Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

Oh dear Labour

Recommended Posts

A leftie comedian attacking the usual caricatures and straw men?  Say it ain't so.

Don't think the Scouser Skinhead is much cop though.  And appealing to Labour, guess that means the libertarian streak of UKIP is well and truly dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AThirdWay said:

Nuttall will kill UKIP stone dead. He won't be able to control the other nutters, he can barely control himself.

Who would of thought Salmond and one of the crankies could have achieved this...never say never IMO it`s all down to how team blue dose on the breixt front  

 

    2010                                                                      2015

ThumbnailThumbnail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, long time lurking said:

Who would of thought Salmond and one of the crankies could have achieved this...never say never IMO it`s all down to how team blue dose on the breixt front  

 

    2010                                                                      2015

ThumbnailThumbnail

I think they have certainly nullified UKIP in Scotland, but the tories have had a steady 15-18% vote share in Scotland for a long time. With 1.6% of the vote in 2015, the swing from tory/labour to UKIP simply never happened in Scotland. Why? Have you SEEN David Coburn?

I seem to remember that the tories peaked around 25-28% under Thatcher and Major, then dipped in '97 when we all swallowed Blair's bs. They haven't really recovered from that, and haven't picked up the votes from Nu Labour when they eventually went to the wall.

I get the pi$$ taking of Salmond and Sturgeon (prime pi$$-take material from the off with names like that!) from uninterested parties. but we didn't vote for them because they looked like Jabba the Hutt or one of the Krankies. We voted for them because of their capabilities compared to the alternatives. You think Milliband was bad? Look at the Scottish labour leaders.

Henry McLeish, Jack McConnell, Wendy Alexander, Iain Gray, Johann Lamont, Jim Murphy and now, Kezia Dugdale. Two dumped for dodgy dealings, two dumped for getting their erses felt in elections (although Iain Gray only lost 1% of the vote!), one dumped for being a laughing stock during the run up to the referendum, one dumped for turning the entire party into a laughing stock after the referendum and now we've got Kezia.... 'nuff said.

What's a thinking Scot, with a social conscience, to do?

Edited by AThirdWay
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AThirdWay said:

I think they have certainly nullified UKIP in Scotland, but the tories have had a steady 15-18% vote share in Scotland for a long time. With 1.6% of the vote in 2015, the swing from tory/labour to UKIP simply never happened in Scotland. Why? Have you SEEN David Coburn?

I seem to remember that the tories peaked around 25-28% under Thatcher and Major, then dipped in '97 when we all swallowed Blair's bs. They haven't really recovered from that, and haven't picked up the votes from Nu Labour when they eventually went to the wall.

I get the pi$$ taking of Salmond and Sturgeon (prime pi$$-take material from the off with names like that!) from uninterested parties. but we didn't vote for them because they looked like Jabba the Hutt or one of the Krankies. We voted for them because of their capabilities compared to the alternatives. You think Milliband was bad? Look at the Scottish labour leaders.

Henry McLeish, Jack McConnell, Wendy Alexander, Iain Gray, Johann Lamont, Jim Murphy and now, Kezia Dugdale. Two dumped for dodgy dealings, two dumped for getting their erses felt in elections (although Iain Gray only lost 1% of the vote!), one dumped for being a laughing stock during the run up to the referendum, one dumped for turning the entire party into a laughing stock after the referendum and now we've got Kezia.... 'nuff said.

What's a thinking Scot, with a social conscience, to do?

Same could be said about the rest of the UK but there is only one alternative for the working class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, long time lurking said:

Same could be said about the rest of the UK but there is only one alternative for the working class 

Demonstrably more than one alternative North of the border. UKIP have not made advances up here, and it could be argued that Nuttall's performances on programs like QT have a lot to do with that...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AThirdWay said:

Demonstrably more than one alternative North of the border. UKIP have not made advances up here, and it could be argued that Nuttall's performances on programs like QT have a lot to do with that...

 

 

Oh Gorddy, you daft tnuc.

Flipping a bone to the Scots base. Blow up in his face, as the moron did not think it thru -'Of course they'll vote for Labour!'

Now, as a quick fix for gordies fckup, the Scots were bribed wit more money.

So much so, that its blatant unfair compared to he rest of the UK.

UKIP make political hay about getting more money from the English.

So now UKIP can make political hay by stopping giving Scotland more money. Itll win votes. So the other parties will copy it - nothing to lose if SNP has most of the Scottish seats.

SNP have nowhere to go.

Scottish independence is not going to happen whilst Spain is in the EU. Its not going not happen whilst Scotland runs a horrendous deficit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the Labour Party will be but a footnote in history. The only way that they think they can become electable again is by out torying the tories. They just don't get it do they.  The election of corbyn was a last gasp attemp by grass roots labour to wrest power from the Tory-like blairites. Unfortunately, the left of the party chose corbyn to stand.  The trouble is that those of the true left have been purged from the party so there was little choice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, One-percent said:

It looks like the Labour Party will be but a footnote in history. The only way that they think they can become electable again is by out torying the tories. They just don't get it do they.  The election of corbyn was a last gasp attemp by grass roots labour to wrest power from the Tory-like blairites. Unfortunately, the left of the party chose corbyn to stand.  The trouble is that those of the true left have been purged from the party so there was little choice 

Really?
They seem to be out Castro-ing Castro IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Really?
They seem to be out Castro-ing Castro IMHO.

Corbyn is but the rest have lurched to the right of fatcher. You can see why they don't like him. 

Rather than wondering why they have lost their core vote, they are focusing on infighting, internationalism, feeding the world and their various vanity projects (fgm anyone?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3996050/Labour-safe-seats-left-crushed-UKIP-resurgent-Lib-Dems-warn-Corbyn-allies.html

'Labour’s Christian Wolmar (pictured) polled just 1,515 votes, despite the fact the party has 1,600 members in Richmond'

 

No great surprise the DM would try and spin it like that, given that they must find the actual implications of the result unpalatable. But really, the result in a by-election where local activists were known to be telling Labour leaning folk to vote LD tactically tells us nothing of significance for Labour. Corbyn is a liability, yes, but he wouldn't be any less of one if they'd had a slightly better showing here. They'd still be screwed even if they'd managed a couple of thousand more votes, indeed possibly even more so as that might have meant there being one more effectively Conservative MP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2016 at 2:27 PM, spyguy said:

Oh Gorddy, you daft tnuc.

Flipping a bone to the Scots base. Blow up in his face, as the moron did not think it thru -'Of course they'll vote for Labour!'

Now, as a quick fix for gordies fckup, the Scots were bribed wit more money.

So much so, that its blatant unfair compared to he rest of the UK.

UKIP make political hay about getting more money from the English.

So now UKIP can make political hay by stopping giving Scotland more money. Itll win votes. So the other parties will copy it - nothing to lose if SNP has most of the Scottish seats.

SNP have nowhere to go.

Scottish independence is not going to happen whilst Spain is in the EU. Its not going not happen whilst Scotland runs a horrendous deficit.

 

 

MORE money? I wasn't aware that the Barnett formula had been changed?

If it has become blatantly unfair to the rUK over the last few years, surely that is little compensation for the decades in which it has been blatently unfair to Scotland? "Pooling and sharing resources" doncha know? We've got about 35 years to go before the rUK can bitch about it.

Take your point regarding UKIP seats, and I would suggest that they take exactly that strategy. That kind of anti-Scottish rhetoric plays into the hands of independence. Your suggestion that the SNP would then have nowhere to go is, of course, nonsense.

p.s. There is no evidence that an independent Scotland would have a deficit, merely that it has a deficit WITHIN the union, and opinions on Spains final position is just that, opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AThirdWay said:

MORE money? I wasn't aware that the Barnett formula had been changed?

If it has become blatantly unfair to the rUK over the last few years, surely that is little compensation for the decades in which it has been blatently unfair to Scotland? "Pooling and sharing resources" doncha know? We've got about 35 years to go before the rUK can bitch about it.

Take your point regarding UKIP seats, and I would suggest that they take exactly that strategy. That kind of anti-Scottish rhetoric plays into the hands of independence. Your suggestion that the SNP would then have nowhere to go is, of course, nonsense.

p.s. There is no evidence that an independent Scotland would have a deficit, merely that it has a deficit WITHIN the union, and opinions on Spains final position is just that, opinion.

No.

Madrid has very strongly view that it will not support any splitting of countries within the EU.

I think they came over and told Alex Salmond that, just so they had it down in writing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spyguy said:

No.

Madrid has very strongly view that it will not support any splitting of countries within the EU.

I think they came over and told Alex Salmond that, just so they had it down in writing.

 

And how would that stop Scottish independence? Spain doesn't get a vote?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AThirdWay said:

And how would that stop Scottish independence? Spain doesn't get a vote?

It does on Scotland's entry into the EU as a separate state.

Madrid will always says no because of the Baque country and Catalonia.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, spyguy said:

It does on Scotland's entry into the EU as a separate state.

Madrid will always says no because of the Baque country and Catalonia.

 

Maybe, but once Scotland IS an independent country, where's the beef? In fact Barroso himself has stated that there would be no problem.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36619907

There is a suggestion that the Brexit vote could aid Scotland's entry...

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/a-brexit-could-make-it-easier-for-scotland-to-join-the-eu-as-an-independent-state/

And there is a precedent, of sorts, with Greenland and Denmark in the EEC...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35233683

It is plain that an independent Scotland has every right to apply for membership of the EU, so why not simply accept it's continued membership? The EU, if nothing else, is expansionist. I am of the opinion that pragmatism will eventually win over and and independent Scotland (and the Scots) will retain it's EU membership rights.

 

Edited by AThirdWay
Removed a 'fact' that is only an opinion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once Scotland is independent it'll be a done deal.  Spain will just have to deal with the new reality, that their threats didn't make any difference.

If Scotland thrives without even being in the EU - quite likely - it'll be irrelevant re. Catalonia anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38258976

'Dr Johnson won 17,570 votes to beat UKIP's Victoria Ayling, who had 4,426.

Labour slipped from second place in the 2015 general election to fourth.'

Labour MP Vernon Coaker said "But we're proud of what we did. We kept our deposit which some people said we were going to lose."

Nothing like setting an achievable objective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Freeholder said:

Labour MP Vernon Coaker said "But we're proud of what we did. We kept our deposit which some people said we were going to lose."

Nothing like setting an achievable objective.

They set their sights high do labour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   101 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.