House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

PropertyIndustryEye - Picture of the Week

Silver linings. In the ea's resultant period of unemployment they can buy cheap clothes from the charity shop next door to where they used to work, pictured.

Edited by Si1

What's sad about that? It's sad when people are forced to rent because of high house prices.  It's sad when blokes are brow-beaten into taking on a mortgage because the missus is getting all jealous about her friends getting into debt (lol).  The housing market is a like a black hole, not warping space and time, but warping people's minds. 

It's something to celebrate when we see the demise of the high street estate agent. 

There has been a former EA office for sale on my local high street for almost a year now... they can't even price their own properties realistically!!

39 minutes ago, nome said:

There has been a former EA office for sale on my local high street for almost a year now... they can't even price their own properties realistically!!

:D

At least the EA now can become a worthy member of society instead of a lieing scumbag leech. UNLESS he gets another job as an EA.

Edited by GreenDevil

Spooky.

I just noticed a newish (3 years?) letting only EA has shut.

It looks like a franchise model. The sign in window says 'nearest branch ... (40 miles away).

Not much money in sales. Not much money in rentals.

8 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

What's sad about that? It's sad when people are forced to rent because of high house prices.  It's sad when blokes are brow-beaten into taking on a mortgage because the missus is getting all jealous about her friends getting into debt (lol).  The housing market is a like a black hole, not warping space and time, but warping people's minds. 

It's something to celebrate when we see the demise of the high street estate agent. 

+1

and it's significant because EAs have been sprouting up all over the place for years now, new outlets and new names as if they all expected an ever increasing market and easy pickings.

Should have diversified into lettings, let your office out to a rival EA, wait until they're nice and settled in, BOOM just bang the rents up on em. Then when they go out of business, move back into your old premises on BELOW market rents, buy up your rivals old office, fill it with another rival EA, bang the rents up on them, expand into their office when they fold, reduce the rents on yourself, etc etc rinse and repeat innit.

Don't get too carried away - I recognised that straight away as St Ives and there is another branch of Taylors just 3 miles away in Huntingdon serving the same area really. Also (remembering from when I was in St Ives) there were at least 8 other estate agents in St Ives which is ridiculous for that size of town.

16 hours ago, GreenDevil said:

At least the EA now can become a worthy member of society instead of a lieing scumbag leech. UNLESS he gets another job as an EA.

I like your optimism, however you could view it the other way. EAs attract a certain type of person, see how many have BTLs, imagine the damage they'll cause in society if not labelled correctly. Maybe they should be identified or something to warn others of their character. Could you imagine an EA as a doctor, teacher, or any other profession.

No, at least we know where we stand when someone announces they're an EA.