh:

While the technological inter connectedness of 'things' is significant it has to be said that a lot of the 'advances' being touted by companies do appear to be expensive versions of the crap that has been flogged for decades by those throwaway catalogues that often got included in the Sunday Papers or shoved through people's letter boxes. It looks remarkably like just another solution in search of a non existent problem.

3 hours ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

While the technological inter connectedness of 'things' is significant it has to be said that a lot of the 'advances' being touted by companies do appear to be expensive versions of the crap that has been flogged for decades by those throwaway catalogues that often got included in the Sunday Papers or shoved through people's letter boxes. It looks remarkably like just another solution in search of a non existent problem.

In, fairness, the improvement is the brushless DC motor and if it's anything like power drills it is noticeable.

49 minutes ago, SNACR said:

In, fairness, the improvement is the brushless DC motor and if it's anything like power drills it is noticeable.

How have I managed to live without one for so long.

Dryers are not particularly good for your hair anyway (not that I have much to worry about).