House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alba

What is going on with the road rage incident?

The BBC have been showing a road rage incident all day.

They keep saying the police are calling for witnesses, yet the guy that was violent and reversed into the lorry can be seen clearly on the video as can the number plate of his vehicle.  I would have thought they have more than sufficient evidence.  It seems odd!

I have seen the Video, i imagine the co-op lorry and the flat-bed truck had a set too along the route prior to the event? possibly went on for miles pulling out, overtaking and slowing down etc etc 

The flat-bed driver saw red and did what he did (which looked like multiple counts of attempted murder) 

But i agree it is hardly prominent prime time headline news? 

Which does beg the question what are they trying to destract from?  

The Axe Attacker (that can't be named) shot dead by Police in Hull city centre on tuesday morning? 

It is just clickbait.  They've got to at least suggest there is a reason for showing the 'people doing the funniest things' footage on the news, so they tell us it is about gathering evidence.

8 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is just clickbait.  They've got to at least suggest there is a reason for showing the 'people doing the funniest things' footage on the news, so they tell us it is about gathering evidence.

Not really clickbait if it is the headline story on the television news? 

The main headline in the evening news should have been "Axe wielding attacker (who cannot be named) shot dead by armed police in Hull city centre during morning rush hour" 

But it wasn't 

The headlines were M62 road rage incident & unknown Brazillian soccer team in aircrash tragedy. 

1 hour ago, happy_renting said:

I get the impression none of the parties involved came forward. So the police may want to know who was in the truck that was attacked.

It's a liveried Co-op wagon their traffic office will know exactly who was in that truck and I would think they also noticed its cab has been smashed off its mounts even if it didn't come back to the depot on a wrecker hook. The other guy could be a pikey with cloned plates though.

You never really get the full picture with what's gone on before with these road rage dash cam footage incidents.

10 hours ago, SNACR said:

It's a liveried Co-op wagon their traffic office will know exactly who was in that truck and I would think they also noticed its cab has been smashed off its mounts even if it didn't come back to the depot on a wrecker hook. The other guy could be a pikey with cloned plates though.

You never really get the full picture with what's gone on before with these road rage dash cam footage incidents.

I find this a bit wierd - all very Daily Mail.

I thought Pikey - any flat bed incident tends to be Green.

Then I was looking at the bloke and trying to work out if he looked a bit EE.

As a commentator on a local news site said recently - 'You dont see a british face on crimewatch'

If you watch the clip on YouTube you can nearly make out the reg no as it drives off (around 1:25 mark). Shouldn't be difficult to trace, but as people have pointed out it's probably fake.

Looks to me like its P254J__ with the last possibly being A?

1 hour ago, workingpoor said:

Stranger and stranger!  This was a BBC news all day and evening event some 19 days after the incident!

The number plate was clear to see as was the individual's face.  Why still no arrest two weeks later?

I still don't get it!

comment from clip

this happened 3 weeks ago and they have found the owner of the pick up truck but he wont tell them who was driving his vehicle as he is not obliged I say the police should arrest him and charge him with the crime I bet he would soon tell the police who was driving our laws are to soft and people take advantage of the loop holes I say rewrite the laws

26 minutes ago, 200p said:

comment from clip

this happened 3 weeks ago and they have found the owner of the pick up truck but he wont tell them who was driving his vehicle as he is not obliged I say the police should arrest him and charge him with the crime I bet he would soon tell the police who was driving our laws are to soft and people take advantage of the loop holes I say rewrite the laws

Just film him. Pick a campsite.

I did have a look a truck driving over 10 years ago. Read the books and all - but backed out because all the forums said it was not a good career with the long hours, and I have made up my mind that we would see computer driven trucks within 20 years.

I don't envy truck driving - not the long hours, as I could still listen to podcasts and learn lots and lots. But it's all the other people on the road who drive like lunatics.

Then there are the huge traffic jams when there's ever an accident (normally one a day on the M27). Then you have to park up and take your rest breaks or you are breaking the law - there are few rest stops/lay bys for articulated lorries.

And if you have to drive through Calais, you have the illegal stowaways to deal with or you get a big fine.

6 minutes ago, 200p said:

I did have a look a truck driving over 10 years ago. Read the books and all - but backed out because all the forums said it was not a good career with the long hours, and I have made up my mind that we would see computer driven trucks within 20 years.

I don't envy truck driving - not the long hours, as I could still listen to podcasts and learn lots and lots. But it's all the other people on the road who drive like lunatics.

Then there are the huge traffic jams when there's ever an accident (normally one a day on the M27). Then you have to park up and take your rest breaks or you are breaking the law - there are few rest stops/lay bys for articulated lorries.

And if you have to drive through Calais, you have the illegal stowaways to deal with or you get a big fine.

Luckily I'm able to scratch the itch of driving a big truck, whenever I fancy, without having to do it as an actual job as such.

lucky there wasnt a fork in the road, that could have been nasty....they dont like it up em.

I s

1 hour ago, 200p said:

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

Not just the lunatics, but those who really can't drive.

Today I had the amusement of witnessing a women in a multi-storey car park with her car hugging a pillar driving back and forward trying to get out and doing more and more damage.  I have no idea what she was doing - i think she had just lost it and was wrecking her car.

9 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I s

Today I had the amusement of witnessing a women in a multi-storey car park with her car hugging a pillar driving back and forward trying to get out and doing more and more damage.  I have no idea what she was doing - i think she had just lost it and was wrecking her car.

For some reason this made me laugh. 

Near me there is quite a narrow road with a couple of places where passing is possible. The locals know this, judge it and wait for the person coming the other way.  Occasionally you get a poor driver who does not judge the road and meets the car coming the other way with nowhere to pass. So, someone has to reverse. Some, even though they have far less of a reverse to do, refuse and expect the other driver to do a reverse manoeuvre of 100 yards when they might have about ten to twenty.  It is always either a young male trying to prove some point or a woman who seems to not be able to reverse

2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

For some reason this made me laugh. 

Near me there is quite a narrow road with a couple of places where passing is possible. The locals know this, judge it and wait for the person coming the other way.  Occasionally you get a poor driver who does not judge the road and meets the car coming the other way with nowhere to pass. So, someone has to reverse. Some, even though they have far less of a reverse to do, refuse and expect the other driver to do a reverse manoeuvre of 100 yards when they might have about ten to twenty.  It is always either a young male trying to prove some point or a woman who seems to not be able to reverse

Yes, same thing with the lane round me.  The worst situation is on the odd occasion when two lorries meet face to face, then they are into reversing for a km.

43 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I s

"Her" car:lol: