House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChewingGrass

Who do people trust the most?

Top 6 in the list from Ipsos Mori are Nurses, Doctors, Teachers,Judges, Scientists & Police, with the bottom 6 (the most untrustworthy) being Bankers, Business Leaders, Estate Agents, Journalists, Government Ministers and Politicians Generally.

The surprise on is that the plebs surveyed view TV Newsreaders hugely more trustworthy than Jornalists which shows how successfully TV brainwashed the respondents are.

who-do-people-trust-the-most-trust-chart

http://www.cityam.com/254907/these-professions-we-trust-most-and-least-post-truth-world

I'm struggling to think of any group, collective or class of people that I could say that I generally trust. There are a few brands that I trust to consistently make good quality products but that's about it.

Nurses and Drs? Really?

As I get older and more experienced, I only really give respect to jbs where theres a perform or die aspect to it i.e. do a good job or you are sacked. None of the public sector meets that criteria. Im not saying thats theres no good Drs, nurses, techers, just that they work in a bubble where they are not subject tom much in the way performance metrics. Most of the metrics in the public sector tend to be around brown nosing.

Police? Really avoid them full stop. They are bent. That comes from numerous people, including my brother who lasted 5 years as a copper.

Pin. But Pin is just a mirror.:huh:

I think I know what's wrong with that list. It claims to represent 'trust', but when you ask the public questions, they almost always answer a different question. 

The question they answered was : "Who do you think means well?"

Religious leaders,  really?

Surely lying about sun gods and sky fairies is a fundamental part of the job?!

why would you trust someone who lies for a living (unless, I suppose, you think they believe their own BS..  but then I'm not sure that makes them better people to trust)

12 minutes ago, libspero said:

Religious leaders,  really?

Surely lying about sun gods and sky fairies is a fundamental part of the job?!

why would you trust someone who lies for a living (unless, I suppose, you think they believe their own BS..  but then I'm not sure that makes them better people to trust)

Amen to that.

Atheists should be top of the list. Everyone else is just a loon.

2 hours ago, ChewingGrass said:

Top 6 in the list from Ipsos Mori are Nurses, Doctors, Teachers,Judges, Scientists & Police, with the bottom 6 (the most untrustworthy) being Bankers, Business Leaders, Estate Agents, Journalists, Government Ministers and Politicians Generally.

The surprise on is that the plebs surveyed view TV Newsreaders hugely more trustworthy than Jornalists which shows how successfully TV brainwashed the respondents are.

who-do-people-trust-the-most-trust-chart

http://www.cityam.com/254907/these-professions-we-trust-most-and-least-post-truth-world

According to the poll, most people would distrust the poll.

55 minutes ago, libspero said:

sun gods

Go on, we're waiting.  This promises to get interesting.

41 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Amen to that.

Atheists should be top of the list. Everyone else is just a loon.

"Amen"?  Seriously?

John Locke would like a quiet word with you.

So would Fred Hoyle:  "nonsense of a high order".

I trust anyone carrying a toc h lamp.  Given that the only people who ever mention such a thing can only  be found on the ot forum, by extension I trust the judgement of the ot massive 

1 hour ago, Qetesuesi said:

Go on, we're waiting.  This promises to get interesting.

Well,  here's a list if you want..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_deities

My main point is that they're all works of fiction.. like wider religion generally.  Thus why would you trust someone who deliberately misrepresents fiction as fact?

4 hours ago, spyguy said:

Nurses and Drs? Really?

As I get older and more experienced, I only really give respect to jbs where theres a perform or die aspect to it i.e. do a good job or you are sacked. None of the public sector meets that criteria. Im not saying thats theres no good Drs, nurses, techers, just that they work in a bubble where they are not subject tom much in the way performance metrics. Most of the metrics in the public sector tend to be around brown nosing.

Police? Really avoid them full stop. They are bent. That comes from numerous people, including my brother who lasted 5 years as a copper.

My sister-in-law is a nurse.  She's very nice and means well.  She's also a pathological liar, of middling intelligence, and a serial philanderer (or the female version thereof) who at one point was sleeping with my other sister-in-law's husband.  I don't really trust nurses.  

1 hour ago, richc said:

Is it possible for a metaphor to be true?

I usually think of metaphors as being like imagery,  they provide context where direct explaination is difficult or complicated.

If you have to use a non literal example then I guess a metaphor is necessarily not directly true.

Why do you ask?

29 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

Don't trust me. I don't.

Which position would you like in my government?:mellow:

The untrustworthy should run the Earth!

Pin. Say it three times, if you dare!:lol: