House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ItalianV6

Notting Hill Flat - Reduced by ~ 40% to £1m

16 minutes ago, ItalianV6 said:

Spotted this on Henry Pryor's twitter page.

£1.65m to £1.5m, and it now has a guide price of £1m for sale by auction. Will be interesting to see what this actually sells for.

That by Notting Hill standards and price per SQ/m is a massive reduction on what I have usually seen.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58993571.html

Wasnt that flat in Trainspotting.

It's a very noisy junction too. My ex-girlfriend used to live in the flat across the street, right next to where the bus is. And even with double glazing it was loud. Was never good with a hangover.

Though in today's market I can easily see it selling for a million if not more, as (other than the junction) it is a pretty decent Notting Hill location.

14 minutes ago, interpol said:

It's a very noisy junction too. My ex-girlfriend used to live in the flat across the street, right next to where the bus is. And even with double glazing it was loud. Was never good with a hangover.

Though in today's market I can easily see it selling for a million if not more, as (other than the junction) it is a pretty decent Notting Hill location.

Except...it's not sold has it.

Going to auction is the last desperate bid by any seller.

Might have worked 2 years ago, but now, lets hope not, then the price discovery really begins.

There are no end of places to buy in London, why pay a £1M for a flat on a noisy junction when you can live elsewhere just as expensively in just as good an area.

11 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Here,

save yourself 150K+ 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57004741.html

Reduced 150K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42788481.html

And by save £150K...I mean...spank £850K

I thought that first link came with its own minbar (mosque plupit)

Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 14.58.00.png

28 minutes ago, Upabove said:

This flat is also listed on rightmove for a timeshare type deal.  Came up on one of my  searches.  so obviously desperate to sell anyway possible.

It looks like that bunk bed type installation up the stairs is the main bathroom.

Its a real mongrel of a property really TBH and its logical it should be a vanguard for falls.

Edited by Fromage Frais

2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

but he wasn't stupid enough to buy.

And he spoke up against the money-lenders.

We all know what happened to him after...

19 hours ago, Fromage Frais said:

Above a paint shop? and still less than 4% yield at the guide price (probably 10-20% lower than they expect to get.

That's no ordinary paint shop it's Farrow & Ball. Very convenient for stocking up on tins of Dead Salmon and Elephant's Breath. Don't you know?

21 hours ago, interpol said:

I think you're right, looks like a pretty decent gaff.  There are probably underlying issues, to do with the lease perhaps, or a huge unpaid bill for communal works.