House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Eight EU countries warned over vulnerable property market

"In Britain, property prices were at record highs before the June referendum on leaving the EU and a potential economic slowdown could leave some households vulnerable as rapid price increases have already stretched collateral, indicating that falling property prices could quickly reduce collateral levels.

"An economic slowdown could lead to the crystallisation of some risks - e.g. if unemployment rises and/or income growth falls, then some households may find it more difficult to service their debt," the ESRB said in the report.

If the market's slowdown is only temporary, Britain is still at risk of overvaluation and collateral stretch, the ESRB said."

18 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

"The ESRB issued warnings to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Sweden and Britain. "

Interesting how close the alignment is with those countries experiencing a surge in far-right political sympathy.

And Italy isn't on that list.......because Italy has already had a collapse in property - 30 to 40%.  My Italian friend called me last night, he listened to the business programme on Radio 4 about it last week, said it was all about bad property bubble debt that led to the collapse in the banking sector, leading Italy to the mess it is in now.

He cannot see the difference between Italy and the UK besides massive props over here.

5 minutes ago, wsn03 said:

And Italy isn't on that list.......because Italy has already had a collapse in property - 30 to 40%.  My Italian friend called me last night, he listened to the business programme on Radio 4 about it last week, said it was all about bad property bubble debt that led to the collapse in the banking sector, leading Italy to the mess it is in now.

He cannot see the difference between Italy and the UK besides massive props over here.

And the QE cash.  Without it the FLS scheme would never have been used to lend to the sub-prime BTLers.