House Price Crash Forum

Who do people trust the most?

ChewingGrass

HOLA441
HOLA442
4 hours ago, richc said:

My sister-in-law is a nurse.  She's very nice and means well.  She's also a pathological liar, of middling intelligence, and a serial philanderer (or the female version thereof) who at one point was sleeping with my other sister-in-law's husband.  I don't really trust nurses.  

Family Christmas round your gaff must be a hoot!

HOLA443

Years ago, 'Horizon' did a doc titled something like 'How Honest is Britain?'

They had shopkeepers giving change for a higher banknote. People were more likely to point out the error if it was a family run shop than if it was a chain.

They sent cheques to various businesses 'in payment for an outstanding invoice'. Used car businesses returned a higher % of those cheques than the clergy.

They dropped unsealed stamped and addressed envelopes containing a birthday card and a £5 note. An edge of the £5 note would be visible. Guess which part of Britain posted the most envelopes? Yep, Toxteth, Liverpool.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
8 hours ago, Steppenpig said:

The older I get, the more respect I have for teachers.

After not enjoying my actual experience of being taught, and now going through my kids going to school and partner working at school, my opinion of teachers is mixed.

Some are Saints and hard workers. Its less dealing with the kids, its more dealing with a good 20% of the parents and the other teachers.

A good 30% on average; 80% in some schools are useless.

The more exposed I am to teaching and its successes, the more I think they need to be designing out teachers/chalk+talk from the education systems and moving to a more a tutorial/guided study solution.

HOLA448

Archived