House Price Crash Forum

IMF chief Christine Lagarde found guilty of 'negligence'

jfk

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

To think how high and mighty she was telling how we needed to vote over Brexit.  So we have now reached the point where you get better quality journalism on a weatherspoons beer mat than in the mainstream media:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/31/wetherspoons-prints-200000-brexit-beer-mats/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwiK1PaMwIDRAhWHC8AKHdueDmUQFghVMAc&usg=AFQjCNF6SPifHkvCRcTuLdrP1P0uC5owxw

Edited by reddog

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

The missus knows old Tangerine Head, she was telling her something along the lines of: "I was a senior partner at Baker & McKenzie, not far off early retirement if I wanted when these politicians came and flattered me into accepting a ministerial job, it has been a nightmare, politicians are worse sharks than lawyers!"

The missus wasn't too impressed saying she shouldn't have had her head turned by silver tongued politicians. Lagarde was whinging that she was just "decoration" and nobody actually listened to any of her ideas.

It is unfathomable why she let Tapie walk off with 400 million. I can only suppose that Tapie (a former radical party politician, singer and crook) knows where the bodies are buried. Or perhaps 400 million seems like small change to Lagarde; not worth making a fuss about.

HOLA4411
27 minutes ago, davidg said:

The missus knows old Tangerine Head, she was telling her something along the lines of: "I was a senior partner at Baker & McKenzie, not far off early retirement if I wanted when these politicians came and flattered me into accepting a ministerial job, it has been a nightmare, politicians are worse sharks than lawyers!"

The missus wasn't too impressed saying she shouldn't have had her head turned by silver tongued politicians. Lagarde was whinging that she was just "decoration" and nobody actually listened to any of her ideas.

It is unfathomable why she let Tapie walk off with 400 million. I can only suppose that Tapie (a former radical party politician, singer and crook) knows where the bodies are buried. Or perhaps 400 million seems like small change to Lagarde; not worth making a fuss about.

Maybe she was expecting to get a back hander either in cash or some other benefit.

I doubt she is so rich that 5-10 million wouldn't make a difference to her.

Edited by reddog

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, reddog said:

To think how high and mighty she was telling how we needed to vote over Brexit.  So we have now reached the point where you get better quality journalism on a weatherspoons beer mat than in the mainstream media: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/05/31/wetherspoons-prints-200000-brexit-beer-mats/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwiK1PaMwIDRAhWHC8AKHdueDmUQFghVMAc&usg=AFQjCNF6SPifHkvCRcTuLdrP1P0uC5owxw

:)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Another link

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/christine-lagarde-avoids-sentence-despite-guilty-verdict-in-negligence-trial

Jean-Claude Marin told the court Lagarde’s actions fell into the category of politics and not criminality and called for her to be acquitted.

That's a new one.  

Now you can plead an offence comes under the category of politics - so not guilty.

It more or less gives free rein to politicians to do as they please - but hey most people knew that already.

HOLA4416
19 hours ago, billybong said:

Another link

That's a new one.  

Now you can plead an offence comes under the category of politics - so not guilty.

It more or less gives free rein to politicians to do as they please - but hey most people knew that already.

Absolutely laughable.

Saw some politcal journo on the BBC telling the nation how highly regarded she is by the establishment,which sort of tells you all you need to know about why we are where we are.

HOLA4417
On 19/12/2016 at 4:38 PM, davidg said:

That's generally how these things go.

HOLA4418
On 19/12/2016 at 6:06 PM, reddog said:

Maybe she was expecting to get a back hander either in cash or some other benefit.

I doubt she is so rich that 5-10 million wouldn't make a difference to her.

She would have been able to take early retirement at 52 on 145K euros / year (erm, keep that amongst ourselves ok?). Seems great to you and me but probably chump change for Lagarde.

Apparently silver tongued Dominique de Villepin charmed her by telling her that she was too young and too useful to France to retire and should make a career change to politics. You can imagine Lagarde going all gooey "oh Domi, do you really think so, no one has spoken to me like that recently".

Word on the streets is that Lagarde is a fall guy for this and was instructed to let Tapie have his dosh - no one really understands why, given Tapie is part of the so called left wing of French politics and it was a right wing regime that okayed the money. I guess Lagarde was told she would be protected on this.

The French government is currently suing Tapie for fraud in an effort to recover the money. Good luck with that one.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
5 hours ago, davidg said:

She would have been able to take early retirement at 52 on 145K euros / year (erm, keep that amongst ourselves ok?). Seems great to you and me but probably chump change for Lagarde.

Apparently silver tongued Dominique de Villepin charmed her by telling her that she was too young and too useful to France to retire and should make a career change to politics. You can imagine Lagarde going all gooey "oh Domi, do you really think so, no one has spoken to me like that recently".

Word on the streets is that Lagarde is a fall guy for this and was instructed to let Tapie have his dosh - no one really understands why, given Tapie is part of the so called left wing of French politics and it was a right wing regime that okayed the money. I guess Lagarde was told she would be protected on this.

The French government is currently suing Tapie for fraud in an effort to recover the money. Good luck with that one.

My highlight.

The reason being that there's effectively no real difference?

A sort of LibLabCon moment in French politics?  Effectively all using the same revolving door?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
On 12/20/2016 at 5:35 PM, Sancho Panza said:

Absolutely laughable.

Saw some politcal journo on the BBC telling the nation how highly regarded she is by the establishment,which sort of tells you all you need to know about why we are where we are.

Indeed it is absolutely laughable to say the very least.  Words like corrupt and scandalous also spring to mind..

It's the law of might is right and for their political cohorts as well.  Cohorts across the spectrum of political parties whether left or right (whatever left and right might mean in the modern day political context).  

Tin-pot dictator justice.  

HOLA4424
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA4425