House Price Crash Forum

Maybe fast food isn't that life threatening afterall

One-percent

HOLA441
HOLA442
1 minute ago, One-percent said:

As per title, the inventor of the Big Mac has just died aged 98

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38162497/inventor-of-the-big-mac-dies-aged-98

suggests that either it isn't too detrimental to health or he didn't consume his own product 

I just consumed his product. I've now got some really bad McFarts.

HOLA443
HOLA444
8 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Are you dead yet? No?  Proof that it doesn't kill you.  Your family and friends might want to though if you persist with the McFarts :blink:

I'm just slipping them out and blaming the dog :P

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
8 minutes ago, ccc said:

My only fast food choice when I get the urge is KFC. Think it's the 'cleanest' of the bunch.

I wait to be corrected !!

Also the tastiest of the bunch, with the possible exception of the Aberdeen Angus burger from Burger King with is rather nice.

I have a big pig out in a fast food joint maybe once or twice a year. I shudder to think what state I'd be in if I was gorging on it a couple of times a week. 

HOLA448

I do about once a week. Don't think it's a big deal if you look at the % of weekly food it makes up. 5% or so ? 

The human body is pretty adaptable.

The folk that do it every day though. 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
33 minutes ago, ccc said:

I do about once a week. Don't think it's a big deal if you look at the % of weekly food it makes up. 5% or so ? 

The human body is pretty adaptable.

The folk that do it every day though. 

Actually I've just realized I'm full of shite as I get a foot long Subway about once a week, which I guess counts as fast food. 

Good thing about Subway meal is you can get a black coffee with it, vs the burger joints that give you a bucket of soft drink which can't be terribly good for you.

I really want a burger or something now after all this discussion, but it's too late and I can't be arsed going out. Burger drone, anyone?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Nope can't really be bothered :)

Plenty in Kuala Lumpur but none around here.

There was one stunning black burd with an amazing body and wee freckles on her face I was tempted by - my hotel was miles away si that saved me.

If it had been around the corner my willpower would have evaporated d 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
3 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I'm off for one now. I'm assured the treatment of chickens in Malaysia is second to none :)

To be fair I did go past one on the train and it seemed ok. The big sheds were very open air - suppose they would have to be otherwise they would all die from the heat. And I doubt very much they would waste money on air con for them to be cooped up.

They will be killed in the halal chicken way whatever that is. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
4 hours ago, ccc said:

I'm off for one now. I'm assured the treatment of chickens in Malaysia is second to none :)

To be fair I did go past one on the train and it seemed ok. The big sheds were very open air - suppose they would have to be otherwise they would all die from the heat. And I doubt very much they would waste money on air con for them to be cooped up.

They will be killed in the halal chicken way whatever that is. 

Poes Law...?

HOLA4421
10 hours ago, workingpoor said:

I don't think a Big Mac is that bad if you analyse the contents? 

2 beef patties (good bit of protein)

Onions lettuce gherkins etc 

And a light toasted bun.

508 kcal 

Could do alot worse for lunch Prepacked Sandwich / crisps / bottle of coke meal deal for instance 

I'd say it's not that bad, not much worse than a Sandwich from many places. The problem of course is the addition of chips and drink it comes with, not that they are better or worse but the fact you turn a reasonable calorie count into a massive one. If it was your only meal of the day then that's fine, but I'd imagine for most people it won't be. 

HOLA4422

had a big mac last week, first one in ages.

Noted, the buns didnt reach the sides of the meat, there was a metallic taste you used to get only in the single burgers, and the dressing lacked any real punch on the palate.

wont be buying again.  The big mac used to satisfy in many ways...taste, mushy meatyness and drips to wipe up with the fries.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
8 minutes ago, Bloo Loo said:

had a big mac last week, first one in ages.

Noted, the buns didnt reach the sides of the meat, there was a metallic taste you used to get only in the single burgers, and the dressing lacked any real punch on the palate.

wont be buying again.  The big mac used to satisfy in many ways...taste, mushy meatyness and drips to wipe up with the fries.

Shrinkage..... ;)

HOLA4425

Archived