House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Big Bells

Hopefully it will not close, someone can save it.... it can't be closing through lack of business surely.... great pictures....ding,dong, bell. ;)

I used to walk past the shop, and in my immodesty, thought I would buy one if I had enough money, just to annoy the neighbours!:o

The land the foundry sits on is probably worth far more than the business.  It will probably be sold, knocked down and flats for wealth city folk built in its place.

5 minutes ago, Imp said:

The land the foundry sits on is probably worth far more than the business.  It will probably be sold, knocked down and flats for wealth city folk built in its place.

If it's bad for bells, Pin feels pain. Wealthy "city folk" should clean my toilet"

12 minutes ago, Imp said:

You cynic, you.  But I agree, nothing is sacred and all must be sacrificed on the money alter.  Price of everything and the value of nothing as the saying goes.

on a lighter note (pun intended), i recently did the tour of the queen Elizabeth tower.  The clock mechanism was a wonder.  The size of a room and made a terrific noise when the bell chimed with all the pull-ups, weights and air brakes springing into action.

we then stood under Big Ben as it struck 12.

l

2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

You cynic, you.  But I agree, nothing is sacred and all must be sacrificed on the money alter.  Price of everything and the value of nothing as the saying goes.

on a lighter note (pun intended), i recently did the tour of the queen Elizabeth tower.  The clock mechanism was a wonder.  The size of a room and made a terrific noise when the bell chimed with all the pull-ups, weights and air brakes springing into action.

we then stood under Big Ben as it struck 12.

l

When the Piniverse comes, we can enjoy bigger Ben!

1 hour ago, Imp said:

With bell motif detailing and a blue plaque.

4 minutes ago, dgul said:

With bell motif detailing and a blue plaque.

A bit like "Abattoir Towers" near me!

Bell ringing creates a great thirst, and beer is good. I used to frequent the holy pub near the Bishop's palace in Croydon. Full of thirsty campanologists!