House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Justice

Ford Motors

Breaking news

will get more Details

If you was to add to that all the contractors building parts for Ford and sales men then the number is much higher.

Wait till all the stock options on GM come undone, then you will see real sparks fly and I think it can only be a matter of time.

Looks like all that easy MEW has just ran out :)

Edited by Justice

Quote from the link in the post above

"It also said it wanted to cut the time it takes to develop new cars from six to 12 months - by copying the way its Japanese subsidiary Mazda does it."

Cut from six to 12 ?, 12 to six maybe !

More sloppy Journalism from the BBC.

And shouldn't it be "6 to 12" or "Six to twelve".

Maybe the Web article's have less editorial checking but surely they shouldn't miss this level of mistake.

Re the article, All part of global leveling the US will have to get used to the european style small economic and well designed cars instead of theyre gas guzzlers.

"It also said it wanted to cut the time it takes to develop new cars from six to 12 months - by copying the way its Japanese subsidiary Mazda does it.".......

I think they meant to say to cut it from "six years to 12 months".

New model development takes a notoriously long time. A reduction of 12 months to 6 months would hardly make any difference if you think about it.

NDL

"It also said it wanted to cut the time it takes to develop new cars from six to 12 months - by copying the way its Japanese subsidiary Mazda does it."

Cut from six to 12 ?, 12 to six maybe !

More sloppy Journalism from the BBC.

And shouldn't it be "6 to 12" or "Six to twelve".

Maybe the Web article's have less editorial checking but surely they shouldn't miss this level of mistake.

Re the article, All part of global leveling the US will have to get used to the european style small economic and well designed cars instead of theyre gas guzzlers.

I work for Ford and this bit is actually referring to shaving 6 to 12 months off the current timescale for a prototype to become a fully blown production vehicle on general sale at a local dealer. This currently takes a staggering four years!! I do agree that this is sloppy journalism however!!

The majority of these job cuts will be borne in North America, where the traditional big three of Ford, GM and Chrysler have seen their market share cut by an increasing demand for Japanese imports, especially from Toyota.

GM, Ford et al have been surviving on profitable SUVs and truck sales, whilst the Japs have come in and produced family sedans and smaller cars that GM and Ford had no real interest in as the margins were too low. Cue a worldwide gas price hike and Ford/GM are now stuck with declining sales of the only vehicles that made them any money!!

I know that there have been numerous threads on here about the power of unions. The cuts that Ford are proposing will have to be ratified by the relevant unions in the US before they can go ahead.

Watch this space people....

GM and Ford both cutting about 30k jobs, plus the knock effect on their suppliers and that is a lot of bad news on the jobs front, throw in the increasingly dark clouds over their housing market, bungled re-building in New Orleans and they have a lot of bad news over the pond this New Year.

Sentiment is bound to react sooner or later and when it does the wheels are going to come off the global economy!

I work for Ford and this bit is actually referring to shaving 6 to 12 months off the current timescale for a prototype to become a fully blown production vehicle on general sale at a local dealer. This currently takes a staggering four years!! I do agree that this is sloppy journalism however!!

The majority of these job cuts will be borne in North America, where the traditional big three of Ford, GM and Chrysler have seen their market share cut by an increasing demand for Japanese imports, especially from Toyota.

GM, Ford et al have been surviving on profitable SUVs and truck sales, whilst the Japs have come in and produced family sedans and smaller cars that GM and Ford had no real interest in as the margins were too low. Cue a worldwide gas price hike and Ford/GM are now stuck with declining sales of the only vehicles that made them any money!!

I know that there have been numerous threads on here about the power of unions. The cuts that Ford are proposing will have to be ratified by the relevant unions in the US before they can go ahead.

Watch this space people....

Is Jaguar still a loss making marque? If so this does not look good for Halewood :(

GM and Ford both cutting about 30k jobs, plus the knock effect on their suppliers and that is a lot of bad news on the jobs front, throw in the increasingly dark clouds over their housing market, bungled re-building in New Orleans and they have a lot of bad news over the pond this New Year.

Sentiment is bound to react sooner or later and when it does the wheels are going to come off the global economy!

6,000 jobs to go at Daimler Chrysler

Edited by libitina

Is Jaguar still a loss making marque? If so this does not look good for Halewood :(

Afraid so, parent company Ford provided a $2.76 billion bail out just last month, I'd be concerned about Halewood given the aging x-type, one thing that went unnoticed last year was Halewood going on a 3 day week, this news was eclipsed by the failure of MG Rover at the time.

There has always been talk of shifting some Jag or Land Rover production to the states.

Edited by BuyingBear

Afraid so, parent company Ford provided a $2.76 billion bail out just last month, I'd be concerned about Halewood given the aging x-type, one thing that went unnoticed last year was Halewood going on a 3 day week, this news was eclipsed by the failure of MG Rover at the time.

There has always been talk of shifting some Jag or Land Rover production to the states.

My Dad gave 25 of his best years to Fords in Halewood, I`ll be gutted if it closes, looks somewhat inevitable. :( Don`t mention X Types to me, lost a grand on one in a month, never saw it coming, X Type crash.co.uk :lol: