House Price Crash Forum

Farage shows his true colours

macfarlan

HOLA441

Theresa May- only interested in making life good for the rich. Claims she wants equality but these are just words, has done NOTHING to promote equality. Btw grammar schools are filled with rich children, parents can afford the extra coaching to get them in.

Jeremy Corbyn- decent guy but is now compromising his own views due to the dirty nature of politics. He needs to be stronger and his party need to stop whinging and get on with it.

Nigel Farage- will put his foot in it, and can be a complete moron, but is very much aware of the difficulties of the middle/working class have been facing. He is correct about housing, don't need to build more just control immigration.

Tim Farron- Twit, he needs to shut up.

So not a great bunch to choose from, 

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 minute ago, simon99 said:

Ok, but he still achieved what the party set out to do.

True - although personally I think Tony Blair etc were far more useful.  Most politicians make me want to do the reverse of what they propose because their ideas are so badly though out e.g. Blair "I will let loads come here, no idea where they are going to live" etc

HOLA443
4 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

If you want something more concrete, why not scrutinise Farage's actions as an MEP where he was elected to serve his constituents interests.  Look at his record on the fisheries committee for example:

http://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/sea-bass-jan-2016/

His goal was to take the UK out of the EU. If he got in on the basis he wanted to be fully involved in everything the EU does then you might have a point.

HOLA444
1 minute ago, iamnumerate said:

True - although personally I think Tony Blair etc were far more useful.  Most politicians make me want to do the reverse of what they propose because their ideas are so badly though out e.g. Blair "I will let loads come here, no idea where they are going to live" etc

Not sure what you mean by useful. New Labour oversaw a huge house price and consumer debt boom.

HOLA445
3 minutes ago, simon99 said:

His goal was to take the UK out of the EU. If he got in on the basis he wanted to be fully involved in everything the EU does then you might have a point.

And he did that by lying to the British people about the EU.  You might think that's a good thing but encouraging people to believe things that aren't true doesn't seem like the way an honest man should operate.

HOLA446
2 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Can a paid representative really get away with just doing what they personally feel like? At the very least in this fisheries example he pointlessly occupied a committee seat that could otherwise have had someone who actually did care about fish.

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Can a paid representative really get away with just doing what they personally feel like? At the very least in this fisheries example he pointlessly occupied a committee seat that could otherwise have had someone who actually did care about fish.

Well he got elected and I don't think the people who voted him in were under any illusions of what he stood for.

HOLA448
8 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

And he did that by lying to the British people about the EU.  You might think that's a good thing but encouraging people to believe things that aren't true doesn't seem like the way an honest man should operate.

No I don't think lying to the British people is a good thing, I never said anything of the sort. What has he lied about, I want some evidence like I've been asking for?

HOLA449
Just now, simon99 said:

No I don't think lying to the British people is a good thing, I never said anything of the sort. What has he lied about, I want some evidence like I've been asking for?

Read what I quoted.  He blamed the European Commission for a decision which wasn't theirs.  He consistent modus operandi is to blame the EU for everything, even if the facts don't support it.

HOLA4410
1 minute ago, simon99 said:

Well he got elected and I don't think the people who voted him in were under any illusions of what he stood for.

Yes but what about the fish? What if the entire parliament was busy with their pet hobby horses? 

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

Read what I quoted.  He blamed the European Commission for a decision which wasn't theirs.  He consistent modus operandi is to blame the EU for everything, even if the facts don't support it.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert on fishing and fish stocks, but what is this Council the article refers to? Is it part of the EU or not? And what exactly did he say.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

The Council means the Council of Ministers, i.e. the governments of the nation states.

Ok, so is the Council of these ministers an EU concept or not? If we were out of the EU would we be in this Council? And what did he actually say?

HOLA4415
12 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Ok, so is the Council of these ministers an EU concept or not? If we were out of the EU would we be in this Council? And what did he actually say?

Yes it's an EU concept - it's the body by which national governments, as opposed to Brussels bureaucrats, make decisions.  If we were out of the EU we wouldn't have a seat at the table.

Farage seems to be blaming 'the EU' for something that was actually proposed by a British government minister.

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

Yes it's an EU concept - it's the body by which national governments, as opposed to Brussels bureaucrats, make decisions.  If we were out of the EU we wouldn't have a seat at the table.

Farage seems to be blaming 'the EU' for something that was actually proposed by a British government minister.

Ok , so now we've established the Council is part of the EU project. What about my last question which I've asked twice - what did he actually say then?

HOLA4417
7 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

And when you say proposed by a British government minister who do you mean? And what was the stance on the matter of the British representative in the Council or are you counting the collective decision of the Council as what the British minister proposed?

HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, simon99 said:

Ok , so now we've established the Council is part of the EU project. What about my last question which I've asked twice - what did he actually say then?

When you say it's 'part of the EU project', it's important to distinguish which part otherwise you risk saying something which is false or misleading.  Any member state of the EU is 'part of the EU project' by definition but it doesn't mean that everything that happens is the fault of the EU.

This is a video of what he actually said:

HOLA4419
9 minutes ago, simon99 said:

And when you say proposed by a British government minister who do you mean? And what was the stance on the matter of the British representative in the Council or are you counting the collective decision of the Council as what the British minister proposed?

The British representative in the Council is the British minister.  The clue's in the name - Council of Ministers.

Edited by thecrashingisles

HOLA4420

Compared to the bland, cookie cutter politicians of recent years, Farage has certainly broken that mould and I think thats what has endeared him to many people.

With all the 'politician speech training' nowadays of hand placement (cue fist with thumb pointing outwards) and the such like, I think he's managed to communicate with the 'trod on' population by just being upfront and frank.

I'm not a UKIP supporter and I certainly don't think they've done themselves any favours this year. But I am anti-bureaucratic EU however and Farage has managed to force the tories into the referendum, of which I am grateful.

HOLA4421
6 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

When you say it's 'part of the EU project', it's important to distinguish which part otherwise you risk saying something which is false or misleading.  Any member state of the EU is 'part of the EU project' by definition but it doesn't mean that everything that happens is the fault of the EU.

This is a video of what he actually said:

Ok, I've watched that, which bit is the lie then? I want you to quote the bit.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, thecrashingisles said:

If you want something more concrete, why not scrutinise Farage's actions as an MEP where he was elected to serve his constituents interests.  Look at his record on the fisheries committee for example:

http://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/sea-bass-jan-2016/

So anglers raise the issue and everyone blames Farage .....WTF are our fisheries officers doing why was it left to anglers to ring the alarm bell ? The EU have rode rough shod over the UK`s fishing industries yet you and they blame just one of our 650 mep`s 

So know tell me why have just one of those 650  been singled out for blame/criticism 

WTF was this guy doing ? yet you blame just one ...you know exactly why 

photoIan Hudghton 
Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance
Constituency: Scotland
National party: Scottish National Party

Committee(s):
Member: Committee on Fisheries                             
Substitute: Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
8 Old Glamis Road
Dundee
DD3 8HP

phone.png01382 623200
mail.pngian.hudghton@ep.europa.eu
website.pngwww.hudghtonmep.scot
ep-thumnail.pngBiographical details

HOLA4424
12 minutes ago, long time lurking said:

So anglers raise the issue and everyone blames Farage .....WTF are our fisheries officers doing why was it left to anglers to ring the alarm bell ? The EU have rode rough shod over the UK`s fishing industries yet you and they blame just one of our 650 mep`s 

So know tell me why have just one of those 650  been singled out for blame/criticism 

WTF was this guy doing ? yet you blame just one ...you know exactly why 

photoIan Hudghton 
Group of the Greens/European Free Alliance
Constituency: Scotland
National party: Scottish National Party

Committee(s):
Member: Committee on Fisheries                             
Substitute: Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs
8 Old Glamis Road
Dundee
DD3 8HP

phone.png01382 623200
mail.pngian.hudghton@ep.europa.eu
website.pngwww.hudghtonmep.scot
ep-thumnail.pngBiographical details

I looked at the film of Farage, I cannot see what the complaint is. He says the issue in question was not even up for debate, not could be allowed to be debated, at the committee Farage is accused of not attending regularly.

Personally, I have regarded all the press and media as liars except when it suits them, ever since Enoch Powell's so called 'Rivers of Blood' speech when he he neither used that phrase nor intended to convey that message. Just another media establishment lie. Fake news is nothing new.

HOLA4425