House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Brexit hand written note leak.......

Not much of a surprise..   the Europeans have made it crystal clear that being an independent sovereign nation is not allowed under the rules of being in the single market.

With that out of the way..  what trading relationship do they actually want,  assuming they want to be anti free market / trade?

Just now, reddog said:

2 thoughts.  This was either planned, or our politicians are as think as mince.  Hard to know which to be honest.

Both could be true...

2 hours ago, reddog said:

2 thoughts.  This was either planned, or our politicians are as thick as mince.  Hard to know which to be honest.

Most likely planned.

3 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

Yes. There is a need to manage Europe's expectations so they can come to terms with events. ;-)

If true, it looks very sensible and pragmatic.

Europe keep taking a strong line on the inflexibility of single market membership.

This looks like our way of saying.. "fine,  your call.  We're not f**king around either."

9 hours ago, libspero said:

Europe keep taking a strong line on the inflexibility of single market membership.

This looks like our way of saying.. "fine,  your call.  We're not f**king around either."

Errr yes we are.

When I heard this being being gleefully reported on the BBC I wondered if they were deliberately trying their best to sabotage the UK's negotiating position.

I hope it was a deliberate leak though, to show the EU that if push comes to shove the UK will go hard brexit. 

The Germans are the de-facto rulers of the EU, and the last thing they want is a trade war with the UK and a plunge in their export sales of their over priced cars to 'treasure island'. 

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

Obviously not a leak. Blatantly deliberate.

Yes....how many times in the past have we seen this style of tactic before.....accidentally on purpose.;)

7 hours ago, winkie said:

Yes....how many times in the past have we seen this style of tactic before.....accidentally on purpose.;)

Many times in my lifetime winks - we did invent it after all..!

;)

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

• Funny how these officials never seem to have the meaningless doodles on these documents that most of us produce at meetings. I remember emerging from one where I had simply filled two sides of A4 with the word 'boring' written over and over again. Don't people ever try their hand at poetry or at the very least shopping lists while attending these discussions of 'world shattering importance'. These gaffes always seem to involve officials who have relatively neat handwriting that can be read from a photograph rather than the illegible scrawl that most employees write.