House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moneyfornothing

A second stab at Brexit

A hypothetical second referendum..  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Brexit has an economic cost, complexity and lower gdp / incomes / earnings in the short to medium term (Brexiteers knew this, remainers claim Brexiters didnt know this) .. So given a second chance what describes you best ?

• Voted Remain before .. will vote Remain again
    • Voted Brexit before , will vote Brexit again
    • Voted Remain before, will vote Brexit now
    • Voted Brexit before, will vote remain now

Given the discussions on the 'what happens next thread' I feel positions are entrenched on both sides.. Remainers claiming rightly of economic impacts and brexiters valuing other things before economic impact. 

If there were a second vote, presumably the people who were 'lied to' or 'misled' now have an opportunity to change their minds .. really ?

Edited by moneyfornothing

My theory is that inspite of all the rhetoric and roadblocks, or maybe even because of them, the leave side has gained votes 

A similar poll before brexit on hpc had the numbers 62 / 38 for brexit / remain .. lets see where this one ends up ..

15 minutes ago, council dweller said:

May and her team seem to be keeping it together well.

+1

Considering the poisoned baton she picked up, so far so good. SC next week, decision said to be after Xmas but who knows with all the noise? 

Although I am an EU national living here (Irish), I firmly believe that continued membership is contrary to the UK's best interests. 

An exit will re-engage the populace with the political process because they will demonstrably be able to influence events. It's also an opportunity to hold the political class to account. Finally the migration issue needs to be addressed, without the debate becoming mired in the race argument.

70% for brexit so far. What happened to all the remoaners on here ? I would of thought % remain would be higher... Looks like brexit is getting more popular as the weeks drag on.

It's an asinine argument that Brexit is bad because there will be short-term economic pain.  Of bloody course there will be.  It's like saying "I ain't movin' 'ouse - it involves hassle!".  Any change this big is going to involve some pain.  If that short-term pain is reason enough not to move, then never ever do anything.  Just sit tight forever with a rictus grin on your face.  However, not doing anything is a choice in itself.  Imagine if we voted Remain.  The EU would take that as a 100% endorsement of the EU by the British.  We'd be trapped in the EU forever after that point - an institution truly on the ropes, and one that is constantly moving to "ever closer union". 

Edited by canbuywontbuy

I agree with the mods. The main forum is about house prices. OK keep the thread in the main area while its hot but move it if its not house price related. Brexit is old news.... Time to just get on with it.

Couple of yougov polls seem to suggest that we'd most likely get the same result if we voted again.

Which is nice.

33 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Couple of yougov polls seem to suggest that we'd most likely get the same result if we voted again.

Which is nice.

And why not? Every day that passes and every remoaner argument just proves the point.

If you want to be ruled by a load of ****** **** sucking *********'s who have no standards what so ever then push remoan. I don't know what happened to these people in their past but can it be any worse than what they are proposing? 

2 hours ago, XswampyX said:

And why not? Every day that passes and every remoaner argument just proves the point.

If you want to be ruled by a load of ****** **** sucking *********'s who have no standards what so ever then push remoan. I don't know what happened to these people in their past but can it be any worse than what they are proposing? 

...they mostly all have a vested (conflicting)  financial interest within the EU......:rolleyes: