House Price Crash Forum

Farage shows his true colours

macfarlan

1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

I already have.

Have you? I must have missed that one.

Also , what bit of that video was the bit where he lied to the British people? (Not sure how you managed to miss that question). I want a quote don't forget, and an explanation of why it's a lie.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, simon99 said:

I'm sure you know best. I am amazed at the hate directed towards him having never seen him say anything outrageous, if you can enlighten me with any evidence I will be happy to review my position, I've asked many haters to do this but no one has mustered anything yet.

threatening violence on the streets if hard brexit is not delivered is pretty outrageous

15 minutes ago, onlooker said:

I looked at the film of Farage, I cannot see what the complaint is. He says the issue in question was not even up for debate, not could be allowed to be debated, at the committee Farage is accused of not attending regularly.

Personally, I have regarded all the press and media as liars except when it suits them, ever since Enoch Powell's so called 'Rivers of Blood' speech when he he neither used that phrase nor intended to convey that message. Just another media establishment lie. Fake news is nothing new.

Exactly ,yet they ridicule Farage for question it 

Even tough i do actually agree on the angling ban as it was the only way to actually make a law enforceable, as in gain convictions which then becomes a deterant the law as it  stood then was unworkable but that dose not mean the EU`s stance on commercial bass fishing is right 

Edited by long time lurking

6 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Have you? I must have missed that one.

Also , what bit of that video was the bit where he lied to the British people? (Not sure how you managed to miss that question). I want a quote don't forget, and an explanation of why it's a lie.

George Eustice.  It's in the first bit I quoted on the subject. 

I'm on my phone now but will get back to you on Farage's speech.  For now it's sufficient to point out that it is misleading to say suggest that a British minister acting through the Council of Ministers is 'the EU'.

3 minutes ago, long time lurking said:

Exactly ,yet they ridicule Farage for question it 

Even tough i do actually agree on the angling ban as it was the only way to actually make a law enforceable, as in gain convictions which then becomes a deterant the law as it  stood then was unworkable 

I'm not an angler, so I don't know the issues, but Farage was saying that coastal (i.e. British) amateur fisherman were banned from catching sea bass, while trawlers (presumably paying off their friends in Brussels) were allowed to continue fishing. Is that correct?

16 minutes ago, onlooker said:

I'm not an angler, so I don't know the issues, but Farage was saying that coastal (i.e. British) amateur fisherman were banned from catching sea bass, while trawlers (presumably paying off their friends in Brussels) were allowed to continue fishing. Is that correct?

Bass stocks are at a very poor level.

A closure of the commercial fishery was proposed for 2016. The compromise achieved was a partial closure and then a 1 fish limit per trip on recreational anglers and a quota limit on commercial small boat fishermen. Ironically, large boat purse seiners can land as much bass as they like if it is recorded as an unfortunate by-catch.

A complete closure for Atlantic bass has been proposed for 2017 ICES advice, and I expect there will inevitably, be a compromise.

Every MP has a constituency. Farage was completely Off Topic in the debate, which was actually about Blue Fin Tuna. He swung it to sea bass to make two points. Firstly, to argue against the EU passing the policy that restricted recreational anglers (irrespective of who proposed the amendments to the EU), and second, to show his allegiance to the working man, the chap who likes a beer and to go fishing. He was speaking to his voters.

He was behaving like any MP. Spinning it his way. Blame him, blame them all.

Bass is a very valuable fish commanding a high price in good condition.

Edited by LiveinHope

9 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

George Eustice.  It's in the first bit I quoted on the subject. 

I'm on my phone now but will get back to you on Farage's speech.  For now it's sufficient to point out that it is misleading to say suggest that a British minister acting through the Council of Ministers is 'the EU'.

Ok. And what was his position on the matter? Was it reflective of the Councils decision?

So have we gone from "lying" to the British people to "misleading"? Where did he say the British minister is the EU?

Also I'll ask again, which bit was the lie (or misleading) , quote and explanation please?

2 minutes ago, onlooker said:

It`s complicated ( i have done both commercial bass and i am an angler) i also edited the post you quoted basically the EU`s  fisheries policies are so inflexible they are unworkable as the compensation to commercial fishermen would be EU wide some one had to be made a scape goat for sure

Anglers were limited but commercial fisherman were only banded limited for a short period ,these are not huge trawlers .most of the bass landed are landed by under 10m class boats the problem that the EU was trying to overcome was commercial fishermen pretending to be anglers and landing fish via licenced boats

But the whole problem was Bass never come under the quota system catches were unlimited it has been a free for all ,the EU have put them under a quota system now but penalised anglers (genuine anglers were never a problem) but how do you distinguish between a genuine angler with 30 fish on the boat and a unlicensed commercial angler with 30 fish on the boat rod and line caught bass are a large part of the commercial catch  and fetch a premium 

Personally, I think that Farage is excellent.

He is like the boy who shouted 'The King is in the all together'

Neither left or right like that . Especially middle class liberals who sense that he is a threat.

They have not got any real answers so they rubbish him.

Demagogue! Racist! Xenophobe! Wrecker!

These are not political arguments, they are snowflake spout.

16 minutes ago, LiveinHope said:

Bass stocks are at a very poor level.

A closure of the commercial fishery was proposed for 2016. The compromise achieved was a partial closure and then a 1 fish limit per trip on recreational anglers and a quota limit on commercial small boat fishermen. Ironically, large boat purse seiners can land as much bass as they like if it is recorded as an unfortunate by-catch.

A complete closure for Atlantic bass has been proposed for 2017 ICES advice, and I expect there will inevitably, be a compromise.

Every MP has a constituency. Farage was completely Off Topic in the debate, which was actually about Blue Fin Tuna. He swung it to sea bass to make two points. Firstly, to argue against the EU passing the policy that restricted recreational anglers (irrespective of who proposed the amendments to the EU), and second, to show his allegiance to the working man, the chap who likes a beer and to go fishing. He was speaking to his voters.

He was behaving like any MP. Spinning it his way. Blame him, blame them all.

Bass is a very valuable fish commanding a high price in good condition.

IIRC there is now a 1 tonne per month limit on the large boats and a total quota tonnage (could be wrong on the last part i don`t know if that came to fruition) but under 10m  still have no quota as in the amount they can land is unlimited

But yes it was a case of a politician playing politics 

Byron, that's pretty much what I think. I genuinely find it amazing the hatred he arouses in some people (normally amongst the supposedly all embracing "tolerant" liberals - the irony) for taking the mainstream line. From a neutral perspective I can see no logic for such hatred, this thread has just reinforced my view so far. There appears to be very little evidence behind any of it.

3 hours ago, simon99 said:

I'm sure you know best. I am amazed at the hate directed towards him having never seen him say anything outrageous, if you can enlighten me with any evidence I will be happy to review my position, I've asked many haters to do this but no one has mustered anything yet.

he threatened violence on the streets if he didn't get the kind of brexit that he wants

14 minutes ago, Byron said:

Neither left or right like that . Especially middle class liberals who sense that he is a threat.

he is excellent if you're into populist nonsense

12 minutes ago, Byron said:

You missed out the new one "populist" you know you have won the argument when the opposition lowers themselves to name calling, the opisition know they have lost when people don`t give a shit about what they are called ,we are at the don`t give a shit point now IMO 

5 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Byron, that's pretty much what I think. I genuinely find it amazing the hatred he arouses in some people (normally amongst the supposedly all embracing "tolerant" liberals - the irony) for taking the mainstream line. From a neutral perspective I can see no logic for such hatred, this thread has just reinforced my view so far. There appears to be very little evidence behind any of it.

They all fail to acknowledge that 

5 minutes ago, long time lurking said:

IIRC there is now a 1 tonne per month limit on the large boats and a total quota tonnage (could be wrong on the last part i don`t know if that came to fruition) but under 10m  still have no quota as in the amount they can land is unlimited

But yes it was a case of a politician playing politics 

I shouldn't have called it a quota limit, sloppy. The fishery was closed until July and from then on I think it's 1.3t per month for commercial rod and line and 1t per month for all netting, and one fish per recreational angler. It really needs to close for next year.

1 minute ago, LiveinHope said:

I shouldn't have called it a quota limit, sloppy. The fishery was closed until July and from then on I think it's 1.3t per month for commercial rod and line and 1t per month for all netting, and one fish per recreational angler. It really needs to close for next year.

Same can be said for cod ,the Atlantic cod stocks are close to a point of no return, i don`t think none will see what it needs ,the cost of compensation is way to high  

12 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Did he really? I thought he warned about it.

Simon,

To the Middle class liberals, warning about is it as good as threatening.

The whole point about the King's Clothes story is that the elites were all saying what a nice suit of clothes the King was wearing because only intelligent people could see them.

Sort of like Brexit really, only the intelligent people can see why we should remain.

Oh by the way, Populist means ............well.............er.........popular.

9 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

And b!tching about the EU while happily suckling on the teat of the EU

Here's the link https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/nigel-farage-scathing-attack-ukip-low-grade-people

I don't really mind the guy, it's the suckers who fell for his bs and think he's some great hero I pity and loathe in equal measure

I've heard this arguement made many times before and like those others, you completely miss the point. To change the EU and/or to campaign against it he needed to become an MEP to do so. Hes a city person who had a real job, that he could go back to once the EU collapses or the UK exits. Unlike the rest of the EU vested interests all on the gravy train, he was not trying to maintain the status quo to suit his own. He's one of the most influential, greatest politicians of the last 100 years. I'm proud to have voted for UKIP and vote leave and look forward to the UK leaving (after a HPC!) I have a house in the EU, I stand to loose, but I don't care, the UK is more important than my own personal gain.

Edited by bear.getting.old

32 minutes ago, bear.getting.old said:

I've heard this arguement made many times before and like those others, you completely miss the point. To change the EU and/or to campaign against it he needed to become an MEP to do so. Hes a city person who had a real job, that he could go back to once the EU collapses or the UK exits. Unlike the rest of the EU vested interests all on the gravy train, he was not trying to maintain the status quo to suit his own. He's one of the most influential, greatest politician of the last 100 years. I'm proud to have voted for UKIP and vote leave and look forward to the UK leaving. For the UK's sake! I have a house in the EU, I stand to loose, but I don't care, the UK is more important than my own personal gain.

I've heard your argument before many times before "He's going to bring down the system from the inside" what a load of nonsense

And as far as you regarding him the greatest most influential politican of the last 100 years :lol: - I have repeated it so people can see how laughable that statement is

You don't care if you lose and are proud to have voted UKIP for the greater good (such altruism) - fine, that's your call. I have no wish to lose anything and if need be will jump ship to sunnier climes if Brexit fcks things up too much over here

2 hours ago, Lovely Rum said:

he threatened violence on the streets if he didn't get the kind of brexit that he wants

Nope he did not he said there was a risk of violence on the streets   a massive difference to actually threatening ...i`m happy for you to prove me wrong but i will not be holding my breath ...and no tabliod`s take on it will be accepted as proof 

9 hours ago, Blod said:

People nowadays don't listen to what politicians say, but rather what the media reports what they say. 'Fake news' is the current way the liberal media describe this, don't listen to the speeches of Farage/Trump but our true take of what they say.

Very good point. I heard from a few folk at my previous work of how much they hated Trump. Not one had actually listened to anything he had actually said. Well apart from his secret recording about burds in the back of some bus to another bloke 10 years ago. Says it all.