House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nome

Let us all have some sympathy for these poor people...

Doesn't sound good does it.  I wonder where in the country they are talking about.  I know of someone in a similar position although it involves a flat bought in Liverpool.  It is still worth less than they paid for it at the top of the market back in 2007.  I suspect their window for bailing out is closing with the turning of the year.

Just now, dougless said:

You were politely asked not to laugh.  Naughty, naughty.

Only if you're at the back.

I'm at the front.

When did the tone of MSE forums change? That isn't the reactions you would have got a couple of years back....

And they are utterly screwed. No work should have been done on the property and losses swallowed as early as possible....

There comes a time when you can't just find excuses for market choices of people.

Multiple houses, and one which has been rented out for some time - there is council tax to pay.  

That is not unrealistic tone.  Just cold hard facts.  Cuddles and sympathy means nothing, and no help for the person asking the question, seemingly stuck in fantasy land. 

Nor is the suggestion people are responsible for their own market choices.  In 2007 the poster got what they wanted when buying the property, at a price that outbid other people in the market.

On 14/12/2016 at 6:41 PM, eek said:

When did the tone of MSE forums change? That isn't the reactions you would have got a couple of years back....

And they are utterly screwed. No work should have been done on the property and losses swallowed as early as possible....

It makes no sense , your already in trouble with the house but you go an spend a huge some getting your further in debt to help rent it ...really ...

A golden nugget of advice from a poster on that forum

"Apologies if this has already been suggested, but how much equity do you have in your marital home (at current value)? If you remortgaged with the highest LTV available, would that free up enough cash to dig you out of your negative equity hole and council tax owed?

I appreciate you would likely want to protect your family home from these debts, but it may be a way to stop the debts from mounting further. You'll no longer have this monthly millstone of the old IO mortgage to pay, and be in better financial shape soon."

When in Rome...