House Price Crash Forum

Quiet on here

SNACR

HOLA441
1 minute ago, SNACR said:

Have you got a keytar?

I reckon this guy probably needs it for beating all the women off with, too.

Do you have to blow it?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
9 minutes ago, GreenDevil said:

Decided against the 55 inch bravia, who needs a new TV, and bought a wireless keyboard, a mini vac and a bean bag.

All those together might be perverted.:mellow:

HOLA445

I've bought Forza Horizon 3 with some sort of Jaguar add on, Xbox One, for one of my boys for Xmas. Was £40 the other day when I looked, down to £26 today. 

That is the total of my Black Friday spend*. 

*xmas money saved every week since January. 

HOLA446
5 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I've bought Forza Horizon 3 with some sort of Jaguar add on, Xbox One, for one of my boys for Xmas. Was £40 the other day when I looked, down to £26 today. 

That is the total of my Black Friday spend*. 

*xmas money saved every week since January. 

You have bought something that gives pleasure and bought it at good value.  Result.

HOLA447

Where do you guys find the time :unsure:

ChromeCasts are 33% off which seems pretty good for anyone who was thinking of getting one anyway.

Otherwise I'm pretty cynical of most of the "offers"..  isn't it just surplus/dated stock their trying to shift ?

HOLA448
1 minute ago, libspero said:

Where do you guys find the time :unsure:

ChromeCasts are 33% off which seems pretty good for anyone who was thinking of getting one anyway.

Otherwise I'm pretty cynical of most of the "offers"..  isn't it just surplus/dated stock their trying to shift ?

Yes, just like me!:mellow:

HOLA449

I've just bought an Xbox One S 1TB and additional controller for the kids and also a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10 inch to replace a failed Tesco Hudl.

The Galaxy Tab cost me very little, as it was to replace a premature failure on a Tesco Hudl. Tesco very generously gave me a money card for £40 which was half of what I paid for the Hudl.

This Black Friday I've done no shopping at all on Amazon and everything with Tesco, who also seem to have better deals as well.

I do feel Amazon has become a bit of trap for the brain dead who don't shop around.

I also looked at the Microsoft / Xbox Store, but I need 2 controllers, and they'd sold out of individual controllers - doh!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I'm posting slightly less drivel than usual on here as I'm on a two month holiday to Malaysia and Thailand. 

And no - I'm not a paedo. 

And yes - I probably will use the services of a hooker if I can be bothered :huh::lol:

Can't recommend Malaysia enough

Fantastic place. Only downside is beer ain't cheap - but then again food is a steal so all evens up. 

Busy part of Penang nice wee restaurant - lovely Nasi Goreng or Lembak about £1.80.

Amazing.

HOLA4414

And just to impress the off topic frugal lot. I've only got hand luggage - a 35 litre backpack. Its plenty actually - I honestly don't know what folk bring when I see them with huge cases.

I've even got my massage roller, swimming and running stuff and my yoga mat ffs !!!

HOLA4415
18 hours ago, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

I think you have 2 types of HPC'ers. The frugal HPC'er is bascially anti black friday because they are anti buying pretty much anything (minimalist). Some of them have all the stuff they need from a long time ago, so no more kipper ties required. Others in this type just get a buzz out of spending nothing and will live in a pile of sticks and have cold water and stale bread on christmas day, while leaving a million pound fortune when they die.

Then you've got the canny HPC'er who likes stuff, but is looking for a bargain and won't pay unless they get rock bottom price. Sure, there are some cons out there on Black Friday but there are a lot of good deals too. These lot are out there looking for cheap stuff. 

That pretty much sums us up doesn't it!

I'm not averse to splashing the cash if it will do the job of my existing stuff A LOT better, or A LOT cheaper.

or it is such a substantial leap forward in terms of quality of life/work life balance,that it takes the guesswork out of jobs it would have taken hours/days to do previously.

HOLA4416
18 hours ago, winkie said:

My take.....you are not saving any money by spending money, just to leave the house you start spending, transport, fuel, parking, coffee, lunch.......so you go out to buy something you NEED, fair enough but how many ONLY buy the thing they need?.....;)

maybe, but you need to do a "rolling programme" based on expenditure over say 5 years to do a true cost/benefit analysis.

it's decision time. lets take a car as a perfect example.

there are  ways to minimise the expenditure.

1)do the "disposable car" thing, discussed on HPC before. Go to auction and buy banger with a bit of ticket and in sort of ok(get you by) nick for £300, use for a year, and then dump once the repair costs go above purchase price. rinse and repeat

2) present car does 35mpg, costs £140 in road tax p.a, etc, with new and improved car you get 50mpg/£30 VED p.a....work out saving at average 12K miles per year over 5 years. will that justify an extra £1000-2000 initial cost for the upgrade?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
31 minutes ago, oracle said:

maybe, but you need to do a "rolling programme" based on expenditure over say 5 years to do a true cost/benefit analysis.

1)do the "disposable car" thing, discussed on HPC before. Go to auction and buy banger with a bit of ticket and in sort of ok(get you by) nick for £300, use for a year, and then dump once the repair costs go above purchase price. rinse and repeat

2) present car does 35mpg, costs £140 in road tax p.a, etc, with new and improved car you get 50mpg/£30 VED p.a....work out saving at average 12K miles per year over 5 years. will that justify an extra £1000-2000 initial cost for the upgrade?

31 minutes ago, oracle said:

Except VED will be changing April 2017 and the smaller cars with low emissions will be paying more tax.....All for buying an older well cared for, economical, full service history, low genuine mileage car for little.

......or buy a newer used car and keep it for many years caring for it until it becomes the above. ;)

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Black Friday (atleast in the UK) seems to be an electronic goods discount day. I saw a few ok ish deals (Apple ipad mini2), iphone SE64gb but they were limited stock and not exactly cutting edge tech.

A bag I bought last week was discounted by £15. I could return the item and re-buy but I'd have to then wait another week for it.  (The contract also states I am liable for postage costs unless faulty, and online items can not be returned to store). Fair enough no gripes there. It's just a pain there is so much hype around Black Friday as disruptive. Bet its a pain for retailers too though.

HOLA4421
On 11/25/2016 at 4:44 PM, Reebo said:

I've been busy treating myself to a new TV and sound bar, and then I realised I needed to upgrade my media PC graphics card to get sound on the new tv due to the media PC being built out of obsolete tech, which was fine with the old TV.

Did it all on the internet though.

Typical. Got the TV today, got it set up and there is a problem with the bevel pressing on the screen causing a white patch at the side. Had to return it, after spending 2 hours trying to get the bloody base back off it.

This is why I don't splash out on stuff very often. :(

HOLA4422
On 11/26/2016 at 1:12 PM, ccc said:

I'm posting slightly less drivel than usual on here as I'm on a two month holiday to Malaysia and Thailand. 

And no - I'm not a paedo. 

And yes - I probably will use the services of a hooker if I can be bothered :huh::lol:

Can't recommend Malaysia enough

Fantastic place. Only downside is beer ain't cheap - but then again food is a steal so all evens up. 

Busy part of Penang nice wee restaurant - lovely Nasi Goreng or Lembak about £1.80.

Amazing.

Oooh, I thought beer would be a steal - we're holidaying around that part of the world end of Jan - Singapore 1-2 nights (to give it another chance) Hong Kong 3 nights & Langkawi 7ish nights (between Penang & Phuket as if you didn't already know!)

Any other tips would be welcome.

I'd be filling my boots in Thailand if I was single..

HOLA4423
14 minutes ago, mattydread said:

Oooh, I thought beer would be a steal - we're holidaying around that part of the world end of Jan - Singapore 1-2 nights (to give it another chance) Hong Kong 3 nights & Langkawi 7ish nights (between Penang & Phuket as if you didn't already know!)

Amazingly single people buy the right size shoes.

Never quite got the obsession with these Oriental girls!

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, mattydread said:

Apparently bevvy is much cheaper in langkawi as tax free area. Bring it on. :)

There in two days so will give an update.

Food is cracking and cheap as chips.

In tourist area in Penang nice wee bar it's about £1.80 for an amazing main dish of nasi goreng or similar. A steal . 

HOLA4425

Archived