House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Ohio State university incident

Ohio state knifeman ranted about how he was 'sick and tired of seeing my fellow Muslim brothers being killed and tortured' on social media hours before wounding 11

http://www.whio.com/news/ohio-state-attack-officials-say-will-take-time-ascertain-motive/o8B7faWqVrsxoeUV45xI1J/

UPDATE @ 10:10 p.m. (Nov. 28): The Ohio State University student who carried out a knife attack on campus Monday said in a Facebook post he was “sick and tired” of seeing fellow Muslims “killed and tortured,” CNN is reporting, as according to federal law enforcement officials.

According to CNN, investigators are examining Abdul Razak Ali Artan’s Facebook page to determine whether the attack was terrorism, though law enforcement officials said it will take time to ascertain motive.

In a Facebook post shortly before the Monday morning rampage, the Somali immigrant urged America “to stop interfering with other countries, especially the Muslim Ummah,” a term for Muslim people at large.

“By Allah, we will not let you sleep unless you give peace to the Muslims. You will not celebrate or enjoy any holiday.”

FULL REPORT

A Somali-born attacker who appeared to be acting alone drove his car into a crowd of Ohio State University students and staff Monday morning, then got out and started swinging a butcher knife, injuring at least 11 people before he was shot and killed by a campus police officer.

Andrew Thomas, chief medical officer at OSU’s Wexner Medical Center, said the 11 injuries were a mix of stab wounds and injuries from being hit by the car. None were life-threatening.

The attacker was identified as 20-year-old OSU student Abdul Razak Ali Artan. 

This and previous incidents like it, are what led to Donald Trump being elected, i await the president elect's response.

Very far down the news on the various websites.  There was a time when a suspected terror attack with propellel a story up the news agenda not down.

No intimation of mental illness, no holding back the information that he was a muslim and a Somali?

These Ohio police are mere amateurs in the disinformation game.

Next time someone criticises trump's moves to stop refugee resettlement into the States, just send them this link.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38151669 

bookmark it now.  You'll need it a lot in the next 12 months.

Of course black lives matter, so does mine. I think the cop was just doing his job. In this case the chap wasn't just being black and reaching for a cellphone. He was actually running round attempting damage with a weapon.

WTF? Bit of a stretch? Odds on one ofthe people he ran over would have been black.

I can accept that the majority of Muslims are peaceful.

But experience has taught me that you dont want to let Somalis into your country.

Even Somlilia's none to keen on having Somalis.

Trump says Ohio campus attacker 'should not have been in' US

An image from a video taken of the suspect's 2016 graduation from Columbus State Community College
Image caption An image from the suspect's 2016 graduation from Columbus State Community College

Donald Trump has said a Somali refugee student who went on a rampage at an Ohio campus on Monday "should not have been in our country".

The President-elect added that "ISIS is taking credit for the terrible stabbing attack", which left 11 people injured.

An IS-affiliated news agency claimed business student Abdul Razak Ali Artan as a "soldier".

The 18-year-old's mother says he acted normally on the day of the rampage at Ohio State University in Columbus. 

An image from what appears to be Artan's Facebook page is captioned "Guess who I met? Lol".
Image caption An image from what appears to be Artan's Facebook page is captioned "Guess who I met? Lol".

Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said on Wednesday that investigators had found "no direct link" between Artan and any terrorist organisation.

FBI special agent in charge Angela Byers said separately that Artan may have been inspired by al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed by a 2011 US drone strike in Yemen.

Artan was a refugee who moved with his family in 2014 to the US from Pakistan, where he had been living since 2007. 

Trump tweet

US officials have said no negative information was found during background checks on Artan when he was allowed into the US and when he became a legal permanent resident in 2015.