House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

notMyName

Robert Preston

I have Robert Preston on in the background for some reason. Possibly the dog is laid on the remote control and changed the channel. I remember him from the banking crisis news back in the day, but the guy seems barely recognisable from how I remember him. His voice is strange too. Has he been taken over and is now a robot?

My favourite thing about Peston's Picks was all the angry comments from Northern Rock shareholders who believed NR was a successful bank that was somehow sunk entirely by the power of one journalist. 

IIRC he has a stammer hence his unusually slow method of delivery sometimes in order to control it.

It must come and go as I heard him speak at a conference and he was excellent and spoke at normal speed.

6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

His wife died. Enormous life change.

Ah, I guess that could explain things.

52 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

IIRC he has a stammer hence his unusually slow method of delivery sometimes in order to control it.

It must come and go as I heard him speak at a conference and he was excellent and spoke at normal speed.

That makes sense. I thought he was trying to sound different,but I guess controlling a stammer is a pita.

I realised that he was on ITV. Guess another BBC person jumped ship.

I once got Peston's book out of the library. it was about the 2007/08 banking crisis. 

I couldn't finish it. every 4th or 5th paragraph he wrote: "Or to put it another way..." when explaining something. very annoying.