House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollover

Post Office strike to go ahead

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Excellent.

I hope all the shite you losers have ordered off Amazon and Ebay is at least a week late...

How nice of you :rolleyes:.

I ordered something from amazon last week. It was supposed to be delivered next week but they tried to deliver it yesterday, I was abroad!

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Excellent.

I hope all the shite you losers have ordered off Amazon and Ebay is at least a week late...

Most of that shite arrives by other couriers :)

It's the counter staff. After years of being forced to queue for ages to buy a tax disc there, and be exposed to their surly indifference unique brand of customer service, I doubt much of the public will mourn the passing of their jobs into obsolescence.

1 hour ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Most of that shite arrives by other couriers :)

We dropped Royal Mail for Hermes, a couple of years back, for sub 5kg, but Royal Mail are offering cheap tracking now so went back earlier this year. I would predict a lot going to them. The realisation seems to have dawned that letters is dead and parcels is where it's at for them finally.

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

I think it only affects some Post Office branches, i.e. counter services.

Royal Mail deliveries will be operating as usual.

Its only effects the 300 Crown Post Offices. Those run under franchise are not impacted. There are over 11,000 in the latter category.

Why don't you get more Staff? Is there a staff Shortage?

45minutes to post a parcel!

They used to have an old style counter with about 6 positions. They had a refit, now it's two positions, with one position being the foreign exchange too! I guess the staff get a lot of abuse about the queues, to which they can do nothing at all about but just nod, accept their working conditions and say yes, there's a queue.