Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

workingpoor

Montpellier incident

Recommended Posts

Lovely part of the world. To a degree.

Had good times in that town.

Im not sure what it'll be like in 20 years however.

2/3 years ago i had vague, soft focussed, dreams of retirement down there with my long time on/off French ex.

Its safe to say she'll have to come over here now, if at all.

I hope they catch the *******. Mentally disturbed or otherwise.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feck, they killer is on the loose and the police are saying that there is no indication that this is a terrorist attack - perhaps the officers would say differently if it had been their families so attacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Terror Cell arrested in France earlier this week: (source RT)

Disneyland Paris and a Christmas market at the Champs Elysées were among the potential targets of attacks planned for December 1 by a terrorist cell arrested over the weekend, police sources told French media.

Seven men from Marseille and Strasbourg were detained following an eight-month investigation into the cell by authorities, but two were later released.

A source, close to the investigation, told AFP that according to one suspect, attacks were planned for December 1 and were supposed to hit the headquarters of the DGSI, France’s intelligence service, in Levallois, as well as the headquarters of the Judicial Police of Paris. In response to their findings, the authorities have stepped-up security around the sites.

The source also said the suspects made searches for twenty other possible targets, including places of worship, a Christmas market at the Champs Elysées, various bars and cafes, a Metro station and the Disneyland Paris theme park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Lead story in The Mail; not even on the front page of the BBC but buried within the World News section.

First I heard of it was on here, off topic.

Radios been on since 5.45. Theres was a very brief comment on it in generals news read out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spyguy said:

First I heard of it was on here, off topic.

Radios been on since 5.45. Theres was a very brief comment on it in generals news read out.

 

My go to place for news. Wide ranging and balanced 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Only Marine can sort out this mess. If she doesn't win I can't imagine what will happen. 

A Channel 5 movie Jean Claude /Seagal type marine ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Montpellier should be used to this by now, in 1209 it was the Pope eliminating  all the non-Catholics.

Now the Sunni's are given it a damn good go.

Thankfully we have an impartial media, to report these events. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Police have arrested the person they were actively searching for.

http://m.france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/languedoc-roussillon/herault/montpellier-metropole/montpellier/attaque-maison-retraite-montferrier-lez-suspect-arrete-saint-mathieu-treviers-1141211.html

 

Edit: says he worked there for several years if my c@@p French is to be believed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Eagle said:

What a disappointment, you got all excited over nothing... :rolleyes:

The original reporting IIRC said an elderly nun had been tied up and murdered which certainly made it look like terrorism.

Now it turns out that the victim is a 54 yo care worker which makes it look personal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personal murders are OK with me but I don't like terrorism, whatever that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2016 at 1:02 AM, The Masked Tulip said:

Reports of 5 people dead. Montpellier suspected of having an ISIS terrorist cell according to French media reports. I think they should have just said that Europe has terrorist cells.

Did you have to attend a course ("Falsely attributed Muslim hysteria for beginners") or does screaming blue murder from the rooftops come naturally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2016 at 8:11 AM, spunko2010 said:

Only Marine can sort out this mess. If she doesn't win I can't imagine what will happen. 

Why - is she going to crack down on ex-services employees who go berserk? <_<

Watch out you need to tuck yourself in, your prejudice is showing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Futuroid said:

Why - is she going to crack down on ex-services employees who go berserk? <_<

Watch out you need to tuck yourself in, your prejudice is showing.

No, Futuroid, YOUR prejudice is showing.  What Spunk and the others show is that after a good few years of cover ups/playing down of islamic attacks on western soft targets, the level of trust in TPTB is so low that when an attack comes along with any of the markers that may indicate islamic terrorism (in this case, France + attack on Christian denominations) the correct Occams razor choice is to jump to an Islamic attacker.

Your prejudice is that you have an agenda despite hundreds of cases of attacks/rapes/murders/beatings by Muslims on Europeans in the past 3 years, and a bare handful of emotion lead murders not linked to Islam.  You do not want to admit that statistically, any such attack in Europe is more likely to be by a Muslim than not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, wherebee said:

No, Futuroid, YOUR prejudice is showing.  What Spunk and the others show is that after a good few years of cover ups/playing down of islamic attacks on western soft targets, the level of trust in TPTB is so low that when an attack comes along with any of the markers that may indicate islamic terrorism (in this case, France + attack on Christian denominations) the correct Occams razor choice is to jump to an Islamic attacker.

Your prejudice is that you have an agenda despite hundreds of cases of attacks/rapes/murders/beatings by Muslims on Europeans in the past 3 years, and a bare handful of emotion lead murders not linked to Islam.  You do not want to admit that statistically, any such attack in Europe is more likely to be by a Muslim than not.

Amen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Futuroid said:

Did you have to attend a course ("Falsely attributed Muslim hysteria for beginners") or does screaming blue murder from the rooftops come naturally?

When on multiple occasions the media has deliberately obscured the fact that an atrocity was caused by a muslim you are perfectly entitled on hearing of a likely incident to start assuming that the media is doing it again and it is a muslim (sunni of course) that is responsible and that their being muslim  is hugely relevant as that provides their motivation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

When on multiple occasions the media has deliberately obscured the fact that an atrocity was caused by a muslim you are perfectly entitled on hearing of a likely incident to start assuming that the media is doing it again and it is a muslim (sunni of course) that is responsible and that their being muslim  is hugely relevant as that provides their motivation.

France is undergoing a period of terrorism as bad as, if not worse, than the Algerian terror campaign. This is all enacted by Islamists hell-bent on murdering non-muslims. It is therefore not unrealistic to assume that many horrific crimes committed in France are of Islamic terrorism in nature, especially for the Media reasons you outlined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   81 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.