House Price Crash Forum

3 minutes ago, doomed said:

Well the authors of the paper you cite from 2013 obviously haven't give up working on Bitcoin. Here is their latest effort:

https://arxiv.org/abs/1612.07766

I do not see Bitcoin as nefarious, it is more a chance for people to hold and transact value without the parasites that our banks and government have become. 

Good luck with your corporate shit coin.

Besides what will the miners live off once all the coins are found? Oh the transaction fees -great!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parliament will vote down Article 50 being invoked. The blue and red ties will each put a second referendum as a manifesto pledge, to fulfill the will of the people (a will as portrayed by such as the Biased Broadcasting Corporation).

Sterling will go back up, making houses abroad cheaper and give people the opportunity to flee the UK.

19 hours ago, sideysid said:

WW3!! 

Well ok maybe not as far as that. If Clinton had got into power and imposed no fly zones in Syria, I really do think tensions between US and  Russia would have been at the highest level since the cold war. I think Trump on the other hand will calm relations down somewhat.

I was sympathetic to this perspective, but Trump's plan to enlarge the nuclear arsenal is prompting Putin to do the same, which is worrying.

Nuclear weapons are the greatest asset to world peace ever invented. The consequences are too high so countries can't go to war anymore.

The only country I worry about is Israel, which has a shitload of nukes and a tendency to overreact. Plus it knows it can nuke it's Arab neighbours and they can't retaliate as they don't have any.

14 hours ago, Kiwi Toast said:

I was sympathetic to this perspective, but Trump's plan to enlarge the nuclear arsenal is prompting Putin to do the same, which is worrying.

I had a theory NASA detected 'something' on the long range detectors hence the need to ramp up nuke production. 

Edited by Ash4781
4 hours ago, Ash4781 said:

I had a theory NASA detected 'something' on the long range detectors hence the need to ramp up nuke production. 

I had a theory that it was pre-arranged rhetoric that would give Trump and Putin an 'opportunity' to hug and agree to reduce, and so a PR 'coup', unless there's 'something up' in the middle east

I'm often wrong

Edited by LiveinHope
On 24/12/2016 at 9:13 AM, thisisthisitmaybe said:

Nuclear weapons are the greatest asset to world peace ever invented. The consequences are too high so countries can't go to war anymore.

The only country I worry about is Israel, which has a shitload of nukes and a tendency to overreact. Plus it knows it can nuke it's Arab neighbours and they can't retaliate as they don't have any.

there's a fair bit of intelligence says both saudi AND iran have got very limited nuclear capability, and the focal point of these seems to be from pakistan.

they supplied the knowhow, north korea supplied the triggers.

as far as "active" devices are concerned,it's believed that a couple of the old warheads from the former soviet states were aqcuired through the black market.

One also should not underestimate the level of chemical/biological weaponry that places like syria have/had in storage.I have a feeling that some of saddams fabled WMD will actually turn up in syria,but this time the proof will come via a hit on a suspected weapons dump that goes "boom" a bit more than expected and has funny coloured clouds, rather than a wild goose chase with UN weapons inspectors.

it might be the case that isreal/us do the strike on said dump with a bunker buster(conventional),damascus gets blown sky high, and the (fake news)media then accuse them both of using nukes.

On 23/12/2016 at 4:52 PM, buckers said:

I suspect EU issues/implosion might actually make her job a lot easier.

Sadly, I predict we'll all be on a similar thread about predictions for 2018 saying "didn't think TPTB would do that to keep things going....."

This, unfortunately. 

There will be an HPC at some point...not sure about 2017 tho...I have predicted this in previous type threads but the plates keep spinning.

Perhaps the Status Quo will end in 2017 (no Rick Parfit pun intended)....if there was ever a candidate year for this then 2017 has to be it.

I think that the penny is starting to drop re pensions amongst the Boomers.

Every year more individuals move from being contributers to being consumers of the pension pots...there has to be a tipping point some time and I think that 2017 will be the year that the "Demographic tidal wave" into retirement becomes mainstream. We have already been lectured about soaring care costs and told that our council tax bills will have to increase to accommodate them. This is only the beginning.

My predictions last year included a rate rise in Oct 2016, HPI slowing in London, Fergus selling all his houses (again), Cherie Blair getting richer...

However, I did predict some great posts by the veterans on this site and that I would lose weight only to put it back on again.....those were fairly spot on. 

2017 - best stick to what I know. 

Star Wars 8 - will not be dark enough but the kids will love it. 

I will lose weight 

118 will begin to see the impact of S24 but blame the banks, the government, tenants, HPC and start a campaign without really getting to the root cause of the problem...their debt. 

Interest rates....static

FTSE.....static

EU.....begins to wobble, Germany needs to continue to lead and fund (until collapse which is in future years predictions). Greece borrows some money. 

House Price Crash.....like a slowly turning screw, begins. Proportionate to rises seen, so geographically mixed. 

Malta deports expat for inciting violence when buying up local property.