House Price Crash Forum

Comparison Of House Price Surveys

HOLA441

These are some notes I've compiled to date about the different house price surveys. These are work in progress as I have several more sources to check out. Please tell me what you think, particularly if you have any more detail to add / sources of information. (Not shown but I have viewed are the home websites for the main surveys.)

Word 97 format: will open in Wordpad

Comparison_of_House_Price_Surveys_v1.doc

Comparison_of_House_Price_Surveys_v1.doc

HOLA442
Guest Fiddlesticks

These are some notes I've compiled to date about the different house price surveys. These are work in progress as I have several more sources to check out. Please tell me what you think, particularly if you have any more detail to add / sources of information. (Not shown but I have viewed are the home websites for the main surveys.)

Word 97 format: will open in Wordpad

Thanks DavidGold, I've never got to the bottom of the differences between the different indexes.

If you want a more enthusiastic response from the board you need to scatter "VI" liberally around the document, cast severe doubt upon the the idea of seasonal adjustment (unless it's a downwards adjustment), and convey a suggestion that they're all involved in a blatant conspiracy ;-)

There tends to be more analytical discussion on the Motley Fool board - they'd probably be interested in this and the 'property cycle model' post

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449