House Price Crash Forum

Christmas Lights

winkie

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I did actually drive past this, at the time, and it the photo doesn't really do justice to how awful it looked. I only noticed it because I thought it was fly tipping.

235C3B7900000578-0-image-1_1416584228943

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844338/What-ChristMESS-tree-Festive-fir-town-square-completely-covered-gaudy-bows-ribbons-sparking-anger-residents.html

Edit to add: Where is the, now traditional, British winter wonderland attraction sh1tfest this year?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
9 minutes ago, SNACR said:

In your car window?

Is it a jewish dogging thing?

Actually I have a plastic Ganesh in the car.

HOLA447
24 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I did actually drive past this, at the time, and it the photo doesn't really do justice to how awful it looked. I only noticed it because I thought it was fly tipping.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2844338/What-ChristMESS-tree-Festive-fir-town-square-completely-covered-gaudy-bows-ribbons-sparking-anger-residents.html

Edit to add: Where is the, now traditional, British winter wonderland attraction sh1tfest this year?

That's just anti aesthetic. At least he tried.   

HOLA448
HOLA449
3 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Is my spam Allah crossing a line?

Pork pork and more pork. Carving Allah out of Spam is certainly controversial.:mellow:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
25 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Pork pork and more pork. Carving Allah out of Spam is certainly controversial.:mellow:

Agreed - let's carve out a life-size model of my nob instead.

I'll just pop down the Co-op and get another twelve tins of Spam...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4412
4 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

I just use a single 4lb catering sized tin.

51l2RhgPbbL.jpg

You realise everyone else's nob hasn't got twelve separate bits? - you should probably seek medical advice.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
7 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Eeww. I suppose we could wrap tinsel and lights round it, pass it off as the North Pole and get santa and his elves to pay homage 

HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Eeww. I suppose we could wrap tinsel and lights round it, pass it off as the North Pole and get santa and his elves to pay homage 

Mmm, I have to admit, pretty substantial, and rapid, thread drift, even by off topic standards.

HOLA4416
8 minutes ago, SNACR said:

You realise everyone else's nob hasn't got twelve separate bits? - you should probably seek medical advice.

6 minutes ago, MrPin said:

An accident with an egg slicer?

Howay lads - Spam's just like Plasticine..!

Squash it all up, and roll it around in your hands for a while. Before long, it all sticks together - and turns a deep-shade of brown...

XYY

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Mmm, I have to admit, pretty substantial, and rapid, thread drift, even by off topic standards.

Hey I take umbrage with that.  I brought it back on topic by referring to tinsel and lights.  And santa and his/her elves are a significant part of Christmas. To be fair, I can't find reference to santa in the bible. Was he a pagan god per chance? 

Now, that would really be topic drift :) 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Hannukah is at Christmas this year.:mellow:. I'm not actually a Rabbi. In fact I'm not very religious. All religions have a Winter Festival.

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Hannukah is at Christmas this year.:mellow:. I'm not actually a Rabbi. In fact I'm not very religious. All religions have a Winter Festival.

Can't remember all these manorahs in windows in the past. I did indeed assume that there was a  Jewish connection until recently. Now we have Peak Manorah, even the neighbour has got one, l have no such confusion. 

HOLA4421

http://www.absolutelymatanot.co.uk/chanukah_1/menorah_chanukiah

Jewish tat shop.

I think everyone can have one if they want.

Festival of tat, here we come. There are some over the top illuminations in my street.:o

I particularly don't get the significance of illuminated inflatable penguins.

HOLA4422
12 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Can't remember all these manorahs in windows in the past. I did indeed assume that there was a  Jewish connection until recently. Now we have Peak Manorah, even the neighbour has got one, l have no such confusion. 

I've not noticed any recent upsurge; there have always been a few around but as just another Christmas decoration choice rather than any specific Jewish connection.

Dragging the topic kicking and screaming back to the topic the village of Angarrack near Hayle lights the whole village with a twelve days of Christmas theme which they accumulated over twelve years; very impressive.

Mousehole near Penzance comes in a close second and has the advantage of a harbour to light.

HOLA4423
On Monday, December 05, 2016 at 7:57 PM, SNACR said:

here you go... http://dailym.ai/2gqOpuy

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, spunko2010 said:

here you go... http://dailym.ai/2gqOpuy

That's weird I had a 12 mile walk yesterday from home and came across guys dismantling the Market on the edge of Bakewell in the muddy field after descending from the peaks. Tbh we haven't had that much rain lately and none in the run up to the fair. Basically it is a perma water meadow, bad idea to start with. Small world innit. 

Also a wonder anybody found it, out on a limb at the edge of the town, on a dead end country lane that ends up as a cart track into the hills.

HOLA4425
2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I've not noticed any recent upsurge; there have always been a few around but as just another Christmas decoration choice rather than any specific Jewish connection.

Dragging the topic kicking and screaming back to the topic the village of Angarrack near Hayle lights the whole village with a twelve days of Christmas theme which they accumulated over twelve years; very impressive.

Mousehole near Penzance comes in a close second and has the advantage of a harbour to light.

Can't honestly remember any going back a few years. May be regional dependent, probably plenty in Golders Green.

There again we are back in the dark ages here. Our idea of a Christmas Market is sticking folk in a muddy field...see above.

Archived