House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

"They" secretly wanted Trump and Brexit all along....?

If we have a look back at a near decade of mediocre banking performance, "enough is enough". Look at how the investment banks reacted after trump and how the stock market reacted after Brexit.

image.png

jpm.png

I think any scenario these days is just a win-win for the investment banks and the stock markets... economy strengthens they do well through investment and growth, economy weakens they do well through money printing.

''They'' just can't lose whichever way the game pans out.

Looking back at the hyper inflationary collapse and deflationary collapses as real life experiments. Money printing I think is not the preferred option - if it was, they would have used it before.

Money printing puts the people one step closer to the stage curtain. It might sound absurd to people that banks could print money, but now, they are actually doing it. I think they would like to step away from QE at the earliest opportunity and return to normal interest rates where possible. Give me the power to control money and you can control the government, but control of the money also comes with responsibility or you'll break the system. We must save the financial system at all costs.

Would Hilary let the FED raise interest rates under her watch? I doubt it - in fact there would be civil unrest very quickly if called for. The toys would be out of the pram quicker than you can say Hilary Vs Yellen. Trump would fight it, but he is used to fighting. He has become almost caricature of himself almost - it'll be a great show, like on WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). Does anymoe remember the "Million Dollar" man from WWF?

Anyway isn't this thread worthy of being in the main Houseprices and the Economy board rather than hidden away here in Off Topic?

My next point is probably off topic...

If anyone has seen the film the Matrix. The machines made a point of being able to exist on their own without humans, but their quality of life would be lower. This is a valid point, the economy or the banks could just function fine just on indefinite QE, but I don't believe it is the preferred option.

47 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

The UK stock market surged because the Pound crashed.  It wasn't because the markets thought Brexit was good.

Yet the US stockmarkets have surged in the face of the $ strengthening? which would imply downward pressure on future profits of US companies?

1 minute ago, anonguest said:

Yet the US stockmarkets have surged in the face of the $ strengthening? which would imply downward pressure on future profits of US companies?

No because US companies make far more of their profits in the US so the same dynamic doesn't apply.  The FTSE is much more dependent on foreign earnings.

6 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

No because US companies make far more of their profits in the US so the same dynamic doesn't apply.  The FTSE is much more dependent on foreign earnings.

REally?!  I thought the profits of the Dow Jones Industrials were, like the FTSE-100, derived significantly from international trade?  Thus strong $ bad for their profits.

As for the smaller mid-caps (S&P 500) for whom, admittedly, much more profit is derived from domestic sales fair enough - but the strong $ will effect profits on what exports they do manage to do - which won't be a trivial amount.

Note also that the large caps (DJIA) has risen more percentage wise then the mid caps. IF your thesis holds then it should be the reverse.

5 minutes ago, anonguest said:

REally?!  I thought the profits of the Dow Jones Industrials were, like the FTSE-100, derived significantly from international trade?  Thus strong $ bad for their profits.

As for the smaller mid-caps (S&P 500) for whom, admittedly, much more profit is derived from domestic sales fair enough - but the strong $ will effect profits on what exports they do manage to do - which won't be a trivial amount.

Note also that the large caps (DJIA) has risen more percentage wise then the mid caps. IF your thesis holds then it should be the reverse.

A lot of US exports are priced in dollars anyway.

Just getting back to this.

Big business owners might see catering for everyone, and I mean everyone, in the work place, is costly. The powers that be that control the assets, want assets to be yielding. It's not good monopolising all the assets, when they produce negative yields. We had a choice - spend more, or produce more children that will spend more. That didn't happen. Corporate profits stall.

They have gone far enough with immigration (people are starting to oppose it), zero hours, temporary contracts (the unions are rising), and interest rates are as low as they are going to get, so it's time to push it politically the other way. That's the only direction left, I mean right.

offended2.jpg

71f82796d7716eb3b7daed088518cb06000ab2f1

When i seen Cameron`s campaign during the run up to the referendum i would have bet money on he was trying/conspiring to lose many on here said i was crediting him with to much intelligence ....when he resigned i realised i was wrong and he is infact thick as pig shit and totally detached from the real world average joe lives in 

Can you imagine the work place in 5-10 years if things continue as they are. The big Private corporations are going to balk at having to accommodate all this by installing all these new rooms.

19 minutes ago, 200p said:

Can you imagine the work place in 5-10 years if things continue as they are. The big Private corporations are going to balk at having to accommodate all this by installing all these new rooms.

The place I'm in is already full of w###ers

Lol.

The search for corporate dirty profits, will never be "progressive". Companies are already having trouble with workers not being distracted by their mobiles at work (multiple loo breaks to check instagrams).

Can you imagine compulsory Masturbating rooms at the Freemason lodge? OK after the one legged trouser up ceremony, we'll do the customary masonic handshakes - er no thanks. Have you washed your hands? Er no, sorry Fred, the organic fragrance free fair trade soap dispenser was empty.

Soros apparently lost 1 billion bucks because of the Trump rally - how the feck did that happen?

The guy was backing Hilary and the belief was that a Clinton victory would see the markets surge and a Trump victory would see the markets crash. Soros, funding Clinton, was presumably long the markets. So how on earth did he lose a billion when everything rallied?
In March, when his next share dealings are released, it will be interesting to know in what he was positioned.

54 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Soros apparently lost 1 billion bucks because of the Trump rally - how the feck did that happen?

The guy was backing Hilary and the belief was that a Clinton victory would see the markets surge and a Trump victory would see the markets crash. Soros, funding Clinton, was presumably long the markets. So how on earth did he lose a billion when everything rallied?
In March, when his next share dealings are released, it will be interesting to know in what he was positioned.

Bloomberg were reporting that he lost because the markets surged up..  so presumably he was short.

Maybe because secretly he thought a Hilary win would be bad for the markets,  or (more likely IMO) when Trump won he went short the market and got burned by the surprise rally.

2 hours ago, libspero said:

Bloomberg were reporting that he lost because the markets surged up..  so presumably he was short.

Maybe because secretly he thought a Hilary win would be bad for the markets,  or (more likely IMO) when Trump won he went short the market and got burned by the surprise rally.

Or maybe someone, such as the Saudis, would have made an oil announcement when she won, re production increase perhaps, and oil would have dropped like a stone taking down the global markets? In such a situation, if you were short, you would make a fortune.

Obviously, this would never happen as it would be an illegal co-ordinated attempt by several people to rig and crash the market for their own benefit - and is just a wistful fancy of fiction by myself.

They really secretly wanted Trump?

giphy.gif

So Donald Trump will be president today. Will the media continue the narrative of him being evil, racist, homophobic, etc?

It seems to be the narrative (and should be expected now) because if they really wanted Trump secretly, they possibly, want to create an "Inception" type dual reality - that the Mainstream media is now detached and now not part of the establishment. The problem is that populism in today's form sees the media as part of the establishment. They need to break this link, as the media is still very much part of the power base. However I see the mainstream seeing some consolidation, as it too far bloated, and failed in it's current form. See:

I can expand on this thread, and why for businesses the pendulum as swung too far to the left. We largely don't have Unions today in the strength of the past, but in some ways workers rights, bar zero hours, and temporary contracts have gone too far to the far left. I can tell you some businesses today are far less productive today - you cannot give employees feedback or constructive criticism today at work as they are easily offended and raise grievances very quickly. The unpopular decision/opinion maker at work is now largely extinct - this is the person that just rolls up their sleeves and makes the decision and gets the job done. We have a new breed of middle manager that are numerous and pretty much toothless that take salary, but cannot tell people to do anything that is remotely outside their job role - do you see this at your place of work? Work for some people is just an inconvenience that takes people away from their online life* - it's hard enough to stop people playing with their phones during work time, or sneaking off to the toilet to check their phones each hour.

11982683_f520.jpg

*:

44 minutes ago, 200p said:

They really secretly wanted Trump?

giphy.gif

So Donald Trump will be president today. Will the media continue the narrative of him being evil, racist, homophobic, etc?

It seems to be the narrative (and should be expected now) because if they really wanted Trump secretly, they possibly, want to create an "Inception" type dual reality - that the Mainstream media is now detached and now not part of the establishment. The problem is that populism in today's form sees the media as part of the establishment. They need to break this link, as the media is still very much part of the power base. However I see the mainstream seeing some consolidation, as it too far bloated, and failed in it's current form. See:

I can expand on this thread, and why for businesses the pendulum as swung too far to the left. We largely don't have Unions today in the strength of the past, but in some ways workers rights, bar zero hours, and temporary contracts have gone too far to the far left. I can tell you some businesses today are far less productive today - you cannot give employees feedback or constructive criticism today at work as they are easily offended and raise grievances very quickly. The unpopular decision/opinion maker at work is now largely extinct - this is the person that just rolls up their sleeves and makes the decision and gets the job done. We have a new breed of middle manager that are numerous and pretty much toothless that take salary, but cannot tell people to do anything that is remotely outside their job role - do you see this at your place of work? Work for some people is just an inconvenience that takes people away from their online life* - it's hard enough to stop people playing with their phones during work time, or sneaking off to the toilet to check their phones each hour.

11982683_f520.jpg

*:

Not where I work.  People who yank the chain get sacked, quickly.

It certainly used to be that way in the public service when I worked there in the UK - useless baggage who would formally complain if anyone tried to make them work.

^OK. I also forgot to talk about high churn, but perhaps those who are removed are largely replaced by the same type of people. High churn is also not desirable as it a business cost in time and resources (to train people up). There are complexities here, that I have yet to explore.

---

Odds on the 2nd term out of interest, for the record. Trump is favourite. Michelle 0bama worth a flutter?

image.png