House Price Crash Forum

Pancreatic cancer (for a friend)

mikthe20

38 minutes ago, StarsEnd said:

It would seem that many of our immune systems are working sub-par due to our diets.

Agreed. I eat a nutrient dense, quite clean diet, and I've not had a cold or flu in almost 4 years. Bloke in my office in work eats junk, is morbidly obese, and is sick several times a year.

Watch this (this is a 'real' doctor talking about actual scientific studies):

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, sukuinage said:

Nothing much I can add except my sympathy.  My mum died of pancreatic cancer at the weekend only two weeks after diagnosis.  She was in her eighties so not as tragic as someone in their forties but a shock.  Having done some research there is sadly little chance in most cases.

I am sorry for your loss.

Cancer is a horrible disease that robs us of our loved ones. 

1 hour ago, sukuinage said:

Nothing much I can add except my sympathy.  My mum died of pancreatic cancer at the weekend only two weeks after diagnosis.  She was in her eighties so not as tragic as someone in their forties but a shock.  Having done some research there is sadly little chance in most cases.

Always tragic to lose one's mother, regardless of age. You have my condolences.

2 hours ago, StarsEnd said:

Hi all, first post here. Been lurking on this site for many years, reading only. Thought I'd post today as I do have some info that might be useful for your friend.

Have a look at his free pdf:

http://morgellonsdiseaseawareness.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Cancer-Free_4th_Edition.6264839.pdf

The most important chapter is five. There are a bunch of simple and cheap things you can do which I believe may make a difference.

The other thing I would recommend is taking Essiac. This is a tea made from four herbs. It's not expensive, about £20 a month. I recommend the one below because it is one of the few made properly (with sheep sorrel roots). I have no connection to the owner of the site.

http://qualifiednaturopath.com/products/1200ml-organic-herbal-decoction-not-branded-essiac-exact-rene-caisse-recipe

I don't have any personal experience of any of these therapies but I did do some extensive research/reading when I thought my mum might have cancer. In my opinion there is most certainly something in it.

I would also suggest your friend look at the Gerson therapy. This is essentially vegetable juicing. There is much suppressed evidence to suggest this really does work. It would seem that many of our immune systems are working sub-par due to our diets. If you flood the body with nutrients the body is better able to kill the cancer itself.

Lastly, watch 'Cancer: The Forbidden Cures' on youtube. It's an eye opener that everybody should watch. The huge pharmaceutical companies and vested interests really do suppress knowledge of many simple medicines that they cannot patent so they can sell their very expensive poisons which don't often work in the medium/long term.

Good luck to your mate. Pancreas cancer is often fast so no time to waste.

Wow, awesome post, thank you StarsEnd, really appreciate it.

2 hours ago, sukuinage said:

So sorry to hear that sukuinage, my sincere condolences, it must have been a real shock so quickly, and thank you for your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, Dorkins said:

Is your friend scientifically-minded or a bit superstitious?

Personally I'd be annoyed if I'd been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and friends and family started pushing witch doctor medicine on me, but horses for courses.

Appreciate your point. I started this thread looking for ideas that are perhaps outside the norm or just unknown in the mainstream/UK but have some scientific or theoretical merit, so I'm very pleased with what's been suggested by so many good people. I'm researching them and any quackery will be eliminated but it's obvious from some of the links people have put on that there are options and advice that the NHS does not want to provide for whatever reasons. I don't want to put my mate off the advice his doctors are giving though, since that could lead to all sorts of distress and mental conflict (and the risk of it being wrong), so I'm not going to suggest he refuse chemo or anything like that for example. But if things are as grim as they look and there's something that looks worth a shot (eg. that clinic in Germany) then I really don't see why not.

Make sure your friend takes 10.000 IU of Vitamin D3 a day, not to cure his cancer, but for his immune system to cope with the chemotherapy (which has a devastating effect on the immune system).

Also high dose vitamin C (preferably intravenous but capsules are better than nothing) for immune system support.

On 15/12/2016 at 0:13 AM, The Masked Tulip said:

I also now have a few bottles of turmeric in my fridge and try to add that to any curries / meats that I eat after reading about the curcumin, the pigment in turmeric that makes curry powder yellow, which is supposed to have good cancer fighting properties. A friend's dog was given a few weeks to live back in the spring - prostate cancer - and they began lacing his food with turmeric and the dog is still here.

Raw ginger is even better than turmeric to prevent cancer, just buy a fresh raw ginger root (preferably organic and preferably not from China), cut off a piece, peel the skin and then chew the ginger and swallow it once well chewed. The taste is quite intense at first but after a few days of doing it your taste buds get used to it.

Allegedly it even cures cancer but at quite high doses:

https://sites.google.com/site/howtocureyourself/home/how-to-cure-cancer-with-ginger

BTW, the curcumin only gets absorbed if you mix it with black pepper.

Not much to add.  He definitely needs to look at a will, what happens with any pension contributions/work life assurance policy if any (now is the time to get married if it will help any).  The one blessing of cancer is that it gives us some time to prepare for death - including a bucket list. Many of us do not get that chance. 

There seems to be some research showing that fasting a few days beforehand can increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy and help nullify some of side effects:

http://eatingacademy.com/start-here

On 12/15/2016 at 0:37 AM, lovepigeon said:

My grandmother died of this a year ago, only a month after diagnosis. I agree Germany is the place to go for cutting edge treatment. If he is too ill for that to be an option gemcitabine is a 'gentle' chemo and should give him a few extra months. My grandmother suffered horribly, it really is an awful disease. As well as being caught late there are certain properties of this cancer that make it so hard to treat, the mutations that make it spead occur early and the tumour is relatively avascular making it hard to get chemo into it. My grandmother wanted to go to Belgium for assisted suicide but was too ill to travel.

Its interesting and sad that so many on this forum have been affected.

More funding should go into this cancer given the lack of progress.

So sorry to hear thatlovepigeon, sounds awful. Thank you for your thoughts.

17 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Personally I'd be annoyed if I'd been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and friends and family started pushing witch doctor medicine on me, but horses for courses.

Why? Try it anyway, if it fails then you're at the same junction you would have been at. Pancreatic Cancer is fatal in ~95% of cases. False hope is better than no hope.

You'd need concentrated circumin (the active ingredient of turmeric). Household termeric won't work and contains very small amounts of circumin, which doesn't get metabolised by the body very easily either. Also some supermarket turmeric powder can contain lead due to poisoning of soil in India due to industry, not good.

We all have cancer, it's just those with the diagnosis, their body can't clean it up. http://www.science20.com/confessions_stem_cell_scientist/why_literally_everyone_has_cancer_and_what_means_you-81937

Modus operandi of traditional medicine is to make you think this shit is f'ing hardcore serious, and you need medical equivalent of a battalion with tanks. You are helpless on your own, paralysed by fear, intimidated with pseudo science.

If I had cancer, I'd not use chemo or radio. Would probably use something like GcMaf from a doctor who hasn't been assassinated or been shut down, assets frozen etc.

23 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Not sure who or what you are replying to but many pharmaceuticals are based on natural herbs and plants. Such as that useless carp "Tamiflu" (banned in Japan), based on the herb Star Anise. You can't patent Star Anise,  only change / add to it to make it original with a liberal sprinkle of BS so you can own the patent.

.....by the way the U.K. Regulators of the pharmaceutical industry (MHRA) are 100% funded by the pharmaceutical industry. Little has changed since this report https://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200405/cmselect/cmhealth/42/42.pdf (you'll only need to read paragraph number 98 on page 30). 

2 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

If I had cancer, I'd not use chemo or radio. Would probably use something like GcMaf from a doctor who hasn't been assassinated or been shut down, assets frozen etc.

Thank you for your post Arepggio, really appreciated. I did some research and came across this about this guy and his companies:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34326801

I'm really quite conflicted - hard to tell if the medical authorities and media are despicable, manipulative liars (which is becoming my default position more and more these days) or if this guy's a charlatan. And unfortunately it is quite literally a matter of life and death. Not a great feeling really as I really can't see how to make the judgement. Shit.

1 hour ago, mikthe20 said:

Thank you for your post Arepggio, really appreciated. I did some research and came across this about this guy and his companies:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34326801

I'm really quite conflicted - hard to tell if the medical authorities and media are despicable, manipulative liars (which is becoming my default position more and more these days) or if this guy's a charlatan. And unfortunately it is quite literally a matter of life and death. Not a great feeling really as I really can't see how to make the judgement. Shit.

Thanks for asking. I understand your concern. I noticed that article earlier too elsewhere and didn't regard it as worth reading, but just read it now. As far as any scientifically based oppositional claims, there appear to be no names backing them up. Only organisations or charities who aren't in the scientific scrutiny position.

For example it says: "But experts say there is no evidence to support claims it could potentially cure autism or cancer."

The nearest I could find was Dr Kat Arney, a Science communications manager, who is not in the position of making the scientific claims and is merely parroting the MHRA. If there were names and qualifications given of the doctors or scientists who were saying that GcMaf had no evidence then we could look at their backgrounds and how much money they have / are receiving from pharma.

here' some science papers on GcMaf https://immunocentre.eu/research-papers/

I am not linking the above gcmaf papers with the following, of course GcMaf is not pharma anyway. http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0020138

The BBC article also says: "The US Food and Drug Administration searched Dr Bradstreet's premises, with a warrant for GcMAF in July. Three days later Dr Bradstreet was found dead. The local sheriff reported suicide."

Similar to Dr david Kelly who also "committed suicide" after telling the government there were no WMDs in Iraq. In the case of Dr bradstreet he, shot himself in the chest and was found at the bottom of a river. Who commits suicide by shooting themselves while diving into a river? Lol.

I don't know about proton therapy but as an example of the establishment, do you remember this when parents were jailed for not giving their son radiotherapy?  https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/mar/23/ashya-king-now-free-of-cancer-after-proton-therapy-say-parents

52 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Where can we get these concentrated forms of curcumin from? (Asks the man who is just off to the freezer to defrost some ginger.)

This is something I haver read on Mercola. You can find it on there. Actual Turmeric root tastes nice (although I wouldn't use it for anything other than preventative medicine).

Interestingly with autopsies on men who died of old age, over 90% had an enlarged prostate, so it wasn't that that killed them. I drink green tea now and then and eat broccoli. Am not old just have that stuff anyway. I think organic food may actually be the "same price" to cheaper stuff if looking at it in terms of nutrition.

1 hour ago, mikthe20 said:

Not a great feeling really as I really can't see how to make the judgement. Shit.

Im afraid it's a lot more emotive and edgy with medicine. It's not terrorists 1000's miles away, it's under your skin. Being betrayed is inconceivable so it is not conceived.

OP I'm sorry that your friend is facing death but he's lucky that he has someone like you who is open minded and cares.

If I was diagnosed with cancer of my pancreas I would think I was in a very serious life or death situation and would look at the evidence as I see it.

First of all I would ask myself if I trust the medical profession to have my best interest at heart. My answer would be no because I think the medical profession has lost the plot about health matters.

I wouldn't bother with conventional methods for cancer of the pancreas instead I would add to what I do already with trying to give my body the best nutrition. Firstly I would totally eliminate any form of sugar, up my natural fat intake, try and source more organic type foods, eat apricot kernels, take turmeric etc etc etc.

Other than that I would try and do as much as possible that I enjoy. Like others have said though the best the OP can do is give time to support a friend in trouble.

No evidence, just an idea.....we all have cancer and it only takes something to trigger it for example stress or the environment.....also think help for all kinds of illnesses can be found in nature such as plants....looking in the local greengrocer and they were selling fresh turmeric, no idea if can help, maybe more research can be done to find out if the natural substances we can eat, have easy access to and that grows naturally can be beneficial for all manner of illnesses we suffer from...... ;)

Hello.  A relative of mine had pancreatic cancer.  He was first dx three years ago.  Had chemo but it didn't work/couldn't tolerate it.  My relative is a medical consultant in the USA.  He did his research and found a surgeon in Porto, Portugal who is getting impressive results.   He had an op and was cancer free for a while.  But it came back recently and he has just had another op in Portugal and is cancer free again.  I appreciate it may be too late for your friend.  If not, it is possible to get some medical costs in Europe covered by the NHS while we are still in Europe.  His oncologist would most likely be aware of the procedure in Porto. http://www.macmillan.org.uk/information-and-support/organising/travel-and-holidays/travelling-abroad/going-abroad-nhs-funded-treatment.html  

This is maybe a bit out there and not the place to post it but why not. If your offended Mik i apologise !!

Is your pal a pretty clean living bod ?

If so - and he realises it's coming to an end - you could see if he fancied trying a few illegal substances he may not have tried before. Literally nothing to lose and will add to his 'life experiences' even though that sounds a bit wanky.

Anyway hope you and your pal are ok - I've never had to deal with this shit before luckily - but will unless I'm the first to pip off.

Good luck. I think the best option is to have as much fun with him as possible. Do something different with him. As long as it's fun. Everyone likes having fun. 

Well maybe not Riedquat but he's not normal 

Archived