House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crashmonitor

Sold to stock ratio Rightmove

Never really seen such a high strike rate re.sold signs driving about, I usually expect quite a bit of tailing off towards Christmas. Checking the stats on rightmove rather proves that. Not sure whether that is because vendors are getting sensible re.accepting offers and prices are falling or the Market is stronger than it ought it to be given the crazy asking prices and the need to deflate this bubble.

................................Stock........................SSTC............................% Sold

Luton....................2009..............................995..................................50

Northampton........2289............................1428..................................64

Derby...................2533...........................1052....................................42

Leeds..................6118............................2792...................................46

Newcastle...........4047...........................1109....................................29

Edinburgh...........2342...........................1184....................................51

( complied by doing searches with and without SSTC)

I haven't got the figures but I seem to recall that a high proportion of SSTC fall through and return to the market.  Estate agents are getting pretty desperate if my limited contact with them recently is any thing to go by and one of those signs goes up almost as soon as there is an expression of interest.

Wait to you see up north. The best figures are 20% a lot have a 12-16% sold ratio.

That means either properties are actually selling or more likely things are just sat there for months....

I should have looked at London too and that is telling.

Of 61,302 listed properties only 17,360 sold or 28%. May be the head of the serpent is in the process of being severed and with it the fuel to the rest of the country.

I wonder if there is any way of looking at the historical data through proppeetybee or similar to compare this to earlier years? What does a 'normal' spread look like?