House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNACR

Magnus Magnusson Foods

Foods you can't start without finishing. A long standing one of mine has been Viscount mint chocolate biscuits, which happily are not stocked by that many places.

A new one I have discovered is Stapleton Mango Yoghurt. It's something a bit more with these two than regular chocolate biscuits or other sugar laden junk food you can binge on.

Anyone experience the same with these, or other ones?

I am a fellow Viscount (or similar) mint chocolate biscuit sufferer to the point where I stopped buying them about ten years ago because I knew what would happen.

Just say no to Viscounts kids.

14 minutes ago, Bossybabe said:

Tim Tams - Australian twist on chocolate bourbons only much better. Thank goodness you can't get them here (though you can in London). 

Cover the screen now because Ocado deliver them.

Unless the manufacturers lace them with heroin there definitely seems like there is something going on with these handful of products that makes them significantly more moreish.

Has anyone got the contact number for 'science'?

I get these F&M macadamia nut biscuits, I really like. I can happily chomp my way through them in short order but I just don't come over with the same compulsion I get with Viscounts. There's also a feeling of 'look at yourself' type shame when minutes later you're surrounded by nothing more than a pile of scrunched up green foil. 

https://www.fortnumandmason.com/products/chocolate-macadamia-biscuits-200g-tin?channel=ppc&gclid=CMO62o_NxNACFQEM0wodQgkEtw

1 minute ago, mikthe20 said:

Umm, my friend tells me that Poundland stock the mint Viscounts...

Shamefully, I have to darken the doors of B&M bargains, currently, to get my fix.

That's the whole thing with these foods it's the shame at the loss of self control. 

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

Shamefully, I have to darken the doors of B&M bargains, currently, to get my fix.

That's the whole thing with these foods it's the shame at the loss of self control. 

I stand outside and ask kids to go in and buy them for me.

2 hours ago, SNACR said:

Cover the screen now because Ocado deliver them.

Unless the manufacturers lace them with heroin there definitely seems like there is something going on with these handful of products that makes them significantly more moreish.

Has anyone got the contact number for 'science'?

Noooo!  But Ocado don't deliver here in the sticks.  Phew! ? 

I wouldn't call any of the products mentioned so far 'food'. :o

When it comes to real food though, mini-kiwis are something that I can't stop eating until the bowl is empty.

For those who haven't tried them, they look like grape-sized Kiwis but taste intensely sweet and flavourful.

http://homegrown-revolution.co.uk/dessert-fruit/cocktail-mini-kiwis/

15 hours ago, mikthe20 said:

Umm, my friend tells me that Poundland stock the mint Viscounts...

I will have to go and look. I don't leave the house very often though so it might take me some time.

Oh wait, do £land deliver?
Can't see them online..

But morrisons have them: 

New - Lyons Biscuits Viscount 196g

353154011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=4f0c6

Please can people refrain from posting pictures of foil-wrapped mint chocolate biscuits; I've admitted that I have a problem and so has SNACR.  These are beginning to tempt me back to the green-foil wrapped darkside.

Would you pop open a bottle of champagne at an Alcoholic Anonymous meeting?

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Would you pop open a bottle of champagne at an Alcoholic Anonymous meeting?

You have to ask yourself, am I the girl who'd go and order a big basket of chips at the pub whilst they're having their fatfighters meeting? :)

21 hours ago, SNACR said:

Foods you can't start without finishing. A long standing one of mine has been Viscount mint chocolate biscuits, which happily are not stocked by that many places.

A new one I have discovered is Stapleton Mango Yoghurt. It's something a bit more with these two than regular chocolate biscuits or other sugar laden junk food you can binge on.

Anyone experience the same with these, or other ones?

Those Stapleton yogurts are tremendous. Big fan of the gooseberry one, despite not particularly liking gooseberries!

For me, it's Liquorice Allsorts. Could happily devour an entire bag in one sitting, hence why I don't buy them any more...

Ben & jerry/Häagen-Dazs. Once the lid comes off it's gone. Swiftly followed by shame.

2 hours ago, gilf said:

Fig Rolls, they are quite dense but my biscuit tin has never seen a half packet of them. 

Hats off to you sir; I'm not sure I could eat a whole packet.

I am a fan but a packet lasts weeks; they do not have the Magnus Magnusson hold over me fortunately.

Someone in our house has an issue with bourbons and custard cremes. I got a packet of each on the Saturday shop, and I just fancied one with my cuppa. Bloody all gone. Now I have a biscuit craving going on that I can't fulfil.

Might pop to the shop <_<