Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Comment of the year

Recommended Posts

Was In London yesterday and I overhead what I am calling "comment of they year".


The conversation went thus:

Hughie: Went to see a house

Looey: Oh, what was it like

Hughie: Totally f**king awful

Looey: What was the asking price

Hughie: £600K.

Looey: Blimey

Hughie:  I WOULDN'T GIVE THEM £100K FOR IT.

 

I almost chipped in, that's probably what it's really worth.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Estate Agent: Just calling you for feedback on the property you saw yesterday

Me: I feel it is overpriced (asking price was £1 million)

EA: OK what would you say it is worth.

Me: about £500k

EA: that's probably about right in all honesty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I over heard some boomers talking...

A.  I am selling my house.

B. Oh, ? what are you putting it on the market for...

A. £500,000...its not worth that....but it will be soon.

!!!??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

Looking forward to a lot of boomers whining oddly enough.

Some of them are now getting it.  They are seeing their children/gran-children with nowhere to go and no future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I don't think they care that much about their children though, they are not an appreciating asset so they are not that interested in them. Lots of boomers estranged from their children and they genuinely can't work out why...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnglishinWales said:

Oh I don't think they care that much about their children though, they are not an appreciating asset so they are not that interested in them. Lots of boomers estranged from their children and they genuinely can't work out why...

no struggle > no motivation to evolve > lower regards for your own genetics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overheard at coffee shop in St. James Park London,

"Well prices have to fall. I think it will be good. My wife doesn't agree but I know they've already come down significantly round here,  so she (Third person) should just take the offer (Sale of a property in Central London)"

I duly commended him, he agreed, we both ripped into BTL and all was right with the world. He was a senior manager in finance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloke I meet regularly in the gym and we chat about anything whatever. He is nice chap although opinionated and knows it all no matter what the subject. Last year sometime he said he was buying his first BTL although not in a bragging sort of way and to be fair he hasn't mentioned it since. I never really said anything at the time.

Few days ago the conversation got round to how you could not go wrong with bricks and mortar. I couldn't resist pouncing and predicting massive HPC because of the ongoing doom happening to BTL (I think he's forgotten I know he's got one.) His counter-arguments were unusually for him very weak and I think he was surprised I actually knew about clause 24 and so on although of course his view was the evil tenant tax. The point is though as I say he is a cocky sod and this is the first time ever I have seen him going green about the gills over something instead of what a winner he is. He has obviously already heard he is going down and hearing me say it was just confirmation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Funn3r said:

Bloke I meet regularly in the gym and we chat about anything whatever. He is nice chap although opinionated and knows it all no matter what the subject. Last year sometime he said he was buying his first BTL although not in a bragging sort of way and to be fair he hasn't mentioned it since. I never really said anything at the time.

Few days ago the conversation got round to how you could not go wrong with bricks and mortar. I couldn't resist pouncing and predicting massive HPC because of the ongoing doom happening to BTL (I think he's forgotten I know he's got one.) His counter-arguments were unusually for him very weak and I think he was surprised I actually knew about clause 24 and so on although of course his view was the evil tenant tax. The point is though as I say he is a cocky sod and this is the first time ever I have seen him going green about the gills over something instead of what a winner he is. He has obviously already heard he is going down and hearing me say it was just confirmation.

Good

Cocky knobs with limited numeracy have had their backs far too well covered by govt cash for votes schemes. I'm glad it's correcting, hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2016 at 4:25 PM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Some of them are now getting it.  They are seeing their children/gran-children with nowhere to go and no future.

 

I think my parents quite like that they have a bigger house than I can afford.  Very anti any new developments - near them - but in other places it is fine.  They certainly think that it is just a fact of life that I shouldn't moan about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

I think my parents quite like that they have a bigger house than I can afford.  Very anti any new developments - near them - but in other places it is fine.  They certainly think that it is just a fact of life that I shouldn't moan about.

I doubt they could afford it either if they had to buy it with actual money at the peak earnings of their careers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

You are right, how did you guess?

My parents were both skilled professionals and could not afford to buy their house with the peak of their earnings.

Also if the average wage inflated in line with HPI then the average wage would now be £90,000 per year.

 

Edited by Arpeggio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Next General Election   90 members have voted

    1. 1. When do you predict the next general election will be held?


      • 2019
      • 2020
      • 2021
      • 2022

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.