House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChewingGrass

The Post-Truth thread

Post-truth politics (also called post-factual politics) is a political culture in which debate is framed largely by appeals to emotion and by the repeated assertion of talking points to which factual rebuttals are ignored. Post-truth differs from traditional contesting and falsifying of truth by rendering it of "secondary" importance.

Mark Twain - “If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”

The way I'm seeing "Post Truth" used in practice is as a term to mean you don't subscribe to the same world view as me, therefore you're a bit mental. Mostly by people who have had their opinions handed to them fully formed.

1 hour ago, Bossybabe said:

Sounds like the "truth" reimagined to me. <_<

Sounds like accusing people of doing the things you are actually doing. The facts brought down the pre-post truthers and they don't like it. Are they pre-truth, before truth or just f**king liars? :lol: 

The problem for TPTB in the US election (and with Brexit) was not the lack of truth available to the electorate, but the surplus of it. With the Podesta emails, the Project Veritas videos and documentaries like Clinton Cash, we could see exactly what was going on, sometimes pretty much in real time. The Alt Right facilitated this, hence the demonisation now.

42 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

Sounds like accusing people of doing the things you are actually doing. The facts brought down the pre-post truthers and they don't like it. Are they pre-truth, before truth or just f**king liars? :lol: 

The latter. Definitely. :rolleyes:

No ifs or buts.....I am waiting for the 1st of April, so many times believed what was said that turned out to be non truths only said to get the reaction or result at that moment...... only reinforce loss of creditability and integrity, meaning every word uttered is just as likely to be a lie as the truth......then nobody knows who or what to believe. ;)