House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scunnered

Pope Francis: Fake news is like getting sexually aroused by faeces

The 'fake news' thing being discussed in the MSM is frankly pretty much the dead and distrusted MSM finally jumping the shark.

Seriously, it's like this bloke solemnly warning us all some people are inflating their qualifications slightly on job applications so be on the look out.

walter-mitty-hunters-club-280-body-image

See, I didn't believe this.  Sounded like fake news to me.  Then it turns out that he did say it.  Makes me wonder about all the other 'fake news' I've discounted...

23 minutes ago, dgul said:

See, I didn't believe this.  Sounded like fake news to me.  Then it turns out that he did say it.  Makes me wonder about all the other 'fake news' I've discounted...

Disturbingly if you accept the parallel universes theory to solve the grandfather paradox, then there is somewhere a parallel universe where our fake news is true; and their fake news is our true news.

Isn't this feigned 'concern' about fake news odd, coming from sites and news outlets that peddle lies non stop. Their concerns have only come to the fore recently - how odd.