House Price Crash Forum

Empty Homes

RickyD

HOLA441
HOLA442

I have been casting my net very wide and this is something that I have noticed.  There seem to be quite a few houses that are empty but I think some of these could belong to older people who have gone into care.  Having said that, the more empty, unloved and unsaleable house the better as far as I am concerned.  These are the small things that will help to bring about a reversal in sentiment.

HOLA443
5 minutes ago, dougless said:

I have been casting my net very wide and this is something that I have noticed.  There seem to be quite a few houses that are empty but I think some of these could belong to older people who have gone into care.  Having said that, the more empty, unloved and unsaleable house the better as far as I am concerned.  These are the small things that will help to bring about a reversal in sentiment.

I have been keeping my eye on the Cambridgeshire area for a couple of years now, and there seems to have been a surge of empty homes recently, which led me to the theory that perhaps the BTL'ers are selling up due to the new taxes and whatnot. Here's hoping!

HOLA444

Not the south east but the north west here... for the last 2 years in my area I reckon at least 75% of 2 bed terrace properties have been bought by BTLers. They've been relentlessly hoovering up just about every small property that has come onto the market.

I was genuinely gobsmacked the other day when I received a Rightmove alert which consisted of 5 x 2 bed houses for auction, all on the same 2 streets, some tenanted other vacant, all obviously owned by one BTLer who is offloading.... I just hope it's a sign of things to come and not just a one off random occurrence.