House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mikhail Liebenstein

How do you see Theresa May?

She's fine.

Still a well meaning misandrical old man-hater IMO,  but doing a pretty good job of the Brexit thing so far (she hasn't managed to do / say anything really stupid yet..  she seems to be a pretty stable hand at the helm).

A scared old lady, take a look at her meeting with the polish PM last week outside no10, she was shaking like a leaf,

and also on the Marr show desperate when speaking and trying to discourage any hardline questioning on Brexit.

Very quick to rule out a points based immigration system that the people voted for, in the days following the result, she is a stooge playing for time.

I see her as a nasty big state authoritarian devoid of any fresh ideas. I was genuinely gutted when she won the leadership race by default.

She appears to have a certain forcefulness of personality which is one of the reasons for her comparison with Thatcher.

So far she hasn't really done anything, though. We voted to leave the EU and nothing much has happened yet (getting impatient now), so the day of reckoning has yet to come.

Still not sure whether to trust her over the EU. She says abandoning government by unelected committee as part of a disintegrating bloc of failed economies means abandoning government by unelected committee as part of a disintegrating bloc of failed economies, bit until I see action rather than words I'll reserve judgement.

She should shave her head and put Christmassy LEDs on it like the Borg Queen.

She has not got an easy job.....I would say she has a near impossible job, but better than most.....early days so I am not judging her either way......depends how easy she can be influenced, how strong and brave she is.....only time will tell.....I wish her well.;)

10 hours ago, workingpoor said:

A scared old lady, take a look at her meeting with the polish PM last week outside no10, she was shaking like a leaf,

and also on the Marr show desperate when speaking and trying to discourage any hardline questioning on Brexit.

Very quick to rule out a points based immigration system that the people voted for, in the days following the result, she is a stooge playing for time.

She has this rather unnerving vacant gaze and the smile is very forced, she rarely focuses on the interviewer or the audience (probably a defensive mechanism to shut out the world). Clearly someone who is struggling in social situations and I would imagine she would be difficult to get on with.

Thought this might make her unpopular, but actually she is otherwise doing a pretty damn good job in the circumstances and she certainly doesn't appear to be prone to saying anything controversial. With Leadsom we got paedogate, mothergate and a whole gamut of goodies in just a few hours, it could have been very embarrassing letting her loose on the top job.

Have to say she is far more attractive than Thatcher, at the same age, and certainly more presentable than Merkel and Hillary Clinton. At least she wears a skirt and not a forever ''pant suit''.

9 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

458265-home-secretary-theresa-may-walks-

She always dresses and has the vibe of a villain from Doctor Who.

9 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Have to say she is far more attractive than Thatcher, at the same age, and certainly more presentable than Merkel and Hillary Clinton.

You need to go to the optician. She looks like a cadaver.

4 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Just your sort then!:huh:

1 minute ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Well given the choice of Hillary Clinton, Angel Merkel, a 1984 vintage Margaret Thatcher (at the same age)  or Thereas May...no contest for me.

3 minutes ago, winkie said:

Who cares what anyone looks like....sometimes the suave and sophisticated are the most sly and devious.

Not vision or sound but action. ;)

It's only cos she's a woman. Nobody cares what a bloke looks like!

3 minutes ago, winkie said:

Who cares what anyone looks like....sometimes the suave and sophisticated are the most sly and devious.

Not vision or sound but action. ;)

Well I agree, but so far the most noteworthy thing she has done is pass the Investigatory Powers Act 2016, a law to oppress the populace. So while i'm not a fan of her looks, her actions are worse and of far more concern.