House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rahhhh

streetwatch

I have just seen istreetwatch.co.uk

it is not a laughing matter - but some of the comments seem beyond parody

"So I was shopping in Waitrose with wife's black son and then suddenly a bald fat man with a "Brexit" T-shirt starting ranting "I want Britain to be about British" and "Immigrants ain't welcome 'ere anymore, Brexit! Are Nige! Are Nige! Vote UKIP!" and I just got so triggered I snapped at him and said "Britain was always a multicultural nation of immigrants, Nigel Farage is a pound shop Enoch Powell whose politics are built on fear! I love my wife's black son! And we need more black people here!" The racist man was visibly shaken and ran out the shop dropping his Stella Artois and deep-fried Mars bars on the way 
Did anyone speak up or offer support?
Yes, everyone cheered and started clapping :-)
Aylesbury Vale District"

A black, heavily accented man working the till in a large supermarket started a conversation with me about how it was now cheaper for tourists to come visit Britain and more expensive for us to travel abroad. A man in the queue behind me interrupted to say "Brexit was the best thing we ever done in the last 5 years." I think he meant to bully an obvious immigrant who was at work and alone and would hardly have been in a position to argue. I said I couldn't disagree more and said I was an immigrant (I'm American, but not obviously foreign-born). The Brexiteer puffed up his chest and went red in the face and said we should both just go home. 
I did, but couldn't do much. The man working the till was desperate to smoothe things over because he was at work, and when he shot me anguished looks, I stopped arguing.
Stevenage

my son walked up street behind a couple in Nottm singing: 'you're going home, you're going home, you're all going home'. Source: Post Ref Racism
Nottingham

it's funny... Someone posted something on my facebook about a female taxi driver in the US being harrangued by '2 drunk, white, Trump supporters'. The story was obviously just made up ********, but still attracted hundreds of comments of sympathy. It's mental.

There are some real comments of racism, but they seem to be being ignored. If that site is a representation of what the police are receiving it is understandable as they must have to wade through so much crap

"I applied for a job picking cabbages at the local farm but they told me I was too English and therefore bone idle and not wanted. I felt triggered by this hate crime and complained to the police who just echoed the farmers comments"

I'll update the forum if it gets approved!

"I tried to enter Dartford mosque the day after the referendum but was called a harlot and impure by the patrons. They told me that women aren't allowed inside unless covered head to toe in black sheets and certainly not without being accompanied by their husband post brexit. Prior to the referendum I was welcomed with open arms - even that one time when I was wearing my bikini"

7 hours ago, rahhhh said:

I have just seen istreetwatch.co.uk

it is not a laughing matter - but some of the comments seem beyond parody

"So I was shopping in Waitrose with wife's black son and then suddenly a bald fat man with a "Brexit" T-shirt starting ranting "I want Britain to be about British" and "Immigrants ain't welcome 'ere anymore, Brexit! Are Nige! Are Nige! Vote UKIP!" and I just got so triggered I snapped at him and said "Britain was always a multicultural nation of immigrants, Nigel Farage is a pound shop Enoch Powell whose politics are built on fear! I love my wife's black son! And we need more black people here!" The racist man was visibly shaken and ran out the shop dropping his Stella Artois and deep-fried Mars bars on the way 
Yes, everyone cheered and started clapping :-)
Aylesbury Vale District"

So, following up from the recent mcD thread (perhaps the two should be merged), what isle in Waitrose will I be able to find deep fried mars bars?

Never heard of that site before, just had a look. 

It's basically virtue signalling central, looking at London and specifically where I live no reports at all from all the classic immigrant areas, the odd few from the middle class enclaves dotted around. 

Best one so far, so basically they did exactly the thing the person was doing in the first place.

Man staring aggressively and ostentatiously at immigrant family as they walked to school - mother wearing headscarf and 3 small children. He was standing 1-2 metres from them on the edge of the street as they passed on the pavement, staring at them one by one as they passed. 
I stopped and stared at him
London Borough of Tower Hamlets

or this sort of ********, you know because it's only white people who are racist

"I don't want no Muslims around here I hate you". I'm Sikh so I shouted that to him and he said "Okay I love you then". It was odd because he was a mixed race black guy so I'd have thought he knows what it's like to get racially abused but clearly not.

32 minutes ago, gilf said:

Never heard of that site before, just had a look. 

It's basically virtue signalling central, looking at London and specifically where I live no reports at all from all the classic immigrant areas, the odd few from the middle class enclaves dotted around. 

Best one so far, so basically they did exactly the thing the person was doing in the first place.

Man staring aggressively and ostentatiously at immigrant family as they walked to school - mother wearing headscarf and 3 small children. He was standing 1-2 metres from them on the edge of the street as they passed on the pavement, staring at them one by one as they passed. 
I stopped and stared at him
London Borough of Tower Hamlets

or this sort of ********, you know because it's only white people who are racist

"I don't want no Muslims around here I hate you". I'm Sikh so I shouted that to him and he said "Okay I love you then". It was odd because he was a mixed race black guy so I'd have thought he knows what it's like to get racially abused but clearly not.

Sikhs hate muslims.

They really do.

Andrew Lloyd Webber is complaining that some ethnic minorities are grossly underrepresented in the graduates from UK drama schools, which are 'hideously white', a phrase the BBC R4 has repeated.

Disproportionately white, perhaps, but I find the phrase 'hidously white' offensive and racist.

35 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

Andrew Lloyd Webber is complaining that some ethnic minorities are grossly underrepresented in the graduates from UK drama schools, which are 'hideously white', a phrase the BBC R4 has repeated.

Disproportionately white, perhaps, but I find the phrase 'hidously white' offensive and racist.

I believe it was the then boss of the BBC who coined the term 'hideously white' when describing the majority of his subordinates, maybe 10 years ago. Could have been the white bald one, or the white one with the silly goatee, not sure which.

28 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

The problem here is most of the time people who say this sort of stuff, do live in a bit of a London bubble. When you live in London it's not unreasonable to look around you and think that the UK is truly multicultural but the reality is it really isn't percentage wise. 

When this stuff comes up and you look at the stats you tend to find that they are not underrepresented at all, or it's extremely difficult to get right. The UK population is 87% white, in a class of 10 people more than a single person from a minority doesn't represent reality. 

If anything I'd say ethnic minorities are over represented in the media/entertainment arena (not a good or bad thing)

1 minute ago, newbonic said:

I believe it was the then boss of the BBC who coined the term 'hideously white' when describing the majority of his subordinates, maybe 10 years ago. Could have been the white bald one, or the white one with the silly goatee, not sure which.

Was he white?

56 minutes ago, happy_renting said:

You should post your distressing encounter with Andrew Lloyd Webber on streetwatch

I hope you get the psychological support your trauma merits

1 hour ago, knock out johnny said:

You should post your distressing encounter with Andrew Lloyd Webber on streetwatch

I hope you get the psychological support your trauma merits

Now you've triggered me.

At least someone in Dumfries has a sense of humour :lol:

Bradfords is pretty good as well, somebody wasn't paying too much attention when that was published.

Now I can't make my mind up whether the site is or isn't mean to be p_take.

Edit to add Bradford.

38 minutes ago, SirGaz said:

At least someone in Dumfries has a sense of humour :lol:

Bradfords is pretty good as well, somebody wasn't paying too much attention when that was published.

Now I can't make my mind up whether the site is or isn't mean to be p_take.

Edit to add Bradford.

Just heard a news piece on the radio while I was driving home, mentioning about the run up to Christmas anti drink driving campaign. Mentioned Bradford has the lowest amount of drink drivers. Well I never, really?

10 hours ago, Reebo said:

Just heard a news piece on the radio while I was driving home, mentioning about the run up to Christmas anti drink driving campaign. Mentioned Bradford has the lowest amount of drink drivers. Well I never, really?

With the highest percentage doing scam insurance crashes - and dealing drugs & grooming young white girls. Bradford's got alot going for it, really.