House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

You wait a year for a buyer....

Cx39-UrWQAAY48R.jpg

I can imiagine that they must have been congratulating themsleves when they managed to find a buyer after 12 months+ on the market.

Sale falls though ( plenty of them about ) and a 5K drop....I wonder what they are thinking now.

The northants market is definitely no longer booming and next year could see a sizeable collapse.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Cx39-UrWQAAY48R.jpg

I can imiagine that they must have been congratulating themsleves when they managed to find a buyer after 12 months+ on the market.

Sale falls though ( plenty of them about ) and a 5K drop....I wonder what they are thinking now.

The northants market is definitely no longer booming and next year could see a sizeable collapse.

As the reduction has happened straight away suspect the valuation report may have come up short.

19 minutes ago, frye said:

. I'm quite a novice on here, but how do you do manage to get all that information about the house / advert.

thanks

Google "property bee" - it's an app (you can install it with firefox and other browsers I think)

4 minutes ago, electrogear said:

Google "property bee" - it's an app (you can install it with firefox and other browsers I think)

Only works on firefox as far as I'm aware, tried it on google chrome to no avail. Wouldn't know about Microcack IE as wouldn't touch it with yours.

17 hours ago, jfk said:

Only works on firefox as far as I'm aware, tried it on google chrome to no avail. Wouldn't know about Microcack IE as wouldn't touch it with yours.

Bit harsh.  

You know I used to fight for the Microsoft forces back in my youth.   

I was a Lieutenant for Microsoft back in the browser wars.

In fact, I was Steve Ballmer's personal speech writer.  

I wrote his keynote for one of the developers' conferences.

Get up, get up! Developers!

Yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday. ^_^  

We got in to creative differences over the speech.

I wrote it so that he said 'developers' thirty-seven times, but he only wanted to say 'developers' thirty-five times.  I told him it just didn't make any sense without those last two developers!  That was the hook! 

I was on the fast-track until that day, and everything fell apart for me after that.  Ballmer had me demoted.

*Just messin - real source = Red vs Blue.*

There's also a plug-in for Chrome browser called Property Tracker.   Altogether different but I like it.  Seems to have only needed one or two tweaks through many years.  I'm not using any plug-ins for the moment.  Can see for myself mad prices, and don't need a plugin to get excited about minor cuts from bubble prices.

6 minutes ago, Venger said:

Bit harsh.  

*Just messin - real source = Red vs Blue.*

There's also a plug-in for Chrome browser called Property Tracker.   Altogether different but I like it.  Seems to have only needed one or two tweaks through many years.  I'm not using any plug-ins for the moment.  Can see for myself mad prices, and don't need a plugin to get excited about minor cuts from bubble prices.

Hi Venger,

The minor cut is irrelevant to me, it's the fact they've finally accepted after 12 months there is a need for a cut.

£5K wont make a difference.

TBH £50K wouldnt intice me to buy it.

That place should be circa £100K IMHO

14 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Hi Venger,

The minor cut is irrelevant to me, it's the fact they've finally accepted after 12 months there is a need for a cut.

£5K wont make a difference.

TBH £50K wouldnt intice me to buy it.

That place should be circa £100K IMHO

Count, you're in an altogether different market to me - but that's fine. :)

I realised that long ago, with all your focus and RM links to larger higher end houses..  

Quite a few probably still sat on market, although I know others sold because I tracked them.

Suspect you were on the right lines in post below.  It's what I'm waiting for.  In fact you made a better point recently in another post but I can't find it atm.  Something about the buyer side money coming to a sudden halt, and some sellers inclined to accept much lower than general 'what is is worth' beliefs.

39 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It flowed out on the way up and it will flow out on the way down.

I've seen a couple of houses near me trying to sell for daft money recently then reduce to the price that they paid around mid 2015.

I suspect that it's a Londoner or two looking for someone to bail them out.

Locally though, the money, nor the inclination exists to pay such crazy money for a house.

They are about to learn the hardware way about the London Property Tsunami, it took many inland only to be standed as the tide went back out.