House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Marry at 13

Probably, in the days of child marriage, women didn't speak and act like the children they are nowadays. Not that I'm an advocate of child marriage. 

53 minutes ago, interestrateripoff said:

If your dead by your 30s then 13 is more than a 1/3 of your life expectancy as life expectancy extends morals will alter.

The average age of sexual maturity and first offspring is falling worldwide. That's what happens when an 'r' selective environment of plenty becomes prevalent. It won't last forever.

Back then you had kids to help with the work etc. From what I gather, childhood is a modern concept.

26 minutes ago, Reebo said:

Back then you had kids to help with the work etc. From what I gather, childhood is a modern concept.

It's a very nice one though!

I greatly appreciate that I got to be a child rather than working on a farm from an early age. Having the concept of childhood also does wonders for the economy because you can choose what you want to be and train for it.

If Mali has an agricultural economy that needs labour and life expectancy isn't great then marriage at 13 is eminently sensible. Unless the EU is intending to start paying Malians vast amounts of benefits.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's a very nice one though!

I greatly appreciate that I got to be a child rather than working on a farm from an early age. Having the concept of childhood also does wonders for the economy because you can choose what you want to be and train for it.

If Mali has an agricultural economy that needs labour and life expectancy isn't great then marriage at 13 is eminently sensible. Unless the EU is intending to start paying Malians vast amounts of benefits.

I agree, and I am currently enjoying watching my daughters enjoying their own childhood, while trying to make sure it's better than mine. Adult life is such a grind sometimes and kids always want to grow up faster. Such is life.