House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alba

Will Merkel be toast?

Following the recent Munich shootings and this current lorry terrorist attack, if it proves such, will Merkel and her party be absolutely wiped out in the 2017 autumn elections?  If so, then Brexit may become a non sequitur as the EU may not exist as a signifcant entity in 2+ years anyway

I'm not so sure: the propaganda machine is relentless and seems intent on seeing through the inclusive vision.  She may just have enough SJW inertia.

BBC Radio this morning: German interviewee asserting that vast majority of refugees are learning German, want to integrate and fit in, etc, etc but are being misrepresented by a minuscule fringe element.  Stunning. 

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's the BBC for you, stop paying £150 a year to fund their lies.

I have.

Already had my first 'reminder'.

The threatening letters will probably start after Christmas at a rate of 2-3 a month.

3 minutes ago, the gardener said:

I have.

Already had my first 'reminder'.

The threatening letters will probably start after Christmas at a rate of 2-3 a month.

About one a month.

From memory the cycle is.

You haven't got a licence.

If you don't get a licence we will have to start an investigation.

We have passed your details to our (your nearest big city) office who are starting an investigation.

An investigation is underway and you may be visited.

Return to start of cycle.

Additionally you will get an annual "we tried to visit you but you were out" card from G4S Meter readers who don't actually knock as they just deliver the cards (I've happened to be in each time), they don't make visits.

And at Christmas they send you a letter saying there will be no visits for two weeks, as it's Christmas.

I have yet to experience an actual visit. I do not know if that's because they're very rare or because anybody coming to my door in daylight can look into the lounge and see that it clearly has no TV.

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

About one a month.

We have passed your details to our (your nearest big city) office who are starting an investigation.

Additionally you will get an annual "we tried to visit you but you were out" card from G4S Meter readers who don't actually knock as they just deliver the cards (I've happened to be in each time), they don't make visits.

And at Christmas they send you a letter saying there will be no visits for two weeks, as it's Christmas.

I have yet to experience an actual visit. I do not know if that's because they're very rare or because anybody coming to my door in daylight can look into the lounge and see that it clearly has no TV.

The mere fact that a goon, acting on behalf of a maker of TV programmes, has any right to examine one's house for the presence of harmless electrical goods should tell any true lover of liberty that this situation is very very wrong.

I didn't renew my licence this year - however I've been told by a mate that a lack of a licence prohibits me from actually owning a TV capable of receiving broadcast TV, even if I'm not using it to receive live broadcasts, is that true?

20 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

About one a month.

I'd wager it's because 1 in 10 households don't pay it according to an independent survey recently. 

Just now, JoeDavola said:

I didn't renew my licence this year - however I've been told by a mate that a lack of a licence prohibits me from actually owning a TV capable of receiving broadcast TV, even if I'm not using it to receive live broadcasts, is that true?

That's ********. 

46 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I'd wager it's because 1 in 10 households don't pay it according to an independent survey recently. 

How it used to be done apparently in the 1970s....................................

A Yes from me too.

If the driver is Pakinstani - you know, just a plain run of the mill, economic migrant scum (already been done for petty crime) rather than some poor bombed out Syrian - then she is fcked .

Germany is not that liberal. Due to the war, any nationaiistic thought has been put on the burner and driven by a bunch of SJW.

Germans are germans. Popel are drawing the link between Islam and a form of religious fascism. Mix that with someone who doe not work,  low skilled, and lied to to get in and Germans will go nuts.

54 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

No, the rules have changed in the last few years. Providing you are not watching live TV (including over the internet) or catch up on BBC iplayer, or recording live broadcasts - you don't need a licence.  Watching ITV etc on catch up? Watching netflix etc? Watching DVDs etc? None of these need a licence. 

4 minutes ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

No, the rules have changed in the last few years. Providing you are not watching live TV (including over the internet) or catch up on BBC iplayer, or recording live broadcasts - you don't need a licence.  Watching ITV etc on catch up? Watching netflix etc? Watching DVDs etc? None of these need a licence. 

Yup all I ever watch is Netflix and YouTube, mainly YouTube actually, so no licence required.

I pray that she is, together with her accomplices.

The spa is reporting that the Polish driver was shot, presumably when his lorry was hi jacked, and that the 23 year old attacker was either a PAkistani or Afghan, who had arrived in Germany as a migrant in February.

If Merkel survives this, then Im afraid my respect and understanding for the German people probably will not survive.

1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

Yup all I ever watch is Netflix and YouTube, mainly YouTube actually, so no licence required.

And you can own a TV, although if you had it in your front room plugged in and joined to the aerial they might question why!

I also think you would get a visit if you bought one as you are forced to give your name and address (hint: remember a different one first if you are going to buy one or a recorder).  I say this as I bought a recorder for somebody as a present but they demanded my name and address, I said it was a present for soembody else but that made no difference.  I refused to buy it there, went home, looked up a fake address, and bought it elsewhere.

I just don't get why we're treated like idiots, right up until now there are still reports coming from German sources that it is a "suspected" attack and "probably" not an accident.

Let us look at some basic facts:

-We know that Xmas markets were a target for terrorists, the US actually gave a warning

-We know of a recent similar tactic in Nice used by terrorists to kill scores of people

-We know the truck was stolen

-We know the original driver had been killed

-We know the driver had ran off

-We know from eye witness accounts that he was ploughing through the market at about 40mph with no attempt to stop

-We now know he is a recent migrant to Germany, likely from Pakistan

Just how much information do you need these days to be able to call something out for what it is? The man will get a trial FFS but can't the rest of the world just adopt some realism in the aftermath of these sort of incidents? It only serves to increase mine and others anger that when people are lying dead, others are desperately trying to skirt around the obvious with what I believe to be an agenda in and of itself.

If 9/11 happened now rather than 15 years ago they'd be claiming that it was just a coincidence that two planes crashed into two buildings right next to each other 15 minutes apart.

28 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

MODs, any chance of merging these two threads with the same title.

Sorry, my fault.  I don't know how This double entry resulted, and I tried unsuccessfully to cancel one.

26 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I just don't get why we're treated like idiots, right up until now there are still reports coming from German sources that it is a "suspected" attack and "probably" not an accident.

Let us look at some basic facts:

-We know that Xmas markets were a target for terrorists, the US actually gave a warning

-We know of a recent similar tactic in Nice used by terrorists to kill scores of people

-We know the truck was stolen

-We know the original driver had been killed

-We know the driver had ran off

-We know from eye witness accounts that he was ploughing through the market at about 40mph with no attempt to stop

-We now know he is a recent migrant to Germany, likely from Pakistan

Just how much information do you need these days to be able to call something out for what it is? The man will get a trial FFS but can't the rest of the world just adopt some realism in the aftermath of these sort of incidents? It only serves to increase mine and others anger that when people are lying dead, others are desperately trying to skirt around the obvious with what I believe to be an agenda in and of itself.

26 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

I believe imprisonment will be an unsatisfactory result in this and other instances to come.  We should do the compassionate thing and help this and other perpetrators to reach paradise and their waiting virgins.