House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Selfish baby boomers with hugely expensive houses moaning about traffic fines

It reminds me of the old bag who nearly run myself and daughter over on a zebra crossing before parking a few metres down the road. When I asked her why she didn't stop it was because she lived in the area!

Drivers of all ages and circumstances will get caught out by that one.  There doesn't seem to be a sign warning of a camera but maybe that's elsewhere outside of shot.

So if you're not aware of the closure you drive up to the "bollards" and read all the signs including the "Give Way" sign (the restriction might be time limited and you could be outside the time limit so ok to proceed) - it mean slowing right down or even stopping and if you want to avoid the fine you have to reverse to give yourself enough room to do a 3 point U-turn then find another route?  

If there's a car, bus or a lorry etc behind you you get them to reverse as well and all the vehicles behind them?

Crazy stuff but typical of UK 2016 and the bureaucratic wonderland - they could at least have put some zig zag lines in and some coloured tarmac patches to further line the pockets of the cronies at the same time. 

Edited by billybong

Drive past 2 signs with a car inside a red circle, guess what happens? I have an older relative who refuses to slow down if the council reduces the speed limit on roads he's regularly used for decades, 'but I've always driven this speed on this road, I'm not changing now'.

I was highlighting the discrepancy between the unearned value in their houses against a driving fine. Their problems are a fraction those of later generations, those with bus and bike commutes and children to worry about, for whom traffic control measures may actually be welcome.

Edited by Si1

4 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Drive past 2 signs with a car inside a red circle, guess what happens? I have an older relative who refuses to slow down if the council reduces the speed limit on roads he's regularly used for decades, 'but I've always driven this speed on this road, I'm not changing now'.

This. The elderly aren't special flowers with different rules to the rest of us.

Poo poo. Now heavy footed Surbitonians have to budget for freezers full of corn fed veal, not milk fed.

The majority of sales in Surbiton during the last year were flats, selling for an average price of £393,504. Semi-detached properties sold for an average of £669,470, with terraced properties fetching £554,187.

Who cares about these rich d1cks?