House Price Crash Forum
macfarlan

Farage shows his true colours

I see Garage is now describing those he 'represented' as low grade people from lower slaughter, and moaning that his mp's salary made him much poorer than his banker friends. Now he moves.

Edited by macfarlan

48 minutes ago, StainlessSteelCat said:

Surprised it took that long to notice. Farage has spent a good chunk of his life as a politician complaining about other politicians.

And b!tching about the EU while happily suckling on the teat of the EU

Here's the link https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/nigel-farage-scathing-attack-ukip-low-grade-people

I don't really mind the guy, it's the suckers who fell for his bs and think he's some great hero I pity and loathe in equal measure

I can't argue with, or see the problem with, any of the sentiments he expresses in that Guardian article about his past.

Whether he can do the new role he sees, is another matter.

Edited by LiveinHope

He spent his entire political career trying to do something that would put him out of a job. 

He may be full of it like the rest of politicians - but this alone puts him above 99% of them. 

1 hour ago, ccc said:

He spent his entire political career trying to do something that would put him out of a job. 

He may be full of it like the rest of politicians - but this alone puts him above 99% of them. 

You think he really wanted Brexit?  Why do you think he was so eager to concede on the night?  He would have been happier if it was 52% Remain and then he could go back to his Brussels pulpit to bang on about how terrible the EU was.

1 hour ago, ccc said:

People nowadays don't listen to what politicians say, but rather what the media reports what they say. 'Fake news' is the current way the liberal media describe this, don't listen to the speeches of Farage/Trump but our true take of what they say.

...he said his £85,000-a-year salary had left him “poor”  “I have no regrets about being poor,” he said of his MEP’s salary. “I don’t drive smart cars, I don’t go on fancy holidays.

So he's on 85K, plus massive exes, from people he has made a career of rubbishing off, plus whatever he earns from his city job and he's too poor to do anything. I can't stand the bloke.

3 hours ago, Lovely Rum said:

he is a con man, and not a very good one at that

his car crash interview on lbc really exposed him as such but the kind of audience he appeals to are not interested in reality

I would argue the opposite, whatever he says the left vilify him, even when he talks sense, they're not interested in what he actually says. I saw the whole interview and he didn't come out as badly as you think, he was asked about things he hadn't actually said (like not wanting to live next door to Romanians - which if you bother to research he didn't say and he made it clear in the interview what he really said). The haters want to paint him as something he isn't, taking various quotes out of context or twisting them. I don't vote UKIP by the way,  I just think the left are as bad as the right, and just as intolerant.

5 hours ago, macfarlan said:

I see Garage is now describing those he 'represented' as low grade people from lower slaughter, and moaning that his mp's salary made him much poorer than his banker friends. Now he moves.

So he wasn't overly impressed with some elements of UKIP, so what?

2 minutes ago, simon99 said:

I would argue the opposite, whatever he says the left vilify him, even when he talks sense, they're not interested in what he actually says. I saw the whole interview and he didn't come out as badly as you think, he was asked about things he hadn't actually said (like not wanting to live next door to Romanians - which if you bother to research he didn't say and he made it clear in the interview what he really said). The haters want to paint him as something he isn't, taking various quotes out of context or twisting them. I don't vote UKIP by the way,  I just think the left are as bad as the right, and just as intolerant.

The question is what his personal motivation for being in politics is.  It's obviously not because he wants to take responsibility for anything.  He just wants to get his face on TV and shoot his mouth off with no concern for whether that he is saying is coherent or good for the country.

1 minute ago, simon99 said:

twisting facts to suit his arguments is his forté so in that sense he was hoisted by his own pertard.

i'm no fan of james o'brien but he did his homework and exposed gaping holes in monsieur farages position

Just now, thecrashingisles said:

The question is what his personal motivation for being in politics is.  It's obviously not because he wants to take responsibility for anything.  He just wants to get his face on TV and shoot his mouth off with no concern for whether that he is saying is coherent or good for the country.

I'm sure you know best. I am amazed at the hate directed towards him having never seen him say anything outrageous, if you can enlighten me with any evidence I will be happy to review my position, I've asked many haters to do this but no one has mustered anything yet.

Every time I see him spouting off, I find myself agreeing with him, his enemies always come up with virulent arguments, bit I always find myself thinking they are deluded.

UKIP as a party are hopeless, if they get their act together before the next election they could seriously dent labour.

A lot of middle class educated people in this country do not understand simple economics, a lot of them are trained in economics.

Will Self was terrible on QT , but obviously thought he was gods gift. The labour bloke just spouted out the usual political dross, LM and the other Torry  just sucked up to each other, but at least recognised brexit has to happen.

Farage comments get twisted into what seems like extremism by any one who disagrees with him. This doesn't really help answer peoples concerns.

Farage was right about brexit and right about Trump, he says the financial Ponzi and EU will collapse.

9 minutes ago, frederico said:

Every time I see him spouting off, I find myself agreeing with him, his enemies always come up with virulent arguments, bit I always find myself thinking they are deluded.

UKIP as a party are hopeless, if they get their act together before the next election they could seriously dent labour.

A lot of middle class educated people in this country do not understand simple economics, a lot of them are trained in economics.

Will Self was terrible on QT , but obviously thought he was gods gift. The labour bloke just spouted out the usual political dross, LM and the other Torry  just sucked up to each other, but at least recognised brexit has to happen.

Farage comments get twisted into what seems like extremism by any one who disagrees with him. This doesn't really help answer peoples concerns.

Farage was right about brexit and right about Trump, he says the financial Ponzi and EU will collapse.

You sum it up pretty much how I see it. It's the sanctimonious left sneering attitude which turned many people off the Remain arguments.

17 minutes ago, simon99 said:

I'm sure you know best. I am amazed at the hate directed towards him having never seen him say anything outrageous, if you can enlighten me with any evidence I will be happy to review my position, I've asked many haters to do this but no one has mustered anything yet.

Personally I don't like him - I think he has been bad for UKIP - but so many people think he is worse than Blair, despite the Iraq war which amazes me.

It seems to be socially unacceptable to agree with Farage, but a lot of people do, especially outside London.

On QT he said that while we faff about over A50, another net 500000 will arrive and we will pay several billion more to the EU.

I then watched a programmer about Victoria coach station, they have polish translators. The whole thing is out of control.

31 minutes ago, simon99 said:

He's a demagogue who does nothing to improve the position of the people who have given him celebrity and influence.  A wrecker not a fixer.

3 minutes ago, frederico said:
11 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Personally I don't like him - I think he has been bad for UKIP - but so many people think he is worse than Blair, despite the Iraq war which amazes me.

How has he been bad for UKIP? We voted to leave the EU, that was their aim, and they did it. The left despise him so much because he achieved this goal and talks a lot of sense which they can't counter, that's why they try and rubbish him all the time, it's all they can do.

1 minute ago, thecrashingisles said:

He's a demagogue who does nothing to improve the position of the people who have given him celebrity and influence.  A wrecker not a fixer.

I see, that proves it then.

5 minutes ago, simon99 said:

How has he been bad for UKIP? We voted to leave the EU, that was their aim, and they did it. The left despise him so much because he achieved this goal and talks a lot of sense which they can't counter, that's why they try and rubbish him all the time, it's all they can do.

Well a lot of MEPs and activists have left in the 12 years and blamed him for it.

16 minutes ago, simon99 said:

I see, that proves it then.

If you want something more concrete, why not scrutinise Farage's actions as an MEP where he was elected to serve his constituents interests.  Look at his record on the fisheries committee for example:

http://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/sea-bass-jan-2016/

Indeed, it was British recreational sea bass anglers who first alerted me in September 2014 that bass stocks in our waters are in a state of crisis. Some emergency measures were introduced last year to alleviate this threat, but catches were still too high – around four times higher than sustainable levels. That’s why the European Commission proposed new emergency measures which would see a ban on catching sea bass during the six key spawning months for the species.

But the Commission can only propose, it doesn’t decide. National ministers, meeting in the Council, take the decision. And they, including the UK’s George Eustice, watered down the Commission’s proposals — putting in exemptions for commercial fishing using hooks and lines and set gillnets (which accounted for 48% of total sea bass landings last year). The exemptions will allow such fishers to catch more than one tonne of bass each in four out of the six spawning months. This is a hugely short-sighted decision and threatens to damage the future of the industry as well as the conservation of the species.

Never one to shy away from attacking the wrong target, Nigel Farage raised this in a parliamentary debate yesterday, blaming the the European Commission for the ministers’ decision. Despite being an MEP for 17 years, he either has no idea how decisions are taken — or else he is cynically trying to blame the Commissioners for a decision he knows had nothing to do with them. Of course, Nigel has previously revealed the low importance he attaches to fishing issues by attending only 1 out of 42 meeting of the European Parliament Fisheries Committee in the two and a half years he was a member. Only if he thinks there is an opportunity to attack the EU does he suddenly appear concerned.

7 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

Well a lot of MEPs and activists have left in the 12 years and blamed him for it.

Ok, but he still achieved what the party set out to do.