House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

200p

Christmas 2016 advert

Got to say it doesn't feel much like a Christmas advert. It's certainly modern, futurist and minimalist. A bit of a downer for me, but might appeal to a younger cohort that will spend, I wouldn't have spent anything there anyway.

To be honest I don't like any of the Christmas ads......makes me feel fat, gluttonous,and is excessive, OTT.....nothing about what they are selling gives me a feel of Christmas spirit.....is it just me?

Wonder if these marketing and advertising people have just gone a tad too far......the more they push it onto you the more you restrain or rein in?.......less is more, simple is best. :)

I have a strange desire to buy sofas.:huh:

Well it looks like their sofas get a lot of use.

B&M for me chaps.  The jingle at the end of the ad is better than the original Bostons more than a feeling!

Didn't John Lewis have some trendy young songbird do a pretentious interpretation of Frankie's 'Power of Love', for a previous Christmas ad soundtrack.

I was hoping they might have Ellie Goulding, fresh from Royal degaying duties, do Frankie's 'Relax'.

3 hours ago, happy_renting said:

What Would Jesus Buy?

Fishes and loaves.

Don't you read your friggin' Bible..?

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

10 minutes ago, One-percent said:

No need to buy, he would turn the tap, fill the bottle and turn it into wine.  He can come round ours anytime

Very preachy, I've heard.

19 hours ago, ChewingGrass said:

Its all getting excessively bourgeois for me these days. Find it quite off-putting. At the other end of the scale the iceland one almost makes me feel like chucking.

The Amazon one makes me feel like that.

19 hours ago, ThePiltdownMan said:

How can people watch TV? if I had to see this every hour it would absolutely drive me mad

Over 2 years without watching TV - never going back to it. YouTube, NetFlix, and The Great Courses in combination have more good quality and interesting programming than Celebrity Wife Swap on Ice or whatever people are watching these days.

We pretty much just watch cartoon network on live TV. Netflix, on demand, Amazon prime, YouTube and kodi for everything else.

Spoilt for choice really.